What's new

(POLL) Would you prefer to have the ENTIRE Kombat Pack 1 DLC or a Balance Update?

Which would you prefer have in the next update?

• BALANCE PATCH!!!

Votes: 89 77.4%
  • Kombat Pack 1 (Entire DLC)

Votes: 26 22.6%

• Total voters

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
neither... I lik the one character at a time release thing and I hate the idea of balance patches. I much prefer static meta and just bug fixes.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
neither... I lik the one character at a time release thing and I hate the idea of balance patches. I much prefer static meta and just bug fixes.
This is an honest question. Not trying to sound like a dick here or anything....but you really don't want a patch? You'd be happy with just bug fixes and this game to stay as is?

I'm honestly just surprised there's not more people who are bored out of their minds with this game in its current state. Watching tournaments and just seeing ENDLESS Erron Black B222 and Geras F212 is just making me so done with it. Obviously, there's plenty more I dislike about it, but there's no need to get into them in detail right now.

I was so excited for MKX's first EVO. I couldn't care less about watching this game at EVO this year. I want to be excited for MK11, I'm just not.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The fact that they keep adding guest characters and that other fighting games also add keep adding guest characters should tell you everything you need to know. Notice also that the guests are always packaged with normal characters in cheaper season passes/kombat packs. And did you consider that you might be overestimating how many people buy DLC? Characters like the Atom and Enchantress probably sold pitifully, but when you bundle them with TMNT, one of the most popular franchises of all time, they probably sell more by order of magnitudes. Tanya and Tremor seemed like popular characters, but there's just no way they sold that pack better than Jason and Predator. You don't need the sales numbers to tell the obvious, people have gone to see like 20 movies based on those two characters compared to two niché MK characters.
That is all just speculation. I'm not saying you're wrong in the least... but we also have very little to no proof (other than Mr. Boon's twitter) of just HOW dramatically different the sales are.

Like... i'll eat the crow if someone just came out and showed that in MKX Predator and Alien outsold all the other DLC combined by 5 to 1. That is plausible to me. I just don't think it is the case.

I think timing plays a huge role and the guests are a way to get retention of customers after initial launch... but i'd be willing to be that retention rate is very very low.

This of course is all just my devil's advocate speculation.

not fact.

kcd117

Noob
If I tried, with all te kustom moves, to build the most busted character possible in this game, I still can’t see how it could beat 52 kard Erron.

Balance patch.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
I'm honestly just surprised there's not more people who are bored out of their minds with this game in its current state. Watching tournaments and just seeing ENDLESS Erron Black B222 and Geras F212 is just making me so done with it. Obviously, there's plenty more I dislike about it, but there's no need to get into them in detail right now.

I was so excited for MKX's first EVO. I couldn't care less about watching this game at EVO this year. I want to be excited for MK11, I'm just not.
The boredom is not going to be fixed with a balance patch. There is no such thing as “Brady’s Subzero,” “Foxy’s Lao” or “Scar’s Sonya” in MK11. Its just “Subzero,” “Lao” and “Sonya” as the characters don’t have any experimentation available because of how limited their toolsets are. Everyone must use the character the same way as it’s the only way to use them. The characters need to be opened up for this game to be fun to play and spectate.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
The boredom is not going to be fixed with a balance patch. There is no such thing as “Brady’s Subzero,” “Foxy’s Lao” or “Scar’s Sonya” in MK11. Its just “Subzero,” “Lao” and “Sonya” as the characters don’t have any experimentation available because of how limited their toolsets are. Everyone must use the character the same way as it’s the only way to use them. The characters need to be opened up for this game to be fun to play and spectate.
You are wrong. I can show you two Shao Kahn players that win and use him completely differently.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Balance patch hands down! Because having the DLC is nice with a quality of life for a week or two before the same gameplay and issues make the game stale again. We need quality control. We need lower characters brought to the top tiers. We NEED A BALANCE PATCH!

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
You are wrong. I can show you two Shao Kahn players that win and use him completely differently.
I haven’t seen anyone play Shao Kahn in a major tournament yet to be able to see that, but he is definitely one of the more interesting to play, I’ll give you that.

POPTDP

Noob
Neither. I just want 2 things in this game to be truly happy:

1. Skins (including the ones that should be in game like Klassic Liu Kang and Raiden etc)
  2. Kustom Variations in Ranked to actually change up the characters so not everyone plays the exact same way

Which is why they shouldve went with custom variations or scrapped variations altogether.

Customs variations was the reason why the beta was so much fun.

2. Balance patch

I think the difference between, for example, a Geras and a Shao Khan is crazy and it's not fair on people who want to main one of the lower tier characters.

In fact I know a couple of people who got this game at release for the sole reason of maining Shao Khan. If they would have known he would be such a pile of shit I sincerely doubt they would own the game

Honestly only two maybe three things could immediately bring me back to mk11. Spawn, big game rework/patch, or wifi filters for ranked

Honestly at this point I'm ready for them to say fuck it and make customs legal everywhere. Even in tournament