What's new

PG| Scar wins SCR 2016

Tweedy

Noob
Btw Scar and Dragon invested in the characters that they used, long before the patch. Not like Scar needed it.

I didn't do any of that and it showed. Sonic didn't do any of that and still got 3rd lol.

Skedar70

Noob
Sonic has been winning non-stop since Injustice. The character excuse is finished, especially since Tekken Master is known to be the international counterpicking god. Can't cry about a guy who is known for counterpicking getting counterpicked.

Who I used is irrelevant. I'm not good enough to place 10 days after my character got destroyed, nor is anyone besides Sonic. Sonic is a god.
Im sorry but you are wrong here. Scar won the tourney with Demo Sonya who was severely nerfed. Smoke was also nerfed. Sonic didn't go full Cryo. Sonic used Jason and Cassie whom were untouched. Sonic is still good and he will continue to dominate but he is not the only one who placed after their character got destroyed. Just stating some facts.

Grape Juice City

Shaolin boyz
Im sorry but you are wrong here. Scar won the tourney with Demo Sonya who was severely nerfed. Smoke was also nerfed. Sonic didn't go full Cryo. Sonic used Jason and Cassie whom were untouched. Sonic is still good and he will continue to dominate but he is not the only one who placed after their character got destroyed. Just stating some facts.
Huh? Can you elaborate on the bolded?

This thread derailed because tweedy didn't understand a post I made. I'll be clear on this, I don't care who wins the next 1,000 tournaments, all I'm saying is that it's obvious the nerfs hit harder to some people than others. As far as me winning a ranked match, lol that's my dream, as I don't even play ranked because I get demolished in casuals! (=

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Much respect to Scar -- always humble, never calls a lot of attention to himself; but he's been consistently playing so well, and it's great to see him having success.

Props man, and wishing you a great rest of the MKX 'season'.

Skedar70

Noob
Huh? Can you elaborate on the bolded?
  • Sonya - Away+FP now has 19 startup frames (up from 12) and 2 active frames (down from 4)
  • Sonya - Away+FP,BK now has 16 startup frames (down from 14)
  • Sonya (Demolition) - adjusted the hit region on Bake 'n' Wake and it now has 5 additional recovery frames
  • Sonya (Demolition) - Only 1 of each type of Grenade can now be used in the same combo
  • Triborg - Away+FP now has 22 startup frames (up from 18) and 4 more hit cancel advantage
  • Triborg - Towards+FP,FK is now -8 on block (down from -4), +8 on hit (down from +12), has 4 additional miss recovery frames, and has 4 more hit cancel advantage
  • Triborg - Away+FK now has 16 frames startup (down from 15) and is -6 on block (up from -8)

• Sonya - Away+FP now has 19 startup frames (up from 12) and 2 active frames (down from 4)
  • Sonya (Demolition) - adjusted the hit region on Bake 'n' Wake and it now has 5 additional recovery frames
  • Sonya (Demolition) - Only 1 of each type of Grenade can now be used in the same combo
  • Triborg - Away+FP now has 22 startup frames (up from 18) and 4 more hit cancel advantage
  • Triborg - Towards+FP,FK is now -8 on block (down from -4), +8 on hit (down from +12), has 4 additional miss recovery frames, and has 4 more hit cancel advantage
  • Triborg - Away+FK now has 16 frames startup (down from 15) and is -6 on block (up from -8)
I hate the only one type of grenade per combo, I don't like her exploding grenade I don't know why lol. 3 stun grenades in a combo was badass!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
1-0 you? He won probably a grand with a 10 day character. You're just posting your theories on a forum and doing nothing.

Other people got to keep their characters and Alien players didn't. I lost to a Ravenous Mileena who was high mid tier and didn't move down at all. Dragon lost to Flamefist who was good and didn't move down at all. Our character doesn't even function anymore and we only had 10 days to prepare.

Demo and Ronin were about as good as Alien, yet they didn't really get nerfed at all. The patch wasn't fair and it showed. Only Sonic was able to overcome.

NEC everything will be back to normal and you'll probably avoid the thread.
Flamefist definitely moved up imo

Error

DF2+R2
Sonya was toned down, but not severely nerfed or "destroyed", she's still great and plays mostly the same. Same with Smoke.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
[Sonic is still good and he will continue to dominate but he is not the only one who placed after their character got destroyed. Just stating some facts.
I definitely wouldn't call Sonya "Destroyed". "Moderatedly toned down from broke" is probably more accurate :)

Tweedy

Noob
Alien was significantly nerfed. Every other placer in the top 16 besides Honeybee, got to keep a high mid or top tier character.

Tweedy

Noob
My 3-2 record at SCR will be the greatest that anyone will do on this version of the game with Tarkatan.

Go ahead and prove me wrong at KIT/NEC.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Alien was significantly nerfed. Every other placer in the top 16 besides Honeybee, got to keep a high mid or top tier character.
tarkatan has to hitconfirm now instead of being braindead and front flippin for free a lot o the time... poor him now they have to think.. and tail having a hurtbox. oh god no... and don't even talk about rekka's because first of all rekka's arent a mechanic thats safe if you do more than 1 spaced one. and they've never been high low vortex mixups. so what they did making you commit to it is what needed to be done.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
No one likes drowning in pools. It is frustrating. Double Elimination Brackets are brutal. Even hardcore pros down all the time. It just happens and I get that it pisses players off. It is easy to lash out and blame the game, it is even cathartic in some ways.. but not imo always the truth. Even super high tier community members do this.

IMO, there is NO WAY alien is now "trash". It is still super strong, just as Sonya is still super strong, but like Sonya requires a change in how you play it. The Alien needs to do proper hit confirms and has lost that invincible tail thing that goes nearly full screen as it can now be hit. (same for Shinock Scoop btw).

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It's called an opinion
I realize that. I gave my own opinion, as well. I find Shinnok to be obscenely boring to watch.

Throughout the life of the game, I'd say the following characters were the most boring to watch:

Tempest Lao
Kobu Jutsu Tanya
Bone Shaper Shinnok
Tarkatan Alien

Grape Juice City

Shaolin boyz
I wasn't really asking for a link to the patch notes, myself and others have had access to those for over two weeks now. But more so an explanation as to how you came to the conclusion that Sonya was severely nerfed or possibly even destroyed(?), in your own words. It's easy to point out the differences in frame data, Smoke's in this case, but that alone doesn't really tell me how he fairs in the current build of the game with all the changes they've made. For instance, didn't the universal nerf to armored launchers actually benefit Smoke as opposed to the rest the cast that more heavily relied on them in the previous meta? An indirect buff of sorts? Does that really equate to Smoke being nerfed?

I'm still ignant as shit at FGs, but I'm pretty sure the patch notes alone were never enough to give us the full picture.

Last edited:

Skedar70

Noob
I wasn't really asking for a link to the patch notes, myself and others have had access to those for over two weeks now. But more so an explanation as to how you came to the conclusion that Sonya was severely nerfed or possibly even destroyed(?), in your own words. It's easy to point out the differences in frame data, Smoke's in this case, but that alone doesn't really tell me how he fairs in the current build of the game with all the changes they've made. For instance, didn't the universal nerf to armored launchers actually benefit Smoke as opposed to the rest the cast that more heavily relied on them in the previous meta? An indirect buff of sorts? Does that really equate to Smoke being nerfed?

I'm still ignant as shit at FGs, but I'm pretty sure the patch notes alone were never enough to give us the full picture.
"Destroyed" was a quote from Tweety who is saying Alien got destroyed in the patch which is false cause he only got normalized just like the rest. The patch notes should be to enough to understand the huge difference in Sonya now. Using only two grenades of different types to combo is a huuuuuge change FYI. You can look at the finals of SCR where scar was doing 16% or maybe 20 something percent on combos because he had to reload where before he could go up from 30%. B1 being slow now leaves Sonya with very slow mids so now she can be more easily poked out of any pressure. Don't confuse Scar being good with Sonya being top tier she has definitely been toned down yet scar was still able to win while other are blaming their loses on the characters.