What's new

Guide - Hish-Qu-Ten Plasma Caster Cancel block advantage

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
At first it May have been an accident but Interesting enough quite a few characters were an still are only good due to their run cancel ability. For example Swarm queen dvorah would‘ve been ass without it. And they even made ruthless ferratorr a rc character on purpose in a later patch by making his pain and gain Special run cancable.
alls i know is i hope kabal makes a return in mk11 with his cancels intact in some way shape or form.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I guess that would explain why there was zero mention of it in reveal streams or in-game tutorial.

But then what was the plan for the mechanic in terms of character design? Is there much purpose of special-canceling outside linking strings?

I didn't play them much, but could A-List or Hell fire (etc.) do anything useful by simply dash-canceling instead of run-canceling?

ChaosTheory

That's nonsense dude, they just gave A-List a bunch of cancellable specials and normals so he could dash cancel in your face? Cmon'
Yeah. I know some strings combo after a full dash animation, like Scorpion's s3~FBDC into s2. But it's the exception not the rule.

Still odd that it's not explained. Instead you have to hope for a Somberness-type to figure it out and post it.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Yeah. I know some strings combo after a full dash animation, like Scorpion's s3~FBDC into s2. But it's the exception not the rule.

Still odd that it's not explained. Instead you have to hope for a Somberness-type to figure it out and post it.
Well I mean it's not exactly a super difficult concept. I'm sure they just assumed that players would put 2 + 2 together and realise if you can dash cancel a special and you can run from dashing, that you'd be able to run cancel from a special.

Like you said, it is a little odd that this isn't touched on in tutuorials or anything but I'd be willing to bet money on them knowing about it.

ChaosTheory

Well I mean it's not exactly a super difficult concept. I'm sure they just assumed that players would put 2 + 2 together and realise if you can dash cancel a special and you can run from dashing, that you'd be able to run cancel from a special.

Like you said, it is a little odd that this isn't touched on in tutuorials or anything but I'd be willing to bet money on them knowing about it.
Sure. I don't doubt at all that it's intentional. Seems like it should be in the tutorial because it's not like it's only Kabal in MK9. This is a broad concept for MKX. But whatever. I agree, most can put 2 & 2 together.

The (potential) frame data is more what I'd like to have. Maybe even an indicator at least in practice mode? Could be unrealistic or too greedy, but I'd appreciate it personally.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.

I don't see the advantage in a good chunk of the RC chars if they weren't designed to RC.

Like I was never a super dedicated MKX player but I don't see what advantage, say, DF Liu Kang would've had if he wasn't made to RC his fireballs

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I don't see the advantage in a good chunk of the RC chars if they weren't designed to RC.

Like I was never a super dedicated MKX player but I don't see what advantage, say, DF Liu Kang would've had if he wasn't made to RC his fireballs
Same with swarm queen dvorah, without rc‘s I don‘t know why you ever want to play that Variation. Hellfire wouldn‘t be that great either. It‘s not an Addition to their gameplan, it IS their gameplan

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Sure. I don't doubt at all that it's intentional. Seems like it should be in the tutorial because it's not like it's only Kabal in MK9. This is a broad concept for MKX. But whatever. I agree, most can put 2 & 2 together.

The (potential) frame data is more what I'd like to have. Maybe even an indicator at least in practice mode? Could be unrealistic or too greedy, but I'd appreciate it personally.
Well it‘s not that hard to test the Frame data luckily but I get where you‘re coming from. Even Though I wasn‘t a complete beginner when starting mkx I first heard about run canceling to abuse plus frames when I tried out dvorah and came to this site, not because I figured it out myself or the game told me about it and I knew about dash cancels since mk9