What's new

Peacemaker Gameplay Trailer

it was advertised as johnny all along,and even after that leak,where we first heard janet could be the kameo,they didnt even make an offcial statment,announcment,clarification or anything lol,even my komabt pack within the game store,information page stated johnny cage still.

I think the only piece of information that it will be janet was the press kit that was sent to youtubers some months ago,but again the store kombat pack still said johnny and they offred zero insight as to if its a alt skin for the kameo or what.

This example really outlines the horrendeouse communication and coustomer relations standards that NRS exibits.

would rather have classic johnyy too or mk armageddon design johnny,that was a good look,janet as a skin.
i forgot they basically had spread false information

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
i forgot they basically had spread false information
Maybe it was Johnny and she now identifies as Janet? Modern medical advancements now allow surgeons to cut off your testicles and tell you to wear a wig.

Either way, I don't see why people would complain. You didn't get the product you bought, but it was replaced with a product of equal/greater value.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
To save Mortal Kombat 1 we just needed another clown character with b tier jokes and and mixed special moves. Bring back gun, warrior Predator and Superman move. if it is not enough here is your clown Kameo with c tier jokes. Also she is doing MK1 combos, pure fan service here. Mortal Kombat 1 is saved.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Didnt you play the story mode? Also, Johnny's moves are literally just a couple kicks and punches - the fact it's a female johnny now is irrelevant.

And this part is not directed specifically at you: I find it curious how some people complain about kameos being repeated from the main roster (there are only three repeated), yet complain about this being Janet and not Johnny. Kind weird hill to die on.
Janet sucks because she's (from what we've seen) literally just Johnny Cage. There's nothing Janet about her. Like if you're going to have a Johnny Cage themed Kameo, and don't want it to be Johnny, then at least be creative with it.

Like imagine if the Kameo instead was Johnny's film crew. 3 random ass mfs, that weirdly help you fight. Like the sound guy comes out swinging a big ass boom mic, he can blast his audio box and make a sonic boom. There's a wormy little intern guy, he can bring your character coffee for an attack speed buff or donuts for health regen. Maybe one of them is a Set guy that drops in movie prop hazards. Shit for your entire Kameo bar the director comes out and yells "CUT" and gives you a Geras style time freeze.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Janet sucks because she's (from what we've seen) literally just Johnny Cage. There's nothing Janet about her. Like if you're going to have a Johnny Cage themed Kameo, and don't want it to be Johnny, then at least be creative with it.

Like imagine if the Kameo instead was Johnny's film crew. 3 random ass mfs, that weirdly help you fight. Like the sound guy comes out swinging a big ass boom mic, he can blast his audio box and make a sonic boom. There's a wormy little intern guy, he can bring your character coffee for an attack speed buff or donuts for health regen. Maybe one of them is a Set guy that drops in movie prop hazards. Shit for your entire Kameo bar the director comes out and yells "CUT" and gives you a Geras style time freeze.
I dont know in what way would she be better if it was simply classic cage in there. I can sit here and tell you lots of ideas from random wacko kameos that are infinitely better than plain old sonya, kano, jax and darrius, but this is NRS, and the DLC kameos were chosen long before the game's launch. I'd probably wager they changed Johnny into Janet because people were upset about "repeating characters", and that's all there is to it.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
He definitely looks fun, I grew up loving Cena as a kid so I’ll give him a try for sure. He also reminds me of Terminator at first glance who was the only character I had fun with in 11, so we’ll see.

Unfortunately I was pretty high on the Omni Man and Quan Chi trailers as well, and although I did really enjoy playing them at first, it wore off after like two weeks. So I’ll hope for the best but keep my expectations low lol

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Looking good, NRS as always doing great job in respecting the source material and putting lots of references and homages for a guest character

John Cena probably had a blast and enjoyed every second doing the VA for Peacemaker for MK1; despite he being polemic sometimes in real life , he (John Cena) is a very good actor and he loves this character, so, Peacemaker is pretty welcome in MK franchise !

Everyone shitting on Peacemaker clearly hasn't watched the show. It's fucking incredible. Season 1 only has 8 episodes at around 40 minutes each. I can't recommend it enough. Peacemaker isn't supposed to be "cool", so how NRS has portrayed him in-game is pretty spot on.

Just watch the show and you'll appreciate the character so much more. It was done by James Gunn, so if you're a fan of his style of movie (Guardians of the Galaxy), you'll enjoy the show. It's a hard R comic book show and it's the best shit DC has released since the Dark Knight Trilogy. And yes....I know that's not saying much, but just give it a chance.
I thought he was kinda dumb in Suicide Squad 2 but the show is infinitely better, probably one of my favorite series in the last decade

That sounds wild... If you play as Johnny Cage.

If you're playing as Quan Chi using a film crew to help his weaknesses it sounds really dumb.

janet will be the first non variations gimmick dlc kameo we see,very curious how they made her,and how much different she is from the other regualr base kameos,from the trailer she looks darrius-esque.

Everyone shitting on Peacemaker clearly hasn't watched the show. It's fucking incredible. Season 1 only has 8 episodes at around 40 minutes each. I can't recommend it enough. Peacemaker isn't supposed to be "cool", so how NRS has portrayed him in-game is pretty spot on.

Just watch the show and you'll appreciate the character so much more. It was done by James Gunn, so if you're a fan of his style of movie (Guardians of the Galaxy), you'll enjoy the show. It's a hard R comic book show and it's the best shit DC has released since the Dark Knight Trilogy. And yes....I know that's not saying much, but just give it a chance.
I don't care how fun John Cena is, I'm not watching Peacemaker.

Besides that, I'm surprised at the muted reaction to Janet kameo giving everyone access to sento stance. I saw Maximilian compare her to Darrius and was like wut.

Good. Mortal Kombat is at its best when its focused on dumb fun.
Not the good dumb. How bout instead of a bunch of shitty nobodies that are meant to compliment Cage, We just scrap the whole idea and get another MK character instead? Something like that director idea opens the path to having shit like Puggles and Cassie's Drone, Random Shaolin Monks, Nameless Shirai Ryu/Lin Kuei, Generic Tarkatans and Sonya's drone... and no thanks.

I'd rather have MK characters over something like that.

I wasn't excited for a Cage Kameo in the first place, on paper I think a Cage Kameo is the most boring idea compared to Tremor, Mavado, Ferra and Khameleon. If it were me, I'd drop the Johnny references and just slide Kobra in Janet's place. Not even Kira, Kobra was always more martial arts driven.

Last edited:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I'm super excited for both the playable and the kemeo.

I was never interested in peacemaker as a playable. If you look at my post history, i am always saying that comic book stuff should stay in injustice and that MK is large enough that I would prefer new or old MK characters each time. Like if I was designing the games I would make 1/2 the base roster each time brand new characters and the make all guests returning favourites.

Still Janet Cage looks awesome. I am not sure what is going on with her, but she looks broken af. I mean Kamelon will b hard to get past but if she works like I think she dose from the trailer then that will be hard to not love. For the record I would rather a cage-a-like than have a kameo playable as well. I think the entire point of the Kameo system is to get more and obscure people from the lore into the game.. so Janet Cage is 100% what I expect from the Kemo system.

Still there is something about Peacemaker's move set that really appeals to me. The trailer was just so good and the combos looks awesome. It has realy supised me but I am more excited for him than I thought. I can't wait for the next Season to start so I can start learning him and getting into it all.

If you're playing as Quan Chi using a film crew to help his weaknesses it sounds really dumb.
Yeah, I agree. I feel that Kemoes should all be obscure official MK character for, the lore. Janet is exactly that and a perfect example of what I expect them to be. I mean no one was expecting Jennet Cage lol... That is why she is a perfect kaemo. Maybe we will finally get Meat, despite boon hating him so much.

janet will be the first non variations gimmick dlc kameo we see,very curious how they made her,and how much different she is from the other regualr base kameos,from the trailer she looks darrius-esque.
I'm really curious about this as well. She seems to have a bunch of moves and some kind of multi attack move like Darious.

Last edited:
Janet Cage is lame as fuck. Her whole entire thing is left over johnny jokes but replace the name Johnny with Janet. Also its annoying to have a character's whole gimmick being completely full of themselves when no ones ever heard of them. Fuck off Janet, lol

Gameplay wise she could be cool tho. I do appreciate the MK1 callback.

I'm sure NRS will knowck it out of the park with Peacemaker like they do every guest character, but I do not give an ounce of a fuck about John Cena or the character. I'm more hype for Quan Chi's new move and if other characters will have new moves.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
Well...they seemed to heavily imply that Kameos would appear as both a main fighter and the rest would get one as well. Also of note...Janet Cage had a different voice in story mode than in the trailer. The final battle in story mod really seemed to imply some sort of create a fighter. But they could very well make a free JC kameo with the same moves. IDK. They may also thought people would not buy the Kameo if it's the same as a main.