What's new

General/Other Petition for a better dash.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
If Green Lantern had a better dash he might actually break the barrier and become top tier. His dash is slow though. I guess it couldn't hurt much.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Show me the tier list that puts Green Lantern outside of top ten.
What does that mean? I just mean there are so many people ahead of him. If he had a faster dash he would probably bump up in the tier list. It doesn't matter. He is getting nerfed next patch. LOL.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
What does that mean? I just mean there are so many people ahead of him. If he had a faster dash he would probably bump up in the tier list.
"So many people ahead of him"? What? Like all... seven (tops) characters that rank above him? Where the hell are your standards at? Buff everyone but Batman/Superman/Frost?

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
"So many people ahead of him"? What? Like all... seven (tops) characters that rank above him? Where the hell are your standards at? Buff everyone but Batman/Superman/Frost?

Can't believe I'm asking this but is this sourced or are we just saying shit?
If he is top tier and 7 (tops) rank above him... that is a lot of top tier characters. No... I mean nerf Batman, Superman, Frost. Even then that isn't what I want.

It is a tweet from Ed Boon. Most people think it is fake though. So I wouldn't start panicking yet.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I know it isn't news. I just meant if they buffed his dash speed he would probably jump a few spaces.
Yeah, that's why this thread is stupid. Sure GL would jump a few spaces if he had a faster dash to make him way better at getting in on zoners and if he could just dash away from cross-ups thus stripping your opponent of their reward for getting in on one of the game's better spacing characters.

It's a HUGE buff. Huge enough he'd probably actually deserve that mystery nerf.

DesuBlade

Augmented Wallet Squeeze
Yeeeeeeeeeeeah....no. Green Lantern is fine how he is. There's other characters that need more attention that your Main. Let's not forget how easy it is for Lantern to get in as opposed to other characters. If you can't do MB b3 to a Supernova from DD, you're doing it wrong. If you can't block Crossup Overhead, go to Training Room.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Yeeeeeeeeeeeah....no. Green Lantern is fine how he is. There's other characters that need more attention that your Main. Let's not forget how easy it is for Lantern to get in as opposed to other characters. If you can't do MB b3 to a Supernova from DD, you're doing it wrong. If you can't block Crossup Overhead, go to Training Room.

So I'm supposed to waste meter everytime DD does a supernova, it all makes sense now.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
So I'm supposed to waste meter everytime DD does a supernova, it all makes sense now.
If you're playing Doomsdays that randomly supernova, and if they continue to supernova once you punish them, then you aren't playing good Doomsdays.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
You don't need dash in bucko.

His reach compensates for this "bad dash". He's balanced, if any he's leaning towards the other side as opposed of deserving buffs.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
If you're playing Doomsdays that randomly supernova, and if they continue to supernova once you punish them, then you aren't playing good Doomsdays.

yeah man they are pretty bad because I can MB B3 they're armored novas and whiffed novas across the screen with great punishment.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
You don't know who you're talking to bro. Check out this dude's Ranked match videos. I swear to you he doesn't lose. Orochi here just fucking CRUSHES bitches. AND IT'S ALL ON TAPE.

Dude's legit. Learn your shit man.

This thread is great.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
i wouldn't call them bitches, they're pretty good players mate, I'm up for some matches.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Lol, GL should be buffed because you suffer online against some characters ?

Only the netcode and your psychomotility need to be buffed.

I do fine thank you very much, his dash could be better but whatever. i'll just pick an alt vs good doomsdays since not being able to dash like the rest of the cast is balanced. I'll use green arrow, db1 ftw.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I don't think you understand, young Chongo.

GL has to backdash supernova if he has no meter (which should rarely ever happen)...and it's an unreliably small window. There are a number of characters who can forward dash or backdash reliably for a punish. GL might as well just have a reserve 5th bar that only fills up when DD uses MB supernova.

I want a better dash, but meh, a weakness is a weakness is a weakness. I'm not going to bitch about it.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Not bitching about it either, it really makes no difference in online play you only start to see it in tournaments where our lanterns keep getting pounded by green arrows/doomsdays and supes cause of the bad dash. We'll just have to adapt and counter match.

But don't worry, I know Ed Boon is reading and will be fixed next patch, along with more range on F3 and no interrupt on B12 ;)