What's new

Please post EVO character champions

Robotic

Gentleman.
Hey all,

I don't know how feasible this really is, but to everyone who is going to follow EVO (including those going), can a list be drafted showing who the #1 player was for each respective character? For example: #1 Noob Player: abc123 placed 16th.

I would really like to know who the highest level players are for each character so we can all kindly bug them to contribute to the matchup chart if they haven't already. More importantly, it'll put them on the map more than they already are and get well deserved recognition from the Kommunity: There are plenty of us out there who care about more than just S-tier.

Note: Although placing higher than someone else doesn't necessarily mean they are "better" than everyone else for that character, it can't hurt as some sort of barometer, especially it being EVO.

EDIT: Congrats to all the high level players out there that made watching this so enjoyable! Come hell or high water, I'm there next year!

What we have so far (all unofficial)

Kung Lao: Perfect Legend / 1st.
Mileena: REO / 2nd.
Johnny Cage: JOP / 3rd.
Reptile : Chris G / 4th.
Sub Zero: Denzell / 5th (used Liu Kang when he got to top 8)
Kitana: OSU 16-Bit / 5th
Kabal: Online Tony / 7th
Liu Kang: ATL Redd / 7th
Smoke: Aris / 9th
Jax: Tyrant / 9th
Shang Tsung: Alex Valle / 16th?
Sektor: Sektroll or Hoodaman / ?
Sindel: Cookie / ?
Nightwolf: LordOfTheFly / ?
Scorpion: Slips / ?
Cyrax: Trophy Club / 32ish

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Im just going to guess Sektroll will be the best sektor;)

But I think this is a great idea, would love to see this

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
DetroitBalln/Valle/Mr Naps/WoundCowboy (Shang Tsung)
Morty Seinfeld/wonderchef (Sonya)
Perfect Legend/Brady/LK-520 (Kung Lao)
Lord of the Fly (Night Wolf)
DrDogg/Konqrr (Kitana)
Pig of the hut/REO (Mileena)
Sao (Johnny Cage)
JT Circus (Kano)
Trophy Club/krayzie bone (Cyrax)
Nick T/lionheart (Sub Zero)
Chris G/milky situation/WonderChef (Reptile)
BW1ZZ (Raiden)
Napalm 78/S1lent1 (Ermac)
RIP (Noob Saibot) "Morty Seinfeld has a Killer Noob"
Aris (Smoke)
Sektroll (Sektor)
Michaelangelo (Kabal)
Krayzie Bone (Jade)

-----------------------

Off the top of my head.

Robotic

Gentleman.
DetroitBalln (Shang Tsung)
Morty Seinfeld (Sonya)
Perfect Legend (Kung Lao)
Lord of the Fly (Night Wolf)
DrDogg/Konqrr (Kitana)
Pig of the hut/REO (Mileena)
Sao (Johnny Cage)
JT Circus (Kano)
Trophy Club (Cyrax)
Nick T (Sub Zero)
Chris G (Reptile)

-----------------------

Off the top of my head.
I appreciate your excitement and you could be 100% right, but if at all possible I would like an actual list of EVO results for the top characters, not predictions.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I appreciate your excitement and you could be 100% right, but if at all possible I would like an actual list of EVO results for the top characters, not predictions.
oh, I edited that list. I thought you wanted a list of characters early to know what chars to watch out for. I guess we will have to wait for the official results when evo is over.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Sao you missed CD for Kitana, Maxter for Cyrax, and OnlineTony's Kabal (from the top of my head)

and yeah, i know that's not the point of the thread haha

Robotic

Gentleman.
I'm interested in seeing how high a Scorpion player might place, or if anyone is going out on a limb and taking Quan Chi, Stryker or Baraka to EVO. I would love under-represented characters performing well and knowing who made those characters look good. Here's hoping for surprises.

DrDogg

Noob
Sao you missed CD for Kitana, Maxter for Cyrax, and OnlineTony's Kabal (from the top of my head)

and yeah, i know that's not the point of the thread haha
CD isn't going to Evo from what I've heard.

I'm interested in seeing how high a Scorpion player might place, or if anyone is going out on a limb and taking Quan Chi, Stryker or Baraka to EVO. I would love under-represented characters performing well and knowing who made those characters look good. Here's hoping for surprises.
Slips uses Scorpion. I'll be surprised if anyone places higher than him.

That said, placement only means so much, especially looking at the way the pools are shaping up. In several cases, there are three or more top players in a single pool. Only two of them can advance to the quarterfinals. People with easier pools have the advantage.

Robotic

Gentleman.
CD isn't going to Evo from what I've heard.

Slips uses Scorpion. I'll be surprised if anyone places higher than him.

That said, placement only means so much, especially looking at the way the pools are shaping up. In several cases, there are three or more top players in a single pool. Only two of them can advance to the quarterfinals. People with easier pools have the advantage.
It can always be an addendum to the thread. Player A got knocked out by player B in the pool of death, he's still a beast.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Bump. Can we get this updated? So....

Top Kung Lao: Perfect Legend / 1st.
Top Mileena: REO / 2nd.
Top Johnny Cage: JOP / 3rd.
Top Reptile : 4th.
Top Liu Kang: Denzell / 5th (didn't he play Sub pretty much the whole way through until top 8? I didn't see all of it)
Top Kitana: OSU 16-Bit / 5th
Top Kabal: Online Tony / 7th
Top Scorpion: Slips / ?
Top Smoke: Aris / 9th

Anyone else know who deserves props for using a character well at EVO?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'd put ATL Redd as top Liu Kang instead of Denzel. Put him as Sub Zero, since that's really how he made top 8 (he didn't win with Kang in top 8, so I wouldn't say that's fair)

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
Top Shang Tsung: Alex Valle top 16
Top Nightwolf: Pig of the Hunt top 32 iirc
Top Sektor: Sektroll ?? No idea where he placed