What's new

Match Footage Pig vs Reo round2? Kenshi vs Kabal redux

Vothsair

Noob
Kenshi can reflect all IaGB and combo it and zoning kenshi puts kabal in the corner

Kabal has to integrate both types into the MU

U can't strictly zone kenshi even w kabal
Wouldn't that leave you guessing on him dashing, saw, or gas? I mean he can mix gas with dash or saw.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Wouldn't that leave you guessing on him dashing, saw, or gas?
This happened sometimes in the video above

Crouching takes care of two of these and if I see a dash I can Sc or ex sc

Saw is a free jump full screen away and IaGB gets reflected and allows me in

Even if I choose not reflect I get a free dash in d3 to move in and evade

Kabal has EVERY pressure option available on kenshi hitbox so I have to sit there and wait for 1 -5 frame windows and that's all I get

Pig Of The Hut

Wouldn't that leave you guessing on him dashing, saw, or gas? I mean he can mix gas with dash or saw.
To summerize:

Id rather worry about a dash, saw or IAGB i have most answers for than when he's on me worry about

b1
b12
b1 ex parry
b12 ex parry
b1 saw
b1 overhead
f4 1+2
f4 saw
f4 overhead
11 saw
1 saw
2 ndc
2 overhead
2 saw
throw
jump over get blown up on mis read
f3 ndc
f32 ndc
f3 saw
f3 saw
f3 ex parry
50/50 safe-ish options that all lead to FTs
b2 saw
b2 overhead
f32 step back IAGB
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc
lmao

Vothsair

Noob
To summerize:

Id rather worry about a dash, saw or IAGB i have most answers for than when he's on me worry about

b1
b12
b1 ex parry
b12 ex parry
b1 saw
b1 overhead
f4 1+2
f4 saw
f4 overhead
11 saw
1 saw
2 ndc
2 overhead
2 saw
throw
jump over get blown up on mis read
f3 ndc
f32 ndc
f3 saw
f3 saw
f3 ex parry
50/50 safe-ish options that all lead to FTs
b2 saw
b2 overhead
f32 step back IAGB
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc
lmao
fair enough lols. i'm just saying more zoning will throw you off. he threw like 4 saws at you at one point some full screen and you blocked or got hit. you played really well tho. ill give you +1. making that kabal look free lololol.

Pig Of The Hut

Not taking anything away from ya pig, but I'm guessing this is online? Look at all of the combos he dropped. 3-7 Kabal
Whose to say i didnt miss interruptions and reflects?

ill ask reo about his side cause on mine it felt awesome. When it feels shitty im not able to footsie in a f32 under an iagb, you should try that. Its so f ing hard to time right

Pig Of The Hut

fair enough lols. i'm just saying more zoning will throw you off. he threw like 4 saws at you at one point some full screen and you blocked or got hit. you played really well tho. ill give you +1. making that kabal look free lololol.
free? No way lol

reo owns me

I think people worry about blocked saws too much, it's like 2% chip so ill give that up anyday

Vothsair

Noob
free? No way lol

reo owns me

I think people worry about blocked saws too much, it's like 2% chip so ill give that up anyday
haha i'm just teasing for when reo reads :p saws are good. 2% with a chance to hit. you dodged like 1 that entire series and couldn't really trade with them effectively. blocked or ate the rest. not that blocking wasn't smart because guessing wrong and jumping could be comboed. good players got that patience.

finally someone from MK buys a capture card xD

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Whose to say i didnt miss interruptions and reflects?

ill ask reo about his side cause on mine it felt awesome. When it feels shitty im not able to footsie in a f32 under an iagb, you should try that. Its so f ing hard to time right
I'm just sayin with all the discredit online receives, it's hard to reference online matches and be taken seriously. Whether or not there was lag you looked on point, but reo was just jumping around and doing un confirmed 111 strings lol.

I've just learned the only way to avoid getting blown up is to focus on tourney results and money matches. I'd love to see this played offline somewhere with a similar outcome.

Pig Of The Hut

I'm just sayin with all the discredit online receives, it's hard to reference online matches and be taken seriously. Whether or not there was lag you looked on point, but reo was just jumping around and doing un confirmed 111 strings lol.

I've just learned the only way to avoid getting blown up is to focus on tourney results and money matches. I'd love to see this played offline somewhere with a similar outcome.
we ran it at dallas and it was back and forth till he pulled away 7-4

point out the differences

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
7-3 Kabal

Pig just makes Kenshi look good, it's Pig getting the wins more than it is Kenshi getting the wins. I still think Kabal rapes Kenshi

Lulzlou

Noob
7-3 kabal - roof top day
I have to play the match a bit differently on the pitt because of how small it is.

The stages are what makes this match go up and down imo.

4x4lo8o

Noob
What happened at 16:55 with those reflected gas blasts? It looked like 1 reflect sent back 2 gas blasts. I know reflect does that with some projectiles(Cage's ex-forceball), does it happen often with iagb?

Obs_SmSwag

we ran it at dallas and it was back and forth till he pulled away 7-4

point out the differences
I'll point out some of the things I noticed if you can honestly tell me that Reo looked even 90% on point in the online video.

I mean, you obviously know the match-up and played very well, but at the same time you gotta agree that you're more accustomed to online than Reo is.

Pig Of The Hut

What happened at 16:55 with those reflected gas blasts? It looked like 1 reflect sent back 2 gas blasts. I know reflect does that with some projectiles(Cage's ex-forceball), does it happen often with iagb?
If u reflect an IAgb at a certain height it doesn't fully register and reflect but if its followed by another one at same height the second one can be blocked and it'll reflect for free

I call this poetic justice cause the first should have reflected

Pig Of The Hut

I'll point out some of the things I noticed if you can honestly tell me that Reo looked even 90% on point in the online video.

I mean, you obviously know the match-up and played very well, but at the same time you gotta agree that you're more accustomed to online than Reo is.
Where have u been? Reo is always online

Point some stuff out

Obs_SmSwag

Where have u been? Reo is always online

Point some stuff out
offline: 1-2 dropped combos, 3-4 missed combo confirmations, jump kick gas blast to bait armor mid-screen and on cross-up, 111 used 2-3 times only. More respect of ex rising karma during his pressure strings and on cross-up

Online: Too many dropped combos to count, very few hit confirms, excessive cross-ups into 111, terrible instant air gas blasts half the time. Terrible gas blasts half the time so he decided to do several full screen yolo Nomad dashes.

I hope you don't think i'm trying to blow you up, I just can't believe that you think this is optimal Kabal play from Reo.

Pig Of The Hut

offline: 1-2 dropped combos, 3-4 missed combo confirmations, jump kick gas blast to bait armor mid-screen and on cross-up, 111 used 2-3 times only. More respect of ex rising karma during his pressure strings and on cross-up

Online: Too many dropped combos to count, very few hit confirms, excessive cross-ups into 111, terrible instant air gas blasts half the time. Terrible gas blasts half the time so he decided to do several full screen yolo Nomad dashes.

I hope you don't think i'm trying to blow you up, I just can't believe that you think this is optimal Kabal play from Reo.
i know i know but what im saying is online effects both players equally and its not like he just started playing online - he plays a lot online

Obs_SmSwag

i know i know but what im saying is online effects both players equally and its not like he just started playing online - he plays a lot online
Yeah I feel you man, which is why I believe that the "Online means nothing" argument gets into a whole grey area. Good shit