What's new

PC/Steam Version - Performance, Technical and General Discussion Thread

BTW. I find it kinda funny how playerbase went from 30+K in first week to around 4K players in less than two months. Yes, yes i know that playerbase for majority of the games is dropping as time is passing but this drop is just too drastic, too soon.
It is, though I know a lot of people playing are casuals, and many were not happy with the Towers of Time early on. Patch 5 causing really bad performance issues for many likely hasn't helped either.

Actually, that's something I'm curious about, though not sure where to check or if it's possible: how much has the player base declined on PC after May 31st?

I went off of my past experience with Mortal Kombat XL, after QLOC took over the port. So when buying the PC version, I was expecting patches and such to be a few days to a week behind the primary console versions. Looks like I've been more or less correct.
I'm okay with a couple days, it won't kill me. I am definitely hoping they try and hit simultaneous release with new characters and big content like that, however.
BTW. I find it kinda funny how playerbase went from 30+K in first week to around 4K players in less than two months. Yes, yes i know that playerbase for majority of the games is dropping as time is passing but this drop is just too drastic, too soon.
It's not extremely shocking. For a lot of reasons (lack of resale/trade-in, big variety streamers promoting a culture of rapidly switching games, etc), PC game player counts tend to spike hard and regress quickly. Also unfortunately the game still sits with Mixed reviews on Steam (Steam's terrible review system is a rant for another time :D), which is going to make it difficult to gain traction with new players -- they see the reviews aren't good, assume it's because the port is bad, and pass on buying the game. The current CCU is decent but probably lower than NRS would have been aiming for. We will see spikes with new character releases (especially if some of the guest characters that were leaked end up being true), sales, free weekends, etc.

@CorneliusBrutus Oh agreed, not going to argue if they can and do release characters on the same day!

I'd be down for reading your Steam Review system rant. Also, what does CCU stand for?

I very, very, very rarely post on the Steam boards, but I lurk there to remind myself of how ignorant those forums truly are.

@CorneliusBrutus
I'd be down for reading your Steam Review system rant. Also, what does CCU stand for?
CCU = Concurrent Users, how many are on at a given time (basically what steamcharts measures). I know that it makes no sense as an acronym as "concurrent" is one word, but don't blame me, I didn't make it up :p.

My high-level version of "I don't like Steam reviews" is basically this:
  • The system encourages what I feel is a hostile relationship between developers and players, plus it's not a very natural fit for many games as they are developed and monetized in 2019.
  • Very often a game's score is affected due to factors outside of the actual gameplay. This includes stuff like "political messages" (Not Tonight, Total War Rome II), DRM or analytics software (Civilization VI, anything with Red Shell or Denuvo), amount/variety of available DLC, even stuff relating to the actions of the publisher or developer (review bombing games like Borderlands 2 because Borderlands 3 has some Epic Games Store exclusivity. This is part of what I mean by that hostile relationship: instead of addressing developers through proper channels, players use their ability to bomb reviews and hold a score hostage, demanding change on their (usually uninformed) terms.
  • That's not to say some of those factors shouldn't be known and published, but I don't think many of them should be aggregated into a scarlet letter branded directly onto the top of the store page and wherever else the game is displayed in Steam.
  • Another issue is reviews being used as de facto tech support. Steam has no native tools for users to report issues (making a post in the community forums is the closest), so instead users post a negative review saying they'll change it back to positive if they receive help, feeling that developers look at reviews very often.
  • Finally, the concept of leaving a "review" feels incongruous with how many games operate now, as a live service with updates and new content. If I asked you to review Rainbow Six Siege, you're getting a very different version of the game people played 2 years ago. If I leave a review that says "I was having so much fun playing BattleGuys in version 1.1, but 1.2 patch ruined everything, not recommended!", what happens if 1.2 fixes all my problems but I had moved on to play other games? Am I obligated to revisit the store page and leave an updated review? Of course not, but that review still stands. Valve says they give more weight to recent reviews, and offers a lot of tools for specifying the range of reviews you want to see, but we don't know the specifics of how Steam calculates that.
  • Basically, there can be a lot going into that aggregated stamp on a game's page. Before anyone says "the label doesn't matter, people can read the reviews and decide for themselves", well that's fair, but I personally know people who won't even click on a game that shows anything other than that positive thumbs up sign.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Having trouble opening mk11.
After both the mk and steam update, the game crashes after the first menu. Any idea what this might be. I have a pretty good laptop too

@DarkMaeko FYI this thread isn't monitored by WB Support, to my knowledge. You'll want to reach out to them via the contact info here.

@CorneliusBrutus Cool, thanks for letting me know. With respect to your thoughts on Steam Reviews, that was a very good read. In general, I feel the average gamer today is hostile in general. Personally, I have a low opinion of much of gaming "culture" today and the average gamer in general, and I feel Steam (either their forums or many of the reviews I've seen for various games) is an excellent example of the mass amount of ignorance and entitlement embodied by this generation of gamers.

The average gamer today is usually very uninformed about, well, almost everything, and they constantly make mountains out of mole hills. Mortal Kombat 11 in general has seen a significant amount of this, and it's a shame as I've had friends not bother with the game because they believed online sensationalism and misinformation.

The downer to all of this as well is actual, proper constructive feedback and criticism, as well as legitimate concerns for help and support, oft get lost in the noise of nonsense.

I also don't understand why the average gamer posts reviews, or random posts on forums, expecting help, instead of actually contacting the developer or their support reps directly. It's not difficult to do, yet they so often never do it!

@honeybooboo Have you attempted to verify the integrity of your game files? What are your system specs again?

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
@DarkMaeko FYI this thread isn't monitored by WB Support, to my knowledge. You'll want to reach out to them via the contact info here.

@CorneliusBrutus Cool, thanks for letting me know. With respect to your thoughts on Steam Reviews, that was a very good read. In general, I feel the average gamer today is hostile in general. Personally, I have a low opinion of much of gaming "culture" today and the average gamer in general, and I feel Steam (either their forums or many of the reviews I've seen for various games) is an excellent example of the mass amount of ignorance and entitlement embodied by this generation of gamers.

The average gamer today is usually very uninformed about, well, almost everything, and they constantly make mountains out of mole hills. Mortal Kombat 11 in general has seen a significant amount of this, and it's a shame as I've had friends not bother with the game because they believed online sensationalism and misinformation.

The downer to all of this as well is actual, proper constructive feedback and criticism, as well as legitimate concerns for help and support, oft get lost in the noise of nonsense.

I also don't understand why the average gamer posts reviews, or random posts on forums, expecting help, instead of actually contacting the developer or their support reps directly. It's not difficult to do, yet they so often never do it!

@honeybooboo Have you attempted to verify the integrity of your game files? What are your system specs again?
Yes i just did. I have an i5 1050ti 8gb ram

Yes i just did. I have an i5 1050ti 8gb ram
The issue might be your video card. A GeForce GTX 1050 Ti is actually below the game's minimum requirements and is not formally supported.

I'd recommend updating your nVidia Drivers if you haven't already, as well as performing the general Windows Updates and such. You can try running a disc clean up as well. If that doesn't work, you'll want to reach out to WB Support, but note they might tell you that you'll need to update your graphics card.

If you do contact then, make sure you list all your troubleshooting steps tried already, and I'd also recommend including a zipped copy of your msinfo. If you're not sure how to do this, I can tell you.

The issue might be your video card. A GeForce GTX 1050 Ti is actually below the game's minimum requirements and is not formally supported.

I'd recommend updating your nVidia Drivers if you haven't already, as well as performing the general Windows Updates and such. You can try running a disc clean up as well. If that doesn't work, you'll want to reach out to WB Support, but note they might tell you that you'll need to update your graphics card.

If you do contact then, make sure you list all your troubleshooting steps tried already, and I'd also recommend including a zipped copy of your msinfo. If you're not sure how to do this, I can tell you.
@honeybooboo Apologies, I was mistaken above: a 1050 Ti is within the game's minimum requirements. What's your i5 processor? Have you tried configuring the game via GeForce Experience?

2.3GHz Intel Core i5-8300H (quad-core, 8MB cache, up to 4.0GHz)
How do i go about configuring the geforce?
Your processor should be fine as well.

For your GeForce card, what I meant was configuring the game's graphic options via the GeForce Experience program. Do you have GeForce Experience installed on your system?

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Your processor should be fine as well.

For your GeForce card, what I meant was configuring the game's graphic options via the GeForce Experience program. Do you have GeForce Experience installed on your system?
Just downloaded and installed most recent drivers. Game continues to crash

Let us know what they say when they get back to you. From my experience, they do not reply on weekends, so you likely won't hear from them until next week now. They may also ask you to do some basic troubleshooting. Even if you think it won't help (and you're probably going to be right), humour them and go through the motions since there's a process they need to follow as well.

Good luck!

its been 2 weeks and WB havent respond to my ticket still.
ive been checking steamdb everyday since and they seem to be working on the shang update more than actual fix.

how do i know ? its because they are working on localization stuff wich mean they are including subtitles and VO for shang.

its been 2 weeks and WB havent respond to my ticket still.
ive been checking steamdb everyday since and they seem to be working on the shang update more than actual fix.

how do i know ? its because they are working on localization stuff wich mean they are including subtitles and VO for shang.
Have you sent a follow up for your ticket?

no , not yet i will after my birthday party tonight.
Well in that case: A very Happy Birthday man!!! I hope you have a good one!

For your ticket, I had to follow up on my Mobile link issues one. My general tech support one, they've been pretty spot on; getting back to me in one business day normally, sometimes two.

Your ticket, is it the one where you included your artifacting video?

Well in that case: A very Happy Birthday man!!! I hope you have a good one!

For your ticket, I had to follow up on my Mobile link issues one. My general tech support one, they've been pretty spot on; getting back to me in one business day normally, sometimes two.

Your ticket, is it the one where you included your artifacting video?
yes and the Krypt stealing souls from after you craft them

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I still keep getting alot of desyncs. When i play with @karaokelove we usually have like 5 to 10 or even more desyncs when we play long sets.
Now i just played on ranked and i had 2 desyncs out of 4 games and i know it wasnt because my opponent quit.
Some ppl i play against i never have desyncs with so its kinda weird.

Oh and usually desyncs happen when theres upclose pressure and players trying to throw and stuff. Happens alot in corner too.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I still keep getting alot of desyncs. When i play with @karaokelove we usually have like 5 to 10 or even more desyncs when we play long sets.
Now i just played on ranked and i had 2 desyncs out of 4 games and i know it wasnt because my opponent quit.
Some ppl i play against i never have desyncs with so its kinda weird.

Oh and usually desyncs happen when theres upclose pressure and players trying to throw and stuff. Happens alot in corner too.
I have desynched with him also a shit load a no one else and yes its always after like 25 games. I think the other 2 in ranked were probably dumb luck.