What's new

Player 1 has host advantage

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
Whoa someone is salty. roflmao.

Now seriously, I wasn't crying, man. Just stating the obvious. A fighting game that has no trade is pathetic as it is already. I wonder why we took so long to discover about this player 1 advantage shit... Because if you stop to think about it, if there's no trade in this game wtf happens when both players do a move with the same exactly frames? Right? This is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge for characters such as Johnny Cage.

I don't like it. I don't like input bug. I don't like the fact that there is no double KO in this game. I don't like screen scenarios been different in size. I don't like unscapeable resets like Cyrax's or Jax's. I don't like the fact they removed SZ reset. I don't like a shitload of things about this game. And guess what? I'm going to keep playing this game because I still love it. Maybe because it's the only fighting game that I play very competitively. Maybe because of some sadistic unknown reason. Who knows? :)
well if your plan is to continue playing it then why do you also continue to complain about something that you cant fix? lets just assume the world really is gonna end in dec this year (lmao). is complaining about it going to change it? no. youre just wasting your time. there are things you have to accept, and complaining about them changes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. if its too much for you then stop playing. and something like this is minor, the likelyhood that two attacks will happen at the same time is extremely rare. and from what tests people have done on it, it doesnt even seem like its a guarantee. JC (P1) vs Kits (P2) pokes that are the same frames, JC wasnt winning every single time according to some people that have been testing it. stop crying, stop bringing this up, and play the damn game.

aj1701

Noob
I'd like just to point out that if you check streams or video footage of other fighting games, then you'll see that trades happen more often than you'd think.
Since you're not seeing exactly when the move becomes active, this is just eyeballing it, and its really easy to think something is a trade when its not. You'd have to watch frame by frame, and you really need to have that feature in training that makes the hurtbox glow red when it becomes active to really know this.

BT-joe

green is good
i had swore that i would never quit mk but.....its things like this that make me think otherwise. i mean whats the point of having player one adv its BS but for now im sticking with it hoping NRS does something about it or just make mk10 period.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I'm just thinking, if the game gave random priority either in the beginning of the round or every 10 frames to 1 player, wouldn't this bring more randomness to the game (which would be worse than knowing one player has the advantage)? I think it would've been better to give priority randomly priority in the beginning of first round, the swap in the second round, but notice in some way which player has it. Or leave it as is to not overcomplicate things.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Im going to say this once and only once. To balance cyrax just make the damage prorate. Make it one LONG combo. It will still do insane damage just wont kill unless u have full meter.

Cyrax is an all or nothing character. Thats what they do. Build meter and do one combo and win. W/o it they loose

The End
Cyrax is still a really good character without meter, he doesn't need meter to win lol. He actually has meterless resets now, but he really doesn't even need any resets at all IMO he is good without them

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Why are so many hating on it? It's the most consistent thing in MK9 (if there's anything as consistent please tell me). If the advantage were random, or shifting every 10 seconds, wouldn't it be a more random and unworthy of tournament play game? Given the fact that there are no trades in MK9, I think it's a wise decision. At least it's consistent. We have people like JOP and PL complaining about things they don't understand, yet this is clear how it works and, still, there are complainers (haters is a better word, since they're hatin' just cause they can). So, it's consistent, it's balanced and it's tournament good.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
The only 2 MU's that are really a bitch to play when you are player 2 is Johnny Cage, and Kabal. Other than that, it doesn't bother me at all.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Prinz....

For the last time, PL NEVER complained about P1, he just asked to switch sides after he lost a set. It was Triforce who blew the whole thing out of proportion.

I don't understand how people don't get this yet that it wasn't him.

Regardless, it's hated on because it doesn't belong in a fighting game, there shouldn't be an advantage to ANY side. Trades in fighting games are a good thing and something like this shouldn't be promoted. Sure it's consistent and we adjust to it, still doesn't make it right.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yes, the advantage should switch back and forth to each player randomly at a specified time interval during the match rather than 1 player winning all same frame trades every single time.

I'm just thinking, if the game gave random priority either in the beginning of the round or every 10 frames to 1 player, wouldn't this bring more randomness to the game (which would be worse than knowing one player has the advantage)? I think it would've been better to give priority randomly priority in the beginning of first round, the swap in the second round, but notice in some way which player has it. Or leave it as is to not overcomplicate things.
It would probably be better if they clashed like in sf.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
It would probably be better if they clashed like in sf.
Yes, but this is MK. Here damage is done with blood, regardless of block, regardless of clash. In MK any hit is lethal. There must be only one champion. In this case, P1 is stronger by default. So P2, don't sit on your butt cause yo will get killed.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
How is random advantage better for competitive play?
It is better for competitive play because 1 player is not always given a distinct advantage... I honestly don't think I need to keep explaining this. It balances things out better for both players compared to how it is now. Regardless I don't think it is a huge deal to begin with, but this way would make it more fair. IE, every 10 seconds the hit trade advantage swaps, and starts out each round randomly so it isn't possible to really know who is at advantage.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
It is better for competitive play because 1 player is not always given a distinct advantage... I honestly don't think I need to keep explaining this. It balances things out better for both players compared to how it is now. Regardless I don't think it is a huge deal to begin with, but this way would make it more fair. IE, every 10 seconds the hit trade advantage swaps, and starts out each round randomly so it isn't possible to really know who is at advantage.
So if you lose because of random advantage you'll feel better than if you lose because you know you should've picked P1, jumped less or armored out of pressure instead of poking?