What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
So i downloaded it, and I have purchased Kombat Pack 2, but can't use any of the DLC characters. ...
In the DLC section of Properties it says Kombat Pack 2 Not Installed. Why.

Gaxkang

Banned
A classic whenever PC is updated in MK11, the game running into missing files or something corrupted and requiring verification of files. :p

Sadly, for those who pre-purchased via Green Man Gaming (i.e. me), Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment has yet to send them the Kombat Pack 2 with pre-order bonus keys. They're hoping for tomorrow.

So options are: 1) to wait, 2) downgrade to the non-pre-order bonus version, or 3) refund. I've chosen to wait, though it's still quite disappointing.

The patching process though went fine for me, thankfully no file verification process needed.

For the new Soft shadow option, what exactly does it do? Since it's only recommended for "high end systems," I assume it's the best option?

Slymind

Noob
So, i just went online to get my rewards from last season, and got rewards from those purple skins season, which i didnt even pariticipate.

Where is my Saurian Noob...?

Gaxkang

Banned
So, i just went online to get my rewards from last season, and got rewards from those purple skins season, which i didnt even pariticipate.

Where is my Saurian Noob...?
Yup PC was given the wrong KL rewards XD

So now we see what NRS does...:eek:

Raider

Noob
They messed up the game again with Ultimate patch. My performance is worse.

They "added" new options for shadows: Ultra High and Soft. But something is definitely not right here. Very High that was max available before Ultimate looks noticable worse and it's pixelated/LQ. Ultra and Soft look normal but they have big hit on performance. I used to be able to play the game at stable 60fps on all stages with FXAA and everything else maxed out. Now Very High shadows look much worse + performance took a hit even with Very High shadows. Something broken again.

They messed up the game again with Ultimate patch. My performance is worse.

They "added" new options for shadows: Ultra High and Soft. But something is definitely not right here. Very High that was max available before Ultimate looks noticable worse and it's pixelated/LQ. Ultra and Soft look normal but they have big hit on performance. I used to be able to play the game at stable 60fps on all stages with FXAA and everything else maxed out. Now Very High shadows look much worse + performance took a hit even with Very High shadows. Something broken again.
You've done the usual file verification and such?

I adjusted to "Soft" shadows, as I assume they're supposed to be "the best," and I'm still passing the benchmark with 60 FPS. Performance feels the same for me.

I have not tried Very High Shadows since the patch though.

Gaxkang

Banned
Ya can get the correct KL rewards on PC now.

You also get to keep the wrong ones that ya got before, including the time krystals.

So depending on rank, ya get some extra time krystals now too. ;)

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
Outsourcing MK11 to the idiots at QLOC has nothing to do without how much better video games are to play and run on PC (which they are)...

Gaxkang

Banned
As usual no update happens without files vanishing or being corrupted...this time a stage file. I have found too that pre-emptive verifies of integrity do not stave it off either. :rolleyes:

As usual no update happens without files vanishing or being corrupted...this time a stage file. I have found too that pre-emptive verifies of integrity do not stave it off either. :rolleyes:
A pre-emptive one wouldn't, no, since the files haven't been replaced yet.

It's just odd that it keeps happening to you. Silly question, but have you tried rebooting your system after the patch and seeing if it properly plays without the verification after that?

BUT THAT SHIT DONT FUNCTION, William!
Except it actually does. The majority of customers, it actually works and patches just fine. With such a variety of hardware configurations though, issues will crop up for some customers; it's unavoidable when using a non-standardized platform.