What's new

Play someone else.

ZigZagGamer

The Janitor.
Is it just me do other Reptile players find everytime they pick reptile the opponent waits and then immediately picks sub zero just to Ice clone the shit out of me.

I'm sick of players who wait so they can anti your character, it happens all the time and if i quickly change my character to smoke they decide they don't want to play SZ.
90% of the time i choose Reptile it seems that they go for SZ is this because any other character gets flattened by me when i'm reptile.

***THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT REPTILES DASH OKAY?***

It's about the fact people counter pick because they are desperate to win at any cost whether or not it actually makes them win or not in the end.

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Yea, I'm not surprised. I know a handful of people who hate fighting Reptile with a passion. I'd say it's because of his dash as their main source of dread, then the forceballs.

It makes their life easier when they have a clone 99.9% of the time.

ZigZagGamer

The Janitor.
Yea, I'm not surprised. I know a handful of people who hate fighting Reptile with a passion. I'd say it's because of his dash as their main source of dread, then the forceballs.

It makes their life easier when they have a clone 99.9% of the time.
I very very rarely lose when using reptile but now everyone's using sub so he's unplayable because most avarage sub players can beat me because of the clone, i fall for it everytime :'( xD

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Spletty ChrispyCream7 xFriction_Burnx

These guys know how I do.

I'm not even gonna lie, if I know I'm facing a solid Reptile, I'm going Sub every time.
I CAN fare decently against him with Cyrax, but it's just a much more comfortable matchup for me, online or offline, doesn't really matter. Reptile still has the sliiiiiiight advantage, but Sub can still at least dictate the pace in that a good Reptile won't go Dash happy on me and I can still sort of take my time, at least more so than if I was playing as Cyrax or Ermac.

But it only lasts for so long before they stop Dashing and start pelting me with projectiles and undermining my Clones.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Yeah but i assume you are a SZ player anyway?
I'm talking about those who are using SZ simply because i play reptile >.<
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, okay, I see now, my friend.
Yeah, people have a tendency of thinking the Clone is gonna save them single-handedly in that fight, until they find themselves trying to jump between Force Balls, Acid Spits, and D4-Acid Hand shenanigans when the Reptile player realizes he doesn't have to Dash to get his way.

ZigZagGamer

The Janitor.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, okay, I see now, my friend.
Yeah, people have a tendency of thinking the Clone is gonna save them single-handedly in that fight, until they find themselves trying to jump between Force Balls, Acid Spits, and D4-Acid Hand shenanigans when the Reptile player realizes he doesn't have to Dash to get his way.
Yeah it's sad for them after a while when they think it wins them the fight.
I love it when they stand behind their clone not blocking... silly move.

Espio

Kokomo
I can see why they do it, but it seems like most of the players out there now are too afraid to play reptile without using SZ.
They just might be lol. I mean dash can make anybody salty online, but I wouldn't pick Sub-Zero just because I don't play him enough and I don't like counterpicking people, especially when matches don't even matter like that. It's just easier to not have to deal with drama haha.

I play it with Stryker, Sheeva, and Jade....it is not pretty ;_; lol.

ZigZagGamer

The Janitor.
They just might be lol. I mean dash can make anybody salty online, but I wouldn't pick Sub-Zero just because I don't play him enough and I don't like counterpicking people, especially when matches don't even matter like that. It's just easier to not have to deal with drama haha.
The dash is a weapon of mass destruction in fairness but i used to main the hell out of sub and if someone picked reptile i wouldn't pick SZ to anti them, the main point of all this is most the time i play online people wait to pick a anti character rather than play me with the character they actually enjoy using, i guess winning is more important to some kids than a good fight >.<

Hobozzzx

Up the Irons!!!
I laugh at these players in their faces because they think they are counterpicking, when they have no idea that Reptile wins this Mu if he is full screen. So please clone all you want, I'm going to be throwing projectiles all day until you get hit by one and I get my combo because you don't know when to throw iceballs.
This.

Generally when I play a Reptile player online I'll pick Subby for the first match just to see how they're gonna play. If they decide to dash the whole match, they get destroyed and I stuck with Sub while fighting them.

But if they are actually good with reptile, I suffer through the forceballs then switch back to cyrax for the remainder of our games.

ZigZagGamer

The Janitor.
This.

Generally when I play a Reptile player online I'll pick Subby for the first match just to see how they're gonna play. If they decide to dash the whole match, they get destroyed and I stuck with Sub while fighting them.

But if they are actually good with reptile, I suffer through the forceballs then switch back to cyrax for the remainder of our games.
If you play Cyrax though i'll switch to smoke and just tele punch past those nets all day ;)

NKZero

Noob
I very very rarely lose when using reptile but now everyone's using sub so he's unplayable because most avarage sub players can beat me because of the clone, i fall for it everytime :'( xD
Just zone him out. Reptile can play the lame game in this MU. Be too aggressive and you'll get blown up. Just be careful not to trade force balls with ice ball. Mix in your zoning with spit which wins the ice ball trade but because spit recovery is pretty bad you can still get caught. That's how I play this MU as Reptile and I always force Sub to come towards me, which obviously allows me then to use elbow dash etc.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
YOu have a slide that has armor

Learn how to adapt?
Once Temjiin figured out how to zone and then bait stuff... it was very hard for me to ever beat his Reptile. SZ is far from a Counter Pick to Reptile.