What's new

Question Picking up Batgirl, help?

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Just bought Batgirl, and it's time for some training. I learn really well from YouTube vids, so if you guys can save me time from browsing for the best instructionals/combo videos, could I get some recommendations?

Any tips for a complete Batgirl noob is welcome also.

E

Eldriken

Pretty much picked that up from playing online, hahah. Just messing around in the lab for the 5 minutes I have played her, cartwheel is boss.
Don't spam db2 on wakeup against a Doomsday player with at least one bar of meter. Thanks to the patch today, Doomsday blows that shit up. Pre-patch, the db2 wakeup would beat MB Venom every single time.

But I picked up Batgirl a few days ago and I'm enjoying her quite well. I don't have any majorly good combos or anything, but I've got the resets down pretty well. Just gotta reset 'em for days if you're doing low damage resets, which is fine by me. It pisses 'em off more when you do that. :p

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Learn her corner game, master her vortex, understand every mix-up she has. Don't be in the habit of always waking up with cartwheel and be sure to only use smoke bomb wisely.

Perdition

I am about 80 games into Batgirl and its hard for me to want to pick anyone else. So many mixups, such a small hitbox, and tools that just amplify my style of play. Found my official main for the remainder of this games life. People get so damn salty against my Batgirl...I love it so much. Especially considering I haven't even reached half of my potential with her. Taking a patient approach with her and reading(and reacting) to your opponents movements will drive someone absolutely mad trying to balance blocking and offense against Batgirl.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Sorry to take your thread, man, but I'm in a situation with batgirl. In the lab and against AI I do perfect with everything forever, but the moment you put me up against someone, I can't link B12 into D2 for my life. How do I break this shockingly low glass ceiling with Babsgirl?

Sorry to take your thread, man, but I'm in a situation with batgirl. In the lab and against AI I do perfect with everything forever, but the moment you put me up against someone, I can't link B12 into D2 for my life. How do I break this shockingly low glass ceiling with Babsgirl?
Wait about half a second/a second between inputs.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
b12, wait till your front foot is placed on the ground again, d2~bf1, j2, 111

Just wait till her front foot has hit the ground. Even in lag it should provide you with enough time either side to get the input out.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Thanks for all that, but it was just an example. it was more or less I pretty much completely forget how to play, citing the B12 into D2 as an example. But at least I now know why I drop that a lot!

How to play Batgirl?

Vortex.

The opponent can theoretically guess wrong several times in a row and lose their whole lifebar. So yeah.

Perdition

They only need to guess wrong twice.

27(guess wrong once) +34(guess wrong twice) +40 > 100% life bar gone.
Which is why I love her. She's like Injustice's Quan Chi. I play her with the same "pick em apart" style as I did with Quan Chi. She sucks if people play her impatiently. If you play her agressive against a good player, better be making some nice reads.

Which is why I love her. She's like Injustice's Quan Chi. I play her with the same "pick em apart" style as I did with Quan Chi. She sucks if people play her impatiently. If you play her agressive against a good player, better be making some nice reads.
Don't see why you can' t play her agressively. She has ridiculously fast attacks, 50/50's that lead into a vortex, and can be effective at all ranges.

She's one of the less "thinking" intensive characters. Once they're in the vortex, just do the vortex. As mentioned earlier, you can theoretically touch the enemy once and continue to take their whole lifebar, until they guess right.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
She is my alt. I know her well.

1. Make sure your execution is perfect. Don't fuck up your vortex due to input error. It will cost you games.

2. When opponent has less than 50% bar, do full combos...fuck the vortex.

3. Cartwheel wake ups aren't invincible. Many characters can back dash and then full punish.

4. Learn the most devastating corner combos...fun and deadly.

5. Electric knuckles are mostly useless. You'll rarely ever find yourself chipping away at an opponent unless they have >20% health.

6. A blocked j2 gives you a free mixup unless they back dash.

7. Don't be predictable.

SonicFox5000

The Best.

I agree with everything you have except for this. Even if they are below 50% do AT LEAST one more vortex setup -scracth away another 30% leaving them at 20%- Then go for the kill. Your opponent can still potentially come back.

Perdition

Don't see why you can' t play her agressively. She has ridiculously fast attacks, 50/50's that lead into a vortex, and can be effective at all ranges.

She's one of the less "thinking" intensive characters. Once they're in the vortex, just do the vortex. As mentioned earlier, you can theoretically touch the enemy once and continue to take their whole lifebar, until they guess right.
I don't like playing her too agressive, then the urge to do bad teleports and wake up cartwheels becomes too great. Play her without thinking on competent competition at your own peril, but most people avoid actual competition online like it's the plague itself.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

1. Make sure your execution is perfect. Don't fuck up your vortex due to input error. It will cost you games.

3. Cartwheel wake ups aren't invincible. Many characters can back dash and then full punish.

4. Learn the most devastating corner combos...fun and deadly.

5. Electric knuckles are mostly useless. You'll rarely ever find yourself chipping away at an opponent unless they have >20% health.

6. A blocked j2 gives you a free mixup unless they back dash.

7. Don't be predictable.
5 and 6 are wrong. Electric knuckles are always the superior choice for reasons that have been stated multiple times in this board. j2 provides near no block advantage so a blocked j2 can be back dashed or poked out of. j3 should be your go to jump in. A blocked j3 provides a free mixup that cannot be backdashed.

I disagree with number 2 but that is merely opinion based so meh there.

E

Eldriken

Electric knuckles are superior because they generally cause all your combos to do 1-2% less damage, which is a trivial amount, and they cause you to gain meter a lot faster than you do with your regular knuckles. They're obviously the better option. You just have to find the time to switch to them without getting punished for doing so.

I do have a question myself since Batgirl is my secondary. I can't consistently land a d2~bf1. I can land it almost every single time in practice, but when I go online, it hardly ever comes out. :/ Any suggestions?

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
5 and 6 are wrong. Electric knuckles are always the superior choice for reasons that have been stated multiple times in this board. j2 provides near no block advantage so a blocked j2 can be back dashed or poked out of. j3 should be your go to jump in. A blocked j3 provides a free mixup that cannot be backdashed.

I disagree with number 2 but that is merely opinion based so meh there.
Sorry the J2 was a mistype. I was clearly drunk. haha. Also, I've seen the data on electric knuckles and honestly if you're landing blocked strings it IS a good idea. Most of the time Batgirl is spaced out and going for B1, or B2. I feel like I barely ever go into block strings. Watching her at a high level shows you the same thing. They seem to never go into electric knuckles.

That being said. I'd like to implement it more.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I agree with everything you have except for this. Even if they are below 50% do AT LEAST one more vortex setup -scracth away another 30% leaving them at 20%- Then go for the kill. Your opponent can still potentially come back.

It's debatable, I know :)

When B2 leads to 41%, and B1 leads to 33% I just finish the combo and then back off and go into zoning, and keep them out with cartwheels, bolas and batarangs. 9 times out of 10 they jump and you can hit them with Smoke bomb.