What's new

Possible Banned Abilities for Kustom Tournament Variations

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
I sure wish this list is wrong or at least will change come 17th. Not sure why some moves on here are banned.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I sure wish this list is wrong or at least will change come 17th. Not sure why some moves on here are banned.
I think it's already changed. Stephanie said Terminate was banned. This list only has Endoskeleton.

Mother Bug, Lost+Spare Time, Reawakened make sense to be banned.

But holy shit. Jet Stream, Enhanced Regal Presence, Killer Clot, Trick Shot, Ground Freeze and Core Trap have literally no reason to be banned in my opinion.

This sucks tbh. He's gonna leak everything now isn't he...
Hopefully. But I doubt most, if any, of this stuff will matter because we don't know what's going to be changed with the actual patch. This is just what's on disc. Who knows what's changed between Ultimate going gold and now. At least it's something to talk about until then.

Wasn’t it like 20 damage? But shangs 50 damage unblockable isn’t on the banned list? :eek:
Shang can be pretty heavily punished for using it, Fujin's wind push is very difficult or impossible to punish depending on how its used, and is a super fast mid non-projectile with no travel time that pushes full screen when amped and ignores anti-fireball moves.
I think they're trying to avoid it being too degenerate, I dunno.

NoCharge

Noob
No move should be banned imo. They should just nerf them to the ground and then rebalance If necessary. Maybe they'll unban later, though. Also good to see Spawn's set of moves is intact

Shang can be pretty heavily punished for using it, Fujin's wind push is very difficult or impossible to punish depending on how its used, and is a super fast mid non-projectile with no travel time that pushes full screen when amped and ignores anti-fireball moves.
I think they're trying to avoid it being too degenerate, I dunno.
Shang's Soul Swap is still really degenerate and it's on top of the rest of Shang's kit which is really fucking good.
If it's not nerfed or banned in the actual patch then Idk what their thought process is concerning that move.

Sub, Geras and Frost I understand.
Comeback Mechanics like Geras, Terminator and D'vorah I get too.

But I wasn't expecting Sindel, Robocop, Skarlet and Fujin to make the Ban list.

Mandolore1123

I think it's already changed. Stephanie said Terminate was banned. This list only has Endoskeleton.

Mother Bug, Lost+Spare Time, Reawakened make sense to be banned.

But holy shit. Jet Stream, Enhanced Regal Presence, Killer Clot, Trick Shot, Ground Freeze and Core Trap have literally no reason to be banned in my opinion.

Hopefully. But I doubt most, if any, of this stuff will matter because we don't know what's going to be changed with the actual patch. This is just what's on disc. Who knows what's changed between Ultimate going gold and now. At least it's something to talk about until then.
Good point. Hopefully this list becomes irrelevant when the patch comes

Mandolore1123

Yeah but what should be taken off the Ban list and what should be put in?
Killer clot, jet stream, enhanced regal presence all have little reason to be banned. They aren't broken like core trap and don't offer a humongous advantage to the player who uses them

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Killer clot, jet stream, enhanced regal presence all have little reason to be banned. They aren't broken like core trap and don't offer a humongous advantage to the player who uses them
Jet Stream gives Fujin a no hurtbox d3 that's +3 on block, it gives wind push damage, it makes his F31 plus etc.

Regal presence has infinite air time which means a lot of the cast can't touch her, and she has several infinites.

Killer Clot is.. questionable? Same with Ground Puddle?

Trick Shot apparently makes people very motion sick.

Frost's Core Trap is a TOD in the corner as Mustard showed on stream.

Ender Skeleton is.. super weird but Mother bug makes sense since a lot of characters can't touch bug d'vorah.

Fingers crossed they adjusted some of these.

Jet Stream gives Fujin a no hurtbox d3 that's +3 on block, it gives wind push damage, it makes his F31 plus etc.

Regal presence has infinite air time which means a lot of the cast can't touch her, and she has several infinites.

Killer Clot is.. questionable? Same with Ground Puddle?

Trick Shot apparently makes people very motion sick.

Frost's Core Trap is a TOD in the corner as Mustard showed on stream.

Ender Skeleton is.. super weird but Mother bug makes sense since a lot of characters can't touch bug d'vorah.

Fingers crossed they adjusted some of these.
I can only hope Soul Swap's Unblockable-ness and Damage are adjusted once the patch hits.

Maybe some of the other Banned Moves will be tourney legal down the line once adjustments are made.

Mandolore1123

I can only hope Soul Swap's Unblockable-ness and Damage are adjusted once the patch hits.

Maybe some of the other Banned Moves will be tourney legal down the line once adjustments are made.
It has to be unblockable, or else there'd be no point in that move. Shang's also recovering for a full second before he can move so unless he's doing that from full screen he's definitely getting full combo punished. Even from full screen I'm pretty sure many characters have the tools to punish with like a charge move or even a projectile which will certainly deal more damage than Soul Swap. The only place where this would be unfair is if opponent has only 5% health left

It has to be unblockable, or else there'd be no point in that move. Shang's also recovering for a full second before he can move so unless he's doing that from full screen he's definitely getting full combo punished. Even from full screen I'm pretty sure many characters have the tools to punish with like a charge move or even a projectile which will certainly deal more damage than Soul Swap. The only place where this would be unfair is if opponent has only 5% health left
It shouldn't be left as is now and if it is it should Banned.

Mandolore1123

It shouldn't be left as is now and if it is it should Banned.
Everything I've said still applies to the move as it is now. It's highly unsafe and the only argument that can be made is that it might be too broken in low life situations. Many characters can punish it easily. It's not like a far teleport where he moves a set distance away from the opponent so he can keep zoning, the distance between him and the opponent never changes because he simply swaps places with them, and after he swaps you have a full second to dash in or do something to close that gap even further