What's new

General/Other - Ruthless PnG run cancel makes other M+Can+R= Combo extension underwhelming

Does this make other Move+Cancel+Run= Extended combos seem underwhelming?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Is the b121 PNG RC F2 consistent? Im having trouble with it. If it is anyone know how tight the link is?
Why do b.121? With 10 frames of start-up, you might as well use standing 4 and reduce the scaling while tacking on an additional 2% to the beginning move.
Its a very loose thing too, easy to land.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Why do b.121? With 10 frames of start-up, you might as well use standing 4 and reduce the scaling while tacking on an additional 2% to the beginning move.
Its a very loose thing too, easy to land.
Cus then you can go for swag combos like B121xx PnGRCxx B1212

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
are there any times where PnGRC leaves you at plus? i cant play for a while so trying to find out all i can :D

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
are there any times where PnGRC leaves you at plus? i cant play for a while so trying to find out all i can :D
Sure, lots of times. A relatively easy one to start with is 1,1xx PnGxx Runxx F2, 11, b121, dbf1. To be clear, that F2 is not only plus, it's a full combo if you do it correctly.

You could use this as an 9 frame punish.

Last edited:

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Frame data for cancel leaves you at neutral (0) so as long as the move you cancelled from was +, it should be whatever frame that was + whatever active frames you made it through during P'n'G. I think, if my understanding of frame advantage and sheet is correct.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Frame data for cancel leaves you at neutral (0) so as long as the move you cancelled from was +, it should be whatever frame that was + whatever active frames you made it through during P'n'G. I think, if my understanding of frame advantage and sheet is correct.
The frame data is telling me that PnG only has 1 startup frame, 0 active and 51 Recover. But is it really only 1 frame? Feels slower to me.

If it really is 1 frame, then if a string leaves you e.g. +10, then it should leave you +9 after a PnG Cancel. Just subtract 1 frame on anything.

You're right that actually Canceling is zero frames, but that ignores the Startup.

Last edited:

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
im getting the B121 PnGRC more consistently. not sure what it is yet but getting about 6 out of 10 times. im also new to run cancel combos so thats probably why lol

really cant wait to get this down. the amount of B121's ive landed after a D3. now i'll get a full combo............Gotem

carrion4worm

king of the underground
im getting the B121 PnGRC more consistently. not sure what it is yet but getting about 6 out of 10 times. im also new to run cancel combos so thats probably why lol

really cant wait to get this down. the amount of B121's ive landed after a D3. now i'll get a full combo............Gotem
everytime you post your name reminds me of "crypt of rays" by Celtic Frost...lol, sorry, I'll leave now..

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
So 5 people agreed with OP. Can those people show themselves and explain their reasoning? Everyone who's said something in this thread has been against it. Don't worry, F/T mains don't seem to blow people up for just disagreeing on something.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I was like damn.... did i read that right? Is someone asking for a ferra torr nerf?...... this duo is the last on roster that needs a nerf, even after 9-1-2015 Hotfix.:p

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
So 5 people agreed with OP. Can those people show themselves and explain their reasoning? Everyone who's said something in this thread has been against it. Don't worry, F/T mains don't seem to blow people up for just disagreeing on something.
Could be that they only agree that the run cancel itself makes others look underwhelming, and not the character as a whole, so it's just interpretation. I would agree with that to some extent.

What are everyone's thoughts on Ruthless so far? When I saw the patch notes I thought it would be our best variation, but right now I think it's roughly as good as Vicious, maybe slightly better. The strength seems to be getting way better punishes via PnG RC.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Could be that they only agree that the run cancel itself makes others look underwhelming, and not the character as a whole, so it's just interpretation. I would agree with that to some extent.

What are everyone's thoughts on Ruthless so far? When I saw the patch notes I thought it would be our best variation, but right now I think it's roughly as good as Vicious, maybe slightly better. The strength seems to be getting way better punishes via PnG RC.
Better punishes, yes. But the mind game that comes with, "will I cancel or not" after conditioning them with frame traps and armor makes it the best variation in my opinion. Once you get them conditioned to not press buttons, then cancel into throw. Adds a whole new level.

Dev.K.

Noob

Ruthless is pretty fucking legit right now. Tbh, I don't see a reason to even use Vicous or Lackey anymore in a lot of matchups.

Doombawkz was right, this buff was good enough.

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
lol no it doesn't
You really think the LAW cancel is better than the PnG!? What is your reasoning?

F/T users are really going to take off with the new buffs that he is getting. The bad thing is F/T didn't need them. Hopefully the Buffs don't result in unnecessary nerfs.

omooba

fear the moobs
You really think the LAW cancel is better than the PnG!? What is your reasoning?

F/T users are really going to take off with the new buffs that he is getting. The bad thing is F/T didn't need them. Hopefully the Buffs don't result in unnecessary nerfs.
first i'd like to say i'm a jax main and i've also played ferra since launch
what i think people don't realize is ferra doesn't have that much options after png cancel. a massive amount of the cast can either back jump or cross up and it covers most of his options cus he has shitty anti airs. cassie, lao, jax, sub all abuse this. this became especially bad during the beta because they nerfed throws. his offense after png was f2 or throw but since throws are easily teched now he's limited a lot more.
i still think he's very good if you make the right reads but the thing about png is he damages himself and it becomes very hard to open up your opponent.

now my main jax gets to basically do a 50/50 and get pressure after. get's to make his knee safe and combo off it. get's more meterless dmg midscreen which is damn near a taboo for jax. he just gains a lot more than ferra.

again ferra's still very good. especially that godlike d1 she gets after png it's just not enough

Odyessus

New PSN: XShdwX_Odysseus
first i'd like to say i'm a jax main and i've also played ferra since launch
what i think people don't realize is ferra doesn't have that much options after png cancel. a massive amount of the cast can either back jump or cross up and it covers most of his options cus he has shitty anti airs. cassie, lao, jax, sub all abuse this. this became especially bad during the beta because they nerfed throws. his offense after png was f2 or throw but since throws are easily teched now he's limited a lot more.
i still think he's very good if you make the right reads but the thing about png is he damages himself and it becomes very hard to open up your opponent.

now my main jax gets to basically do a 50/50 and get pressure after. get's to make his knee safe and combo off it. get's more meterless dmg midscreen which is damn near a taboo for jax. he just gains a lot more than ferra.

again ferra's still very good. especially that godlike d1 she gets after png it's just not enough
Are you sure you can make f3 safe with a cancel?? I thought that could be blown up.... Been wrong before. I feel F/T has good anti airs tools. His d2 is garbage but he has that overhead slap move and his d1 and d3 are awesome for anti airs and get good damage. F/T's PnG cancel stacks in both armor and damage.

Jax gets to cancel into safety and that's about it...

I also main Jax and my buddy is a F/T main from the get go... well since month 2 of the game. I feel and have felt for awhile now since the last patch Ruthless is A+ all around. I also have Jax A+.

Kamikaze_Highlander

he has that overhead slap move and his d1 and d3 are awesome for anti airs
b2 (the OH slap), has almost no vertical hitbox over or directly in front of Torr, it's not as good as you would think, d1 and d3 are good, but Torr's hitbox makes low profiling jump ins/cross ups difficult.

Kamikaze_Highlander

becomes very hard to open up your opponent.
I'm really hoping for a new string w/o Ferra to give us more options after PnG cancel, alternatively, Ferra shouldn't fall off after a backdash cancel, doesn't really make sense to me, the recovery on our backdash hardly makes this broken. Even just Lackey's b2, or the wakeup version of bf3 would be awesome.

You still have to not be blocking to tech throws right? Even in the new netcode, as long as you're mixing up lows, d1 checks, and throws , and their not jumping over you, PnG mind games will be here to stay.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
thread title looks like a math formula or something