What's new

Match Footage Pig of the Hut Vs KH CAT Final Round

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
honestly though id have dodged a tourny for that ice cream
for realz though you are both excellent players , you both know each other are excellent players , hype was created , lets leave it at that gg's

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
You are right, we're not going to automatically do well because we have some pre-release advantage. That's not what we think. Everyone will catch up very quickly. We plan to do well because we're a true team, that trains hard. Just like we are in MK. Except this time we'll be together at the beginning.
Exactly how I feel. We were not together from the beginning. Not till like a 8 or 9 months ago did we all get together. Scar has not been training with us for a year yet. And royale just started like 4? Months ago and he bodied smargasm at final round. Before he use to be so bad.and he trains hard and has been leveling up.

Now we are a strong group and have our meet up place with our stream set up.
And with the job I have now. More free time for casuals.

B Pryme

Noob
I give cat hella props on his good play! Although I think it's obvious how good pig is that we hyped up a kabal player of all lol, and truly shows us how good pig is.

zaf

professor
Exactly how I feel. We were not together from the beginning. Not till like a 8 or 9 months ago did we all get together. Scar has not been training with us for a year yet. And royale just started like 4? Months ago and he bodied smargasm at final round. Before he use to be so bad.and he trains hard and has been leveling up.

Now we are a strong group and have our meet up place with our stream set up.
And with the job I have now. More free time for casuals.
Mtl has some injustice testers. Im sure bit knows who snafoo is. So we have an advantage. Not only that but we have the best SF players in canada.

I dont think team gga has a chance with team mtl around. We will be large in numbers.

I am glad cat won not because I wanted pig to lose but too make all those haters shut up in that thread where they just ganged up on cat because they wanted pig to win. its okay to want your favorite player to win but there was really no reason to do what they did.

Good shit cat, I look forward to the runback with pig.

Cat

Mtl has some injustice testers. Im sure bit knows who snafoo is. So we have an advantage. Not only that but we have the best SF players in canada.

I dont think team gga has a chance with team mtl around. We will be large in numbers.
Canada pls..... Lol

zaf

professor
Canada pls..... Lol
Look up chi-rithy. Look at how many times he has beaten Dieminion now.
At the last toryuken, SFae2012, top 3 was all montreal.

Snafoo beat wolfcrone, and jwong.
chi-rithy beat j wong and dieminion.
vesna got third, but im not sure who he used.

You would be surprised as the level of fundamentals our SF scene has. It has also been around since the arcade days.

Dont underestimate our players in all games. Im not saying that Jer and I are going to be bodying people left and right in injustice. Im telling you to watch out for our SF players.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r
I know that feel bro. I promised my GF a nice dinner after the event and I can not break my word. Glad to have you out in ATL. Sad we only got like 1 or 2 casual matches in though.

iTz the Badger

6th Best Bane in Idaho
This is a good rivalry. With ones like Pl and Reo, there seems to be a lot of animosity but I approve the Pig vs Cat hype, all from a spectators point of view.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
good shit cat. Well played. I still cant sleep at night from Raleigh when you beat me so next time, lets not let the chance to play casuals pas us by.

Reactions: Cat
D

Deleted member 9158

He had pig looking completely lost towards the end, good stuff!

Cat

Cat good shit. You proved everyone, including myself, to be wrong.
Thanks man. Looking at the match I made a lot of great reads.
My first note was to grabs lot, this is because I looked at footage of pig and notice how good his defense is vs kabal and how he likes to interrupt with armor in between pressure. So instead of doing dash cancel pressure after a reset. I grabbed. And it worked.

Also decided to end my pressure early with overheads and saws in order to prevent poke outs.

After a 2ndc I notced pig liked interrupting so I baited the armor in order to have him lose meter.

Punishing them jumps. I noticed a lot of jumps that pig got away with vs Detroit. And it's mostly because ppl are very defense in waiting for a soul charge.
This was especially effective when I had pig in the corner. And I knew a jump out was coming.

Doing parry after a blocked Kenshi stream was also something I worked on. Since players like to use armor after since he is at 0.