What's new

Match Footage Pig vs Reo round2? Kenshi vs Kabal redux

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Here's a short series REO and I did last night taking what we learned from our last encounter in Dallas and applying what we learned into this set

Notice the footsies reo plays mid screen w the cancels and his awesome usage of 2ndc b1 ex parry b12 50/50 mix up. He's doing this cause early on I show ill stop every b12. This adds new depth to the match.

Also I try working on my f32 lowering my hit box stray

Extremely intense matches that I feel showcase the MU even more

3-7?
4-6?
5-5?

I wanna talk w reo more about this cause I've heard everything from 2-8 kabal favor to 6-4 kenshi favor

Apologies to reo I didn't record our earlier matches but they are in my stream archive last night. The earlier matches were NOT kabal Kenshi. They were Lao Sonya sektor kenshi Mileena ermac Lou kanG

Very random earlier games but I want to record REo's Lao next to showcase his unique "bird Lao" it's so ridiculous it works

Enjoy

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Having no experience playing either character at a high level, I deduce this MU to be 6-4 Kabal.

ryublaze

Noob
I find it funny that some people say that online means nothing for MUs lol. These were awesome matches btw. Reo's Kabal is so fun to watch and that toasty boost at the end o.o. I can't wait to see dat Bird Lao :confused:.

Pig Of The Hut

Yea I forgot about the toasty at the end :) actually redirected momentum going into second round

CURBOLICOUS this is exactly how he played me in tourney at Raleigh and Dallas but this was much harder cause we took what we learned and applied
He wasn't ex parrying his b1 to prevent interruptions before he did it a couple times here

Also bird Lao is legend - we'll record soon some bird Lao

Foxy is close but still off . It's more than that but foxy is 100% right about u can't NJp lao

Pig Of The Hut

I find it funny that some people say that online means nothing for MUs lol. These were awesome matches btw. Reo's Kabal is so fun to watch and that toasty boost at the end o.o. I can't wait to see dat Bird Lao :confused:.
Man I agree

We both were playing for real and every aspect of this MU was pretty much showcased

I had 2 minor lag mid inputs that had no baring on the outcome. But it was probably more input but than online lag

Reo and I have an amazing near perfect connection last night and recently

Haters can hate

Pig Of The Hut

Can you armor it if Kabal doesn't cancel the ND after the B1?
Any character can Armor out of:
B1 *HERE 2
f32ndc into another cancel but stupid to use EX RK cause it whiffs if he jumps over
f4 *Here* 1+2 string
any string into overhead ender before the overhead ender

You can poke out of 111 when NOT started with a JIP
You can poke out of 2ndc in unjailed situations and when jailed let 2ndc hit you and if he repeats 2ndc you are free to poke but high hitboxes have to be wary of 2ndc b12 options

B12 is an extremely nice window of opportunity but takes practice.

Pig Of The Hut

One other thing i want to point out

ENDING combos w overhead and going into f32

f32 <---- OTGs and you can then surprise your opponent w mix ups and options

As you can see i think at 9:10 i hit reo w it

Skitzo

Noob
I've also noticed that since REO has used 4xxsaws as a spacing/footsie tool against characters, he should apply it here. 4 doesn't whiff on crouch block on Kenshi like against everyone else(I know, shocker). It's a 9f move so after almost any ndc, he can get this off.

The use of b1EXndc didn't seem to help, it got blown up at 11:46 & 5:38
But when he did b12EXndc, the follow up 2ndc negated Kenshi's armor/EX RK at 6:12

This is probably my favorite match up in the game besides Freddy & Kang

Vothsair

Noob
Good games. Curious to hear REO's thoughts.

6-4 maybe 7-3. Imo REO was playing this a little wrong. He was so focused on rushing you down at first. He began adapting near the end. Kabal can zone Kenshi, would have liked to see Reo make you come to him. I'd love to see a first to 15. Adaption was happening from both sides but 5 games is too little.

Pig Of The Hut

I've also noticed that since REO has used 4xxsaws as a spacing/footsie tool against characters, he should apply it here. 4 doesn't whiff on crouch block on Kenshi like against everyone else(I know, shocker). It's a 9f move so after almost any ndc, he can get this off.

The use of b1EXndc didn't seem to help, it got blown up at 11:46 & 5:38
But when he did b12EXndc, the follow up 2ndc negated Kenshi's armor/EX RK at 6:12

This is probably my favorite match up in the game besides Freddy & Kang
You're right

Good stuff, it was that that he did to negate the armor

Pig Of The Hut

Good games. Curious to hear REO's thoughts.

6-4 maybe 7-3. Imo REO was playing this a little wrong. He was so focused on rushing you down at first. He began adapting near the end. Kabal can zone Kenshi, would have liked to see Reo make you come to him. I'd love to see a first to 15. Adaption was happening from both sides but 5 games is too little.
Kenshi can reflect all IaGB and combo it and zoning kenshi puts kabal in the corner

Kabal has to integrate both types into the MU

U can't strictly zone kenshi even w kabal