What's new

Question - A-List possibe run cancel buff

Is this buff reasonable or too much?

• Total voters

Wigy

There it is...
I mean people are saying Kenshi is broke because of my play with him, when he's not top 10. I'd say I know a thing or two about overachieving with balanced characters.

Cage doesn't need anything. The character and you will both survive without any changes. Need is way too strong of a word.
Nobody is saying kenshi is broke because your play with him. must be uncomfortable sitting on your own dick there. Possessed isnt broke hes just totally mindless.

A number of characters need a small amount of love if they wana survive into the competitive scene.

I was referring to alien with my comment earlier.

Last edited:

jaylee777

Juh-Mill-E
I think cage is fine. The only change I'd give him is to make his d3 not -9 on block anymore. -5 would be good

I think it would be much better to nerf some of the high tier characters than buff a mid tier like cage

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
I think cage is fine. The only change I'd give him is to make his d3 not -9 on block anymore. -5 would be good

I think it would be much better to nerf some of the high tier characters than buff a mid tier like cage
So make every character in the game mid-tier? SMH
Some characters are better than others- some can do 1 specific thing really well and other can do other things well or a number of things ok. Every character shouldn't be the same. We have 3 variations of every character for goodness sake yet 1 or 2 are viable?

Tweedy

Noob
Nobody is saying kenshi is broke because your play with him. must be uncomfortable sitting on your own dick there. Possessed isnt broke hes just totally mindless.

A number of characters need a small amount of love if they wana survive into the competitive scene.
"Broke", "mindless", etc, whatever hyperbole you want to use.

My point is that criticisms of a non-top 10 character exist because of me and purely me, so sarcastically saying "you know about balanced characters", is asinine.

Wigy

There it is...
Im not guna start a beef here. Agree to disagee. I'd be careful about tooting your own horn though.

I'd like to point out something.. You say kenshis not stupid you're just good. But most of people justifications for jc still being tournament viable is irish mantis.

Just food for thought. Most of the jc community, including people who said cage has been top tier from day 1, now say hes not great.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
That would be some juicy hit advantage for a bar, like Pyro Tanya. Would you decrease the hit advantage if the armor is activated or leave it as is since it's whiff punishable? I know he has no mixups but standing pressure can still go a long way for him.
I think it would be fine. It's unsafe on block and Johnny Cage is a rushdown character.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Ideally they wouldn't touch Cage and they would bring down the more dominant variations like Demo, Grandmaster, etc to his level. The game would require a lot more thought and just bringing back the old "I touch you on hit or block and it's a one player game for 20 seconds" Cage.

Wigy

There it is...
Is knee worth giving up
Much better zoning
Better pokes
Better close up pressure
Much much much better wakeups
Ex dragon kick is essentially a free get off me vs like half the cast, -8.. Good luck punishing, and if it whiffs hes fullscreen.
Better grab
Arguaby best uppercut in the game for jump ins
Iafb works as insane antiair as does u4 into great damage
Better walkspeed
Fullscreen frame traps on characters with 8f pokes with dragon kick mb
Better backdash
Better forward dash
Some of the best checks for when opponent is slightly neg with f4 and b1
Better anti zoning with dragon kick and low fireball.
Better meterbuild.
Better oki, with armour breaking safe mid and d3 meaty into d1 frame trap
Actual jailing pressure with ex fbc
Better corner carry.
Corpse hop setups
Insane range sweep that low profiles life itself

Not to mention the space control jc gets with f3 isnt much better than the space control liu gets from his zoning/b2/dragon kick, run in normal/grab.

Jc has d4 and f3 over liu. Thats about it.

Oh and thats just dragon fire.

Lol thread derailed

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs
Is knee worth giving up
Much better zoning
Better pokes
Better close up pressure
Much much much better wakeups
Ex dragon kick is essentially a free get off me vs like half the cast, -8.. Good luck punishing, and if it whiffs hes fullscreen.
Better grab
Arguaby best uppercut in the game for jump ins
Iafb works as insane antiair as does u4 into great damage
Better walkspeed
Fullscreen frame traps on characters with 8f pokes with dragon kick mb
Better backdash
Better forward dash
Some of the best checks for when opponent is slightly neg with f4 and b1
Better anti zoning with dragon kick and low fireball.
Better meterbuild.
Better oki, with armour breaking safe mid and d3 meaty into d1 frame trap
Actual jailing pressure with ex fbc
Better corner carry.
Corpse hop setups
Insane range sweep that low profiles life itself

Not to mention the space control jc gets with f3 isnt much better than the space control liu gets from his zoning/b2/dragon kick, run in normal/grab.

Jc has d4 and f3 over liu. Thats about it.

Oh and thats just dragon fire.

Lol thread derailed
see that's two different questions entirely.
now you're basically asking who's the better character in which case liu is obviously but like i said i never played cage cus i wanted pressure or even zoning it was cus i wanted better spacing at mid range which cage does have over liu. the only other run cancel pressure character who's spacing compares to cage in mid range is jax(currently ass) and d'vorah(can't combo f1 at certain ranges so yeah there is a reason to use cage, it depends on what you want, doesn't make him a better character though

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
idk why people are complaining, it could have been worse. My only problem is that Cage feels clunky, Id like the prepatch stamina back but thats just me being picky. This game is balanced enough that even being Uppermid tier means that he can deal with the cast (cept for maybe sub, that MU is just super annoying)

Wigy

There it is...
see that's two different questions entirely.
now you're basically asking who's the better character in which case liu is obviously but like i said i never played cage cus i wanted pressure or even zoning it was cus i wanted better spacing at mid range which cage does have over liu. the only other run cancel pressure character who's spacing compares to cage in mid range is jax(currently ass) and d'vorah(can't combo f1 at certain ranges so yeah there is a reason to use cage, it depends on what you want, doesn't make him a better character though
thats true, but they work in a similar respect and liu has waaaay more than jc.

Why play jc over cassie by that logic, her b124>f3

Staggerable, hitconfirmable, plus at the end.

omooba

fear the moobs
thats true, but they work in a similar respect and liu has waaaay more than jc.

Why play jc over cassie by that logic, her b124>f3

Staggerable, hitconfirmable, plus at the end.
because she doesn't have run cancels.
i don't know about you but for me run cancelling feels like crack, i can't get enough of it

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I mean people are saying Kenshi is broke because of my play with him, when he's not top 10. I'd say I know a thing or two about overachieving with balanced characters.
I was banned a month and the only reason I was mad about it is because I couldn't reply to this comment of yours, and now I can finally say it:

Last edited:

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM

Cage doesn't need anything. The character and you will both survive without any changes. Need is way too strong of a word.
What does he do bad in.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Cage doesn't need buffs, just fixes.
Fix that damn extra 5 frame on block stupidity, really if i was the designer that issued that task to be implemented I wouldn't show my face at the grocery store from shame, I'd pack up and move in the mountains somewhere.