What's new

PG| Scar wins SCR 2016

Tweedy

Noob
Anyone who competes knows that Sonic getting 3rd here is more impressive than him getting 1st at some majors. A lot of people got to keep their characters, while his 2 strongest got smacked around by nerfs. He took a 10 day character and still got 3rd at a very stacked major. I drowned in pools, Dragon missed top 8, Foreverking missed top 8. In spite of the Alien and even Erron nerfs, Sonic almost won the whole damn thing.

For the average player, a ten day character isn't even fit to play in real matches. Scar and Dragon had been playing Smoke/Kitana for a long time. There was no investment with Sonic's Cryo and he put work in. The people who miss that to the point that they say Sonic is washed up, just don't understand.

Anyone who competes knows that Sonic getting 3rd here is more impressive than him getting 1st at some majors. A lot of people got to keep their characters, while his 2 strongest got smacked around by nerfs. He took a 10 day character and still got 3rd at a very stacked major. I drowned in pools, Dragon missed top 8, Foreverking missed top 8. In spite of the Alien and even Erron nerfs, Sonic almost won the whole damn thing.

For the average player, a ten day character isn't even fit to play in real matches. Scar and Dragon had been playing Smoke/Kitana for a long time. There was no investment with Sonic's Cryo and he put work in. The people who miss that to the point that they say Sonic is washed up, just don't understand.
At the same time you can say that the character he won Evo with was near broken, as soon as it got nerfed it couldn't save sonic anymore. Nerfs probably did affect players, even you I believe compared to the last time you were in a tourney right? See, it can go both ways. But I don't know who you used? Because it's also fair to say that there are great players who stuck with their character even though it may have been nerfed.

Last edited:

Tweedy

Noob
At the same time you can say that the character he won Evo with was near broken, as soon as it got nerfed it couldn't save sonic anymore. Nerfs probably did affect players, even you I believe compared to the last time you were in a tourney right? See, it can go both ways. But I don't know who you used?
Sonic has been winning non-stop since Injustice. The character excuse is finished, especially since Tekken Master is known to be the international counterpicking god. Can't cry about a guy who is known for counterpicking getting counterpicked.

Who I used is irrelevant. I'm not good enough to place 10 days after my character got destroyed, nor is anyone besides Sonic. Sonic is a god.

Tweedy

Noob
Sonic vs the TYM shit heads

Sonic: Dang I got 3rd.

TYM: Lol they took away your best and 2nd best character, while they got to keep their's, and you only got 3rd? Washed up bitch you are.

Sonic: ......

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Yeah Cryomancer is a brand new character. Even if a person was competent with the old Cryo, this new one is completely different. He may as well be a KP3 character

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Sonic has been winning non-stop since Injustice. The character excuse is finished, especially since Tekken Master is known to be the international counterpicking god. Can't cry about a guy who is known for counterpicking getting counterpicked.

Who I used is irrelevant. I'm not good enough to place 10 days after my character got destroyed, nor is anyone besides Sonic. Sonic is a god.

Tweedy of gates

Well it's been one event without a near broken character and he didn't win, so it's 1-0 me now. And it applies to you too buddy as you used that same character. Now, will he dominate with a non s tier character, maybe, he's got skills. He has before. Will you win an event without an OP Alien, maybe, why not? You're a good player too. I'm not saying you him or you (btw great showcase in the tourney you placed top 8, that was awesome) can't win because if anyone can it's him. Just saying things are gonna get interesting from now on.

Tweedy

Noob
Well it's been one event without a near broken character and he didn't win, so it's 1-0 me now. And it applies to you too buddy as you used that same character. Now, will he dominate with a non s tier character, maybe, he's got skills. He has before. Will you win an event without an OP Alien, maybe, why not? You're a good player too. I'm not saying you him or you (btw great showcase in the tourney you placed top 8, that was awesome) can't win because if anyone can it's him. Just saying things are gonna get interesting from now on.
1-0 you? He won probably a grand with a 10 day character. You're just posting your theories on a forum and doing nothing.

Other people got to keep their characters and Alien players didn't. I lost to a Ravenous Mileena who was high mid tier and didn't move down at all. Dragon lost to Flamefist who was good and didn't move down at all. Our character doesn't even function anymore and we only had 10 days to prepare.

Demo and Ronin were about as good as Alien, yet they didn't really get nerfed at all. The patch wasn't fair and it showed. Only Sonic was able to overcome.

NEC everything will be back to normal and you'll probably avoid the thread.

Tweedy

Noob
Top players receive unrealistic expectations from spectators. Sonic is the only one who deserves them and he proved that.

I'm not good enough to pick up a new character and place at a stacked major. You're probably not good enough to pick up a new character and win a ranked match. Don't expect things out of me that you couldn't dream of doing yourself. I'm not Sonic and I admit that, nor is Dragon or Foreverking, or many others.

Don't act like Sonic is washed up either because he didn't go all the way. If he did, then we might as well not hold these tournaments anymore. This was a gimme for people who typically couldn't beat Sonic. That's just real.

1-0 you? He won probably a grand with a 10 day character. You're just posting your theories on a forum and doing nothing.

Other people got to keep their characters and Alien players didn't. I lost to a Ravenous Mileena who was high mid tier and didn't move down at all. Dragon lost to Flamefist who was good and didn't move down at all. Our character doesn't even function anymore and we only had 10 days to prepare.

Demo and Ronin were about as good as Alien, yet they didn't really get nerfed at all. The patch wasn't fair and it showed. Only Sonic was able to overcome.

NEC everything will be back to normal and you'll probably avoid the thread.
Lol, you seem to avoid the thing you think I'm trying to say. Im not saying sonicfox won't win without Alien, or that you won't place top 8 again without him either. I'm saying it's going to be interesting to see how the results take place now that aliens nerfed. I'm looking forward to nec, I don't care who wins, fox, the other fox,you, whoever, I don't compete, I just watch.

Tweedy

Noob
On more serious games, a patch that has this much put into it, would be implemented long before a big offline event.

That's not how it always works in the FGC, and it's kind of lame. It's the Alien player's fault for showing up to it, but it's over and done with so it is what it is.

If I place at NEC, have fun not showing up in thread again.

On more serious games, a patch that has this much put into it, would be implemented long before a big offline event.

That's not how it always works in the FGC, and it's kind of lame. It's the Alien player's fault for showing up to it, but it's over and done with so it is what it is.

If you place at NEC then I'd be one of the few who believed you could a couple months ago. Also who are you talking too? Me? Who said fox was washed up?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

getting bodied at pools is pretty normal, don't let this and what other ppl says affect you, you're a certified tier whore, just pick the best character you can adapt to and play it consistently.

Tweedy

Noob
Ah ok, I thought you thought I had said that. In all honesty I think the people who are saying that are trolling. Don't take it seriously.
I feel like a lot of people who do not play, don't understand that when you remove a person's character, and leave others in, they're at a huge disadvantage against those players.

Hayatei is a huge troll. When he comes on here and says Ronin is bad and Master of Storms is top tier, I think people believe that. Ronin lost stuff but the game did in general. The character is still no less than high mid tier. Demo is still straight oh my god.

Alien on the other hand is incredibly trash. Acidic is okay at best, people are just being optimistic about the variation. I'm the only one who used Alien and didn't finish with a negative record at SCR lol. I got props for that but I would have rather had old Alien and placed. It is what it is.

Tweedy

Noob
A lot of people came up to me and said "man you did your thing with Alien, you stuck with your boy and didn't switch like Dragon and Sonic".

I'm thinking "fuck I wish I could switch like that in 10 days" lol.

Tweedy

Noob
With that being said, I will forever be the greatest post patch Alien, since no one else will ever go 3-2 or probably even ever enter a major as Alien, again.

Hold that.

With that being said, I will forever be the greatest post patch Alien, since no one else will ever go 3-2 or probably even ever enter a major as Alien, again.

Hold that.
That's what I'm saying, that's how all this back and forth between you and me started, I said people can say that by fox not picking alien then it shows in him not winning, and I gave props to you for sticking with him but you didn't understand me I guess. It's all good.