What's new

Pokemon X & Y: Gen 6 Announced!

smokey

EX Ovi should launch

SO this happened...

So far can only see it being on 3DS which is annoying to say the least, but whats everyones opinions on the new gen announcement?

Personally feel its too soon, and after thinking Gen 5 pokemon was getting a bit much, they go and do MORE! Wont likely be getting it as the 3DS doesnt interest me, but we'll see..

Wigy

There it is...
havent played pokemon since like diamond and pearl but this 3d nonsense looks horrid why didnt they stick to simple birds eye view like blue red etc.

I'm pretty sure this is actually going to be the last generation of pokemon. I remember reading that somewhere.

Solo

Shadow Priest
Personally feel its too soon, and after thinking Gen 5 pokemon was getting a bit much, they go and do MORE! Wont likely be getting it as the 3DS doesnt interest me, but we'll see..
Wasn't too soon imo. A new Gen usually comes out when Ash is close to finishing the region. And the Black and White season is almost finished.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Wasn't too soon imo. A new Gen usually comes out when Ash is close to finishing the region. And the Black and White season is almost finished.
The Black & White games came out in 2010, 2 years later the sequel arrives, now they give it like 6 months and announce another whole generation. They are rushing to keep the brand fresh and alive, i wouldn't quarrel if they were announcing a Wii U pokemon title, but as its another handheld they are really pumping them out!

I haven't watched anything Pokemon related in years. The last thing I even remember was Jesse from Team Rocket accidentaly trading her Psyduck for Wubafet. And I always htought Mew and Mewtwo were the two strongest Pokemon still roaming until I was informed of that that is not the case anymore. Aparently, there are Pokemon who can manipulate time and space.

this series will never die so I hope the fans enjoy it. Cheers!

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
The Black & White games came out in 2010, 2 years later the sequel arrives, now they give it like 6 months and announce another whole generation. They are rushing to keep the brand fresh and alive, i wouldn't quarrel if they were announcing a Wii U pokemon title, but as its another handheld they are really pumping them out!
Game has probably been in development for a long while. They just happened to have announced it now.

I'm pretty sure this is actually going to be the last generation of pokemon. I remember reading that somewhere.
lol. Highly unlikely. Dat $$$.

matterovermind

mindundermatter
Yessssssssssssssss

Now I have a reason to buy that 3DS XL or whatever it is. I really want to play BW / BW2 but couldn't justify it. This seals the deal lmao. Btw, is the story mode for BW/BW2 different? Or is it just the addition of new pokes / moves / etc?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
My favourite thing to do in most of these games is get a full team of Eevee evolutions. Love that pokemon.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Yessssssssssssssss

Now I have a reason to buy that 3DS XL or whatever it is. I really want to play BW / BW2 but couldn't justify it. This seals the deal lmao. Btw, is the story mode for BW/BW2 different? Or is it just the addition of new pokes / moves / etc?
Pokemon BW2 had a different story to BW, i would play the first one before the second as you add new towns and characters as well as visiting lots of places you would recognise from bw, and you also take a different route through the region and the geography has changed!

First one has better story i thought, but second one has more fun elements along the way and you see much cooler pokemon from the start and have a much better team choices early on.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The first BW games are worth getting over every Pokemon game not RBY or GSC. The second ones are after you play through the first.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The first BW games are worth getting over every Pokemon game not RBY or GSC. The second ones are after you play through the first.
gsc were fucking legendary, too bad you couldnt evolve the damn haunter/kadabra/machop and the steels, every team i ever made had haunter and kadabra and at a point i ran only haunters

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
things dont cast shadows in pokemon world?

Reactions: REO