What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Am i the only one getting a lot of misinputs? Im using a DS4 (wired) and the amount of misinputs i've been getting is INSANE. To the point where they cost me matches or rounds.

Anyone else find it weird that KP2 is not available on third-party stores like GMG, Humble Bundle or GamesPlanet?? GamesPlanet is offering Ultimate Edition but not KP2 separately.
Also there won't be Switch pre-order for the KP2 even on official Nintendo store, so they can't even get the pre-order skins pack. This is super weird!
Yes. I keep checking GMG every so often, hoping it'll show up and discounted.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Am i the only one getting a lot of misinputs? Im using a DS4 (wired) and the amount of misinputs i've been getting is INSANE. To the point where they cost me matches or rounds.
I don't know if you leave an FPS counter up at all times, but I would start and see if you happen to be dropping frames. I've obviously complained a lot about frmedrops since Aftermath, and that is basically why. Lots of short pauses eating inputs, looking dumb, while getting jumped on.

It's hard times when you need to hit a tight timing window and the input gets swallowed leaving you just standing there while they are coming right at you. Sometimes things run awesome, and sometimes awful. I do not remember it being like this before Aftermath. I've basically built an entire computer trying to see if I could upgrade my way out of it. I think my CPU upgrade made it just better enough that I don't feel like my inputs are getting swallowed all the time, but I can see my fps's still drop to 57fps frequently.

It could just be the random assortment of players, connections, and hardware bleeding into the online experience.

I don't know if you leave an FPS counter up at all times, but I would start and see if you happen to be dropping frames. I've obviously complained a lot about frmedrops since Aftermath, and that is basically why. Lots of short pauses eating inputs, looking dumb, while getting jumped on.

It's hard times when you need to hit a tight timing window and the input gets swallowed leaving you just standing there while they are coming right at you. Sometimes things run awesome, and sometimes awful. I do not remember it being like this before Aftermath. I've basically built an entire computer trying to see if I could upgrade my way out of it. I think my CPU upgrade made it just better enough that I don't feel like my inputs are getting swallowed all the time, but I can see my fps's still drop to 57fps frequently.

It could just be the random assortment of players, connections, and hardware bleeding into the online experience.
makes me wonder what actually changed in between mkx and mk11, as after mkx got the ggpo update that game felt a little smoother than mk11 does honestly. I can't judge on what the situation regarding this issue was like for IJ2 as i didn't like it so i just kept on playing mkx untill mk11 released. This just me or any1 else with this same exp?

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
makes me wonder what actually changed in between mkx and mk11, as after mkx got the ggpo update that game felt a little smoother than mk11 does honestly. I can't judge on what the situation regarding this issue was like for IJ2 as i didn't like it so i just kept on playing mkx untill mk11 released. This just me or any1 else with this same exp?
IDK if I've been able to tell a difference really. Outside of maybe if performance demands have impacted things a little on console. I do remember people complaining about dropped inputs as early as the IJ2 beta.

I wonder how close to GGPO they actually stick to. Apparently the spec for GGPO deals with machine clocks desyncing by causing the current machine to just stall while the other catches up, which typically would eat inputs. So if your machine drops a frame for any reason, mine would have to pause and wait for us to sync back up (it's not something a rollback can fix). Not too long ago Skullgirls had really big deal netcode update to deal with that situation so inputs weren't swallowed, and people said it was a very noticeable improvement to what was already considered one of the best rollback implementations out there.

On a similar note. I'm not willing to say if I really believe it's helping or not, but I've been playing a couple days with the match recording off. So far I've only dropped frames against one player that was very high ping and even doing well on stages I always have issues with. I see slows and stalls at times, but they look net related and my fps counter doesn't drop. I don't want to have to turn it off, but I'm going to see if that trend continues.

**edit strike that. Strike it down. No help. I give up trying to understand the unexplainable.

Last edited:
Pretty sure with cross platform they only refer to Xbox crossplay which they had a beta for for half a year or something. I mean this looks cool, but would be weird if they didn't mention this in the Kombat Kast or any other English media.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
False. It's Xbox Series, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4 only. Source is the official Crossplay FAQ here.
False. It's Xbox Series, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4 only. Source is the official Crossplay FAQ here.
yep, totally fake ..... if it was true, NRS surely would have informed this on the previous KK .... no way in hell they could just forget to talk about this, if was true, ha ! ;)

some internet troll is just taking advantage of the hype that the "Variations allowed" caused in the MK community, to just spread false rumour and fool people, regarding Krossplay, hehe :D

Slymind

Noob
But that's official WB Games Latino account!?
Even people on tweet(in spanish) are already debuking this, one guy said this image is actually old.

You can say that this account is very unprofessional, unfortunately.

Oh well, at least MK on PC is decently active and will likely be even more with Ultimate.

Even people on tweet(in spanish) are already debuking this, one guy said this image is actually old.

You can say that this account is very unprofessional, unfortunately.

Oh well, at least MK on PC is decently active and will likely be even more with Ultimate.
Personally, the community as is rn is wholesome enough <3.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
PC has gotten some extra attention with something like 5, notable streamers trying it out recently (that I know of). Most of them saying it feels like the best version of the game right now. Hopefully that has brought in a few people. I know I've seen people in chat saying they were downloading it just because the streamer was showing it off.

Be interesting to see what version get's played when the consoles drop. They may have a lot of what makes the PC version good, and the crossplay player pool to bypass concerns of the player base being split by the migration. If consoles have lower input latency and 60fps perks, then we probably lose a chunk of the people that showed up for them.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Only on startup ~10% of the time when I try to get past the logo into the menus.
:eek:

Okay, I just had a third crash. In fact, it's more like the game just shuts itself down for some reason.

1st crash --> while waiting my turn in KOTH
2nd crash --> in the main menu
3rd crash --> while playing a match in ToT

It's super annoying. I didn't have this problem before. And since there's no error message, I don't know what's going on.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I also noticed Sonya's voice line in the helicopter fatality is missing. I verified the game's files but everything seems to be okay.

After trying many fixes, I managed to play for a bit today but it crashed again. RIP me.