What's new

Playing Jacqui has made me realize how garbage I am at MK11

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
I think you're just adjusting to a new playstyle, plus your brain is still ocupied keeping all the other characters strategies in your memory. You're not gonna be godlike with every character you pick overnight, even if it sounds desirable. Its not going to happen. Not over a few hours in the lab and kasual matches, depending on the character you're learning anyways. So just eliminate that expectation so you don't set yourself up to feel like you're trash, because I'm sure you're not.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
Jaqui is amazingly easy. Just make sure you to know her framedate a little better. I picked her a day ago and noticed how rushdown heavy this character is. But don't forget... picking a toptier doesn't instantly make you a better player or doesn't guarantee wins. Though in MK11 it makes things amazingly easier.

kostikla

Noob
Made a swap to Jacqui to get away from Scorpion and Sonya and Geras, but man is it rough. Her normals feel so stubby and not as forward advancing as I am used to on the other two characters I mentioned, not to mention getting in on a zoner feels so rough. Watching pros play her, they threaten B2 and dash punch so effectively. As a character, she just makes me think a lot more than the other two I had been playing. It makes me feel like once you have good fundamentals, she is a monster.

tldr: Jacqui makes me use my brain and its a lesson in being humble learning her currently.
Same thing I got here with Baraka. And I think it's even worse than with your Jacqui, since I've played a bit of Jacqui as well. It's super hard not to be rushing and choose your options wisely, and taking your turn

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
I've played Jacqui since the first week that the game came out, mainly out of spite due to unwarranted community hatred of the character. I found that she fit my rush down style perfectly! Jacqui really is all about mixing up mids and throws. Once she is in, ducking without blocking is not really a good option unless your opponents are godlike at reads. You have lots of ways to get close to the opponent and stay on them. Use the dash punch carefully to close the distance and use f+3,1 or f+2,2 to get in and punish crouching opponents that are baiting throws.

Once trained, you can force them to block so now throwing is on the table. Set up some oki after a knock down with a quick nuetral jump+1 on the way down into b+3,2 into whatever you can combo into if they are cornered. Mix up b+1 with the previous set up. Watch out for quick d+2's while employing this mix up!

Most of all, have fun watching all the quitalities you will see!

azeth123

We don't talk about Fiji
I've played Jacqui since the first week that the game came out, mainly out of spite due to unwarranted community hatred of the character. I found that she fit my rush down style perfectly! Jacqui really is all about mixing up mids and throws. Once she is in, ducking without blocking is not really a good option unless your opponents are godlike at reads. You have lots of ways to get close to the opponent and stay on them. Use the dash punch carefully to close the distance and use f+3,1 or f+2,2 to get in and punish crouching opponents that are baiting throws.

Once trained, you can force them to block so now throwing is on the table. Set up some oki after a knock down with a quick nuetral jump+1 on the way down into b+3,2 into whatever you can combo into if they are cornered. Mix up b+1 with the previous set up. Watch out for quick d+2's while employing this mix up!

Most of all, have fun watching all the quitalities you will see!
Also its important to finish the F31 string with F3141+3, catches opponents looking for F31 cancels and you can begin to F31 stagger as well as mix in cancels to force your will. It also helps F31 is prolly the easiest string to hit confirm out of besides maybe Errons F32 string.

People really start guessing themselves when they get staggered by F31 into another F31.