What's new

Pokemon X and Y - Discussion/Friend Code Exchange

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
doesn't GUTS remove the effects of burn though? Which makes the whole "give a fire pokemon GUTS" pretty dumb.
Guts raises the Attack stat by 50% while affected by the burn, paralysis, poison, or sleep status conditions. The Attack drop from burn does not occur.
You still take the damage. You give Flareon a Toxic Orb so it gets the Condition right away. Hence the Protect so you can set up the turn you bring it in.

Here are other options for Flareon
http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/flareon

Also this was the Strategy for BW Flareon:
http://www.smogon.com/dex/bw/pokemon/flareon

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I think it is the fact that Toxic poison does hella self damage after a few turns..... where a burn doesn't really do much.

I guess it doesn't matter cuz Flareon sucks regardless and will be dead anyhow.

Indecisive

I think it is the fact that Toxic poison does hella self damage after a few turns..... where a burn doesn't really do much.

I guess it doesn't matter cuz Flareon sucks regardless and will be dead anyhow.
Pretty much. Its a Gimmick. But can do big Damage though.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Wow. You dont have to put the time in for me...

Are all Pokemon players in our scene cool like that?

Id think Poke players are selfish the way you get fucked in wonder trade lol

Indecisive

Wow. You dont have to put the time in for me...

Are all Pokemon players in our scene cool like that?

Id think Poke players are selfish the way you get fucked in wonder trade lol
Its not that hard. I actually really enjoy Breeding. Its very relaxing to me. Also i send the ones i don't want through wonder trade or give them to people if they need them. If you need anything feel free to ask. I have every pokemon in the game.

ZEROX

Noob
They should of given it a better ability.
Guts is just so blah.
Oh, I agree hes the worst all all the Eeveelutions, but here am I asking for help and your putting him down lol Maybe Ill team him up in doubles with some kinda prankster to live a little longer or something..

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Btw, is there anyway to battle all six pokemon in your party, single battle style?

I like the mind game that choosing 3 of a potential 6 provides, but wondered what it's like battling 6 on 6, one at a time. Probably take forever though: (

Indecisive

Btw, is there anyway to battle all six pokemon in your party, single battle style?

I like the mind game that choosing 3 of a potential 6 provides, but wondered what it's like battling 6 on 6, one at a time. Probably take forever though: (
If you battle specific people then you can do 6 V 6. So if you were to challenge me then we could set it to 6 V 6. In ranked and basic online they make you only pick 3 since thats how its done in competition and such.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Does anyone have a Swinub/Piloswine/Mamoswine with Stealth Rock?

And while we're at it, anyone have a Sandshrew/Sandslash with Knock Off?

IVs/EVs/Nature do not matter at all. I just need them for breeding :D
WTF.. haha here I'm thinking that if I beat the elite 4 I'm good to go haha. Man, idk, maybe I should just stick to farming the elite 4 and trade and make my day fun haha. People do this for fun? or just to be super competitive?

Indecisive

@Kitana Prime Do you want me to name it anything? Also do you care that its Naughty Nature. Thats +Attack -Special Defense. It will be 5IV also. Or 4IV

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
WTF.. haha here I'm thinking that if I beat the elite 4 I'm good to go haha. Man, idk, maybe I should just stick to farming the elite 4 and trade and make my day fun haha. People do this for fun? or just to be super competitive?
Honestly, that was my reaction at first too, but X & Y made all this kind of super training INCREDIBLY easy. Once you have a pokemon bred you can fully EV train it in 15-20 minutes, if that.

That being said, I do it for fun. I've perfectly bred and trained around 35 pokemon but I've only had like, 5 battles haha. I don't plan on going to tournaments or anything either. I just like breeding because I find it to be an amazing chill-out activity. It's a little daunting at first but once you get the hang of it, it's super simple.

But of course, it's not for everyone. As I said before, it's not necessary to do all of this to be competitive. You just do yo thang and have fun :)

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Honestly, that was my reaction at first too, but X & Y made all this kind of super training INCREDIBLY easy. Once you have a pokemon bred you can fully EV train it in 15-20 minutes, if that.

That being said, I do it for fun. I've perfectly bred and trained around 35 pokemon but I've only had like, 5 battles haha. I don't plan on going to tournaments or anything either. I just like breeding because I find it to be an amazing chill-out activity. It's a little daunting at first but once you get the hang of it, it's super simple.

But of course, it's not for everyone. As I said before, it's not necessary to do all of this to be competitive. You just do yo thang and have fun :)
ok, so how can I check evs on a pokemon? or can I? So I transfered this Gliscor from my black version and wanted to try to test this iv calc out. I'm on psypoke.com. So I put in the stats with 0 evs cause idk how to check those. So for hp I got a 19 for iv and for Special D I got 25. The rest says its invalid values cause they are higher than a 0 ev pokemon i guess? how would I find the rest?

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!

Also the judge said my gliscor has superior potential, its greatest stat is attk, and they simply can't be beat. What exactly would I take away from this?

Indecisive

ok, so how can I check evs on a pokemon? or can I? So I transfered this Gliscor from my black version and wanted to try to test this iv calc out. I'm on psypoke.com. So I put in the stats with 0 evs cause idk how to check those. So for hp I got a 19 for iv and for Special D I got 25. The rest says its invalid values cause they are higher than a 0 ev pokemon i guess? how would I find the rest?
When you go to Super Training in X and Y it shows the Pokemons EV's