What's new

(POLL) Would you prefer to have the ENTIRE Kombat Pack 1 DLC or a Balance Update?

Which would you prefer have in the next update?

• BALANCE PATCH!!!

Votes: 89 77.4%
  • Kombat Pack 1 (Entire DLC)

Votes: 26 22.6%

• Total voters

Yamborghini High

Live and Die by the Shimmy
In a fantasy world, if we were to get a huge update right after EVO, which would you prefer to have?

1. All Kharacters from Kombat Pack 1? (Assuming its Nightwolf, Sindel, Spawn, Terminator)

or

The highly anticipated Urban Legend also known as the MK11 Balance Patch?

(btw "Why not both???" is not an option!)

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I don't like either of these choices.

I want the DLC characters up through Sindel and some slight changes and/or new tournament variations.

Leave the guests down the street at the fortnite kids gathering.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
anyone who thinks the "guests sell crazy well" should provide proof. Cuz i think the perception is greater than the reality.

MK doesn't need guests. It needs MK.
Ed Boon has stated publicly multiple times that the guests outsell the regular characters by a large margin. This isn't some secret or hidden knowledge.

Even without that fact, you could apply some critical thinking and come the the realization yourself easily enough. This is a business in the end, you think there are more and more guest characters every game because they sell poorly, or because they sell very well?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Ed Boon has stated publicly multiple times that the guests outsell the regular characters by a large margin. This isn't some secret or hidden knowledge.

Even without that fact, you could apply some critical thinking and come the the realization yourself easily enough. This is a business in the end, you think there are more and more guest characters every game because they sell poorly, or because they sell very well?
I dont' follow boon, so until i see actual numbers...... /shrug

I personally think there are guest characters because people continue to lobby for them and Boon thinks they're "cool"

I think Mileena would outsell anyone right now as DLC.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I could honestly care less about the guest in that pack. Sindel is somewhat interesting, but the rest are either meh or garbo for me.

A patch to address the hitbox/hurtbox issues, FBs, KB imbalance, and some slight balancing would be infinitely better.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter

I personally think there are guest characters because people continue to lobby for them and Boon thinks they're "cool"

Unless you work for NRS or Warner brothers you will never see the actual numbers because those are not publicly available.

I guess you could assume public facing people from both companies are lying every time they say guest characters outsell regular characters, and by a lot,, in some elaborate ruse to bring down injustice/mk characters, but thats something a crazy person would do.

I love mileena and all, but Terminator would outsell MIleena(or any other mk character) at least 5 to 1.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Unless you work for NRS or Warner brothers you will never see the actual numbers because those are not publicly available.

I guess you could assume public facing people from both companies are lying every time they say guest characters outsell regular characters, and by a lot,, in some elaborate ruse to bring down injustice/mk characters, but thats something a crazy person would do.

I love mileena and all, but Terminator would outsell MIleena(or any other mk character) at least 5 to 1.
We can agree to disagree about all of your statements.

I personally think they would probably sell around the same. Terminator has the advantage of bringing in people who stopped playing and didn't even notice another DLC dropped.
So i'll say you're right that guests outsell, and the strategy makes sense. I just don't think it is by such a large margin that it makes that much of a difference.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player

I personally think they would probably sell around the same. Terminator has the advantage of bringing in people who stopped playing and didn't even notice another DLC dropped.
So i'll say you're right that guests outsell, and the strategy makes sense. I just don't think it is by such a large margin that it makes that much of a difference.
A lot of players are casual. I bet more players of MK11 know who terminater is over characters like mileena

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
My answer is both for a couple reasons.
1. We need several things adjusted/fixedafter EVO(who knows when): hitboxes, Fatal Blows, Meter Regen for strong F-Neutral tools, KB requirements adjusted to be more practical.

2. DLC is gonna be great but there is the possibility a few of them might be very broke and require adjustments and if the patch came out before DLC we have seen how long patches take in MK11.

We need both ASAP most likely after EVO but hopefully soon.

I don't think Mileena would outsell guest characters like Terminator & Spawn. MK fans would definitely buy Mileena but people not interested in the MK franchise are brought to the game with these guest characters. In fact players from SF, SC, Tekken and other communities will be buying them like they did Freddy, Jason, LeatherFace, Predator, Alien and They outnumber MK fans.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes

The fact that they keep adding guest characters and that other fighting games also add keep adding guest characters should tell you everything you need to know. Notice also that the guests are always packaged with normal characters in cheaper season passes/kombat packs. And did you consider that you might be overestimating how many people buy DLC? Characters like the Atom and Enchantress probably sold pitifully, but when you bundle them with TMNT, one of the most popular franchises of all time, they probably sell more by order of magnitudes. Tanya and Tremor seemed like popular characters, but there's just no way they sold that pack better than Jason and Predator. You don't need the sales numbers to tell the obvious, people have gone to see like 20 movies based on those two characters compared to two niché MK characters.