What's new

PLAY(N)TRADE, Cali - MKvsDC Tournament - Results (Now with pictures!)

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
This is an old tournament, but its never to late to post. I also want to get the front page started, so its just a test post. :D

GG's to all the contestants!

Plus and negatives of the tournament.

It might have not been as many players as I expected, and most players didn't show up at the end, including shoryuken for some reason. But it was very very fun, you just had to be there. And besides, 12 contestants is not bad at all.

We had 4 TV set ups, although we only used one, the others were used for casuals, so everybody was entertained. The downside to the TV's was "Lag". Unfortunately, you figure you come to an offline tournament to avoid this, but nevertheless, HDTV is always a problem. Too much input delay, I know a couple of us had lag trouble with that, I couldn't even hit Raidens pro move teleport, which is basically my B&B.

Also, someone must have took a dual shock remote, because we had a remote missing, along with a USB cord. So if you took it, please return it or burn in hell! :secruity:

And finally, thank you very much for showing up. Mad props to Kabezone for taking first, im sorry it was only a gift card, unfortunately, some of the people who were supposed to show up, didn't. I expected that to happen, since its usually a problem in all tournaments.

---------------
1.KabeZone
2.Ownage
3.Krayzie Bone
4.DarkHood88
5.GunzaBlaze
6.Tek Ressurected
---------------

^ This is from the top of my head, im not sure if its correct. I will update this later.

Shout outs go to DarkHood88, it was nice to meet you dude, thanks for showing up. Same to Tek Ressurected, you had a very nice Liu Kang, and of course Gunz, thank you for supporting the event along with Wonder_Chef and LuLu smacks!

LuLu Smacks! thanks for handling the stream.

Ownage and KabeZone, good job. Decent turnout and fun as hell!

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Ok, so I know this is late, but I found my camera with all of the pictures. Not sure what that little squiggly in the middle is:

Krayzie Bone directing the tournament:

Gunzablaze laying the beatdown on some noob (Probably me):

Competitors watching the match being streamed:

Gunz actually destroying me (god my hair was awful):

The store where it was held, including the back of Darkhood88's head!:

More games!:

Looking at these pictures reminds me of everytime i go to Infusions house. Its truly sad we all couldnt experience this game offline like it was meant to be.

really, and im REALLY good shit, chef/bone everyone else

Tim Static

Adminerator

2 things:

1. I'm telling Kobe about your Heat sweatshirt
2. they wear sweathshirts in Cali? what was it? 75 degrees outside? lol :coffee:

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Oh damn, I forgot Zero went.

2 things:

1. I'm telling Kobe about your Heat sweatshirt
2. they wear sweathshirts in Cali? what was it? 75 degrees outside? lol :coffee:
It was in the morning if I remember correctly.

And it was a gift dammit! lol

Ok, so I know this is late, but I found my camera with all of the pictures. Not sure what that little squiggly in the middle is:

Krayzie Bone directing the tournament:
WoW you're a faker? If someone were to give you a Boston sweater u'd wear it? wow:rant2:

RoGE

Noob
The matches were archived on the stream (link bone?) but it doesn't really mean much, they had some HDTV lag issues so some of the pro moves were messed up and stuff like that.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Did you guys record any of the matches?
Unfortunately, the better games werent recorded. I was doing commentary at the beggining, but I lost interest after I realized that we had no space to record all of the matches...

There are some videos, but not the best. I wanted to host another tournament, but have better lagless TV's and a better overall tournament.

It was fun for what it was, but as you can see in the video, the more technical pro moves in the game were impossible to pull off due to the lag on the screens. I was pretty upset about that, and even more after I remembered Darkhood had a TV in his car. There was lag problems at that P(N)T for an online SSFIV tournament that went on there, but I figured it was online lag. I was wrong...

The matches were archived on the stream (link bone?) but it doesn't really mean much, they had some HDTV lag issues so some of the pro moves were messed up and stuff like that.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2473723

AC1984

Kaballin!
I watched half of them and most of them are very good...the camera quality looks little bit bad but its ok...

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I watched half of them and most of them are very good...the camera quality looks little bit bad but its ok...
Yeah, besides all the bs technical problems, it was a fun event.

I would definitely do it again, but add some UMK3 this time.