What's new

Peacemaker Gameplay Trailer

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Janet Cage is an… interesting decision. Peacemaker looks fun and it seems like they did a good job on him and his personality.

BlazingShrapnel

World's Worst Nitara
Them going Janet instead of Johnny or even Cassie was probably just to reuse the model they had in the last story chapter.

Strangeness aside, the summon that stays out for combos seems fun to lab with. No clue what characters will get the most milage out of it though

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Looks dope.... have to watch a few times but went from zero interest into really digging the vibe and look of the moves. Kameo looks awesome as well.. but it it all depends on how well she goes with the characters I play.

do you think that eagle move just randomly hit the kameo, or do you think that it targets the kameo?

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Attacks using eagle are the only ones where I actually felt I enjoy them. All the others were so bad and this character looks so out of context. I know him from Suicide Squad movie only so maybe I dont get each and every easter eggs and references but I really dont buy it. Leaving aside the fact that its a guest char - he seems least interesting out of the entire DLC cast.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
come on... that headbut was awesome, as was the repelling field thing.

rifraf

Noob
Tons of personality, pretty hype trailer. I'm neutral on gameplay. I can't tell what he's suppose to be doing during combat. I wish he gets more mask power moves than gun ones.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Idk Peacemaker felt weird as hell, kinda stiff(animations), out of place and i'm sorry but Janet Cage out of all possible characters? Like one Cage isn't enough...

I really hope for some amazing patch notes/content otherwise there is no reason for me to go back and play MK1.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Gameplay seems interesting. The character, no thank you. Seems like just a masculine asshole kind of character, which is one of my least favorite character tropes.

Fun trailer, Cena did a great job with his lines. I dig the reference to the Peacemaker show's intro at the start of the trailer, and Eagly being involved in his moves is awesome.

do you think that eagle move just randomly hit the kameo, or do you think that it targets the kameo?
Good question. With the way Quan Chi backed up it looks like it could potentially hit either of them but they wanted to show it hitting the kameo since that's a rare tool. Eagly also tanks Quan's projectile right afterward.

As for Janet, looks like she blocked Mileena's sai with a mime wall. Kinda interesting.

Attacks using eagle are the only ones where I actually felt I enjoy them. All the others were so bad and this character looks so out of context. I know him from Suicide Squad movie only so maybe I dont get each and every easter eggs and references but I really dont buy it. Leaving aside the fact that its a guest char - he seems least interesting out of the entire DLC cast.
Gameplay seems interesting. The character, no thank you. Seems like just a masculine asshole kind of character, which is one of my least favorite character tropes.
I'd recommend watching his tv show tbh. It's actually good and provides the context behind his personality. He's more of a stunted child with a horrible upbringing and experiences some actual growth by the end of the season.
He's definitely assholey kinda like how Johnny is assholey, but his heart is ultimately in the right place, also like Johnny.

had zero interest for the guests in this pack,and john cena didnt change my mind,idk he looks even more out of place then omni man,seeing him on screen.He does seem to have a a decent amount of moves,seems more then other characters,if thats the case thats good,i think other characters could use additional moves aswell.

I hope the patch is giant and they knock it out of the park.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Idk Peacemaker felt weird as hell, kinda stiff(animations), out of place and i'm sorry but Janet Cage out of all possible characters? Like one Cage isn't enough...

I really hope for some amazing patch notes/content otherwise there is no reason for me to go back and play MK1.
Yeah, I’m really trying not to be negative here. But with such a lack of updates, communication and transparency, I was at least expecting a banger of a trailer or at least for Peacemaker and the Kameo to look really good. Peacemaker looks okay, but honestly, to me… he looks like a worse version of OmniMan with at least some of his moves. Hopefully I’m wrong and it was just not a great trailer for him. And I had the same reaction with “Janet Cage”. Like, out of ALL the characters they could’ve chosen… that’s what they landed on? They could’ve easily just made her Cassie instead, or an actual cool/interesting alt universe MK character from the end of the story mode, they had so many to choose from!

That said, Peacemaker was the DLC character I was already looking forward to the least. I’m really hoping Ermac and Homelander are insane and they do them justice, because I love both of those characters. As for Takeda, I can see them doing some really cool things with him. But just gonna have to wait and see ¯\(ツ)

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I love how the Janet Cage triple air punch is a reference to Johnny Cage in MK1 being able to combo in the corner after an uppercut with his jump in punch - it even has the same pose/animation
This was by far the coolest thing about the trailer. I really thought that was cool. Love shit like that.

Also, Peacemaker looks pretty cool. Hopefully there is a HUGE overhaul to the game along with his release. Seeing a new Quan Chi move is a good sign.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Me before the trailer- "Hmm, I wonder why I don't know who this character is or why I've never watched anything from their IP..."

The trailer -

Me after the trailer - "Oh, yea... I'm in my 30's."

I have to give them credit where credit is due. They did an excellent job of recreating that 2008 TF2 engineer look. I'm so happy this took priority over Ermac.

Does anyone else feel like they missed an opportunity to make Janet a womxn of color?

Last edited: