What's new

Paying Full Price for Content We Already Own?

Would you pay full price for a product whose content you already own?

• Total voters

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
My guess is they will release more skins with each character. Goro and the other skins are incentives for people who do not own them to get on board. Is that fair to you? Absolutely not. Depending on the price, people who waited could have a better deal. However, you still have the option to purchase everything individually. Hopefully, they do not make everyone wait a week who did not purchase KP2. Now that would be a insult to early adopters.

I'm willing to bet that there is at least one other skin pack. Can't leave Kotal and others hanging.

Don't forget that every new character release comes with a free compatibility skin, ala classic Reptile.

Considering that this pack is also coming with a new stage, and how awesome and varied triborg looks, I feel that pricing KP2 the same as KP1 is justifiable

i was talking to my friends about it earlier, everybody seemed to be looking over tht fact, i own all the previous dlc so i'm like eh, i honestly do not think that it should be more than 20$ since all some of us will be getting is more dlc we already own, don't know why they just don't make new costume packs all together (cassie and some of the other characters need some)

just another fool that doesn't understand economics and thinks he's entitled. You aren't being forced to pay for something you already own, you're being given a choice. It's an incentive for people who aren't spending money on the DLC, NRS doesn't really care about the people who are going to buy it anyway. There's no reason to market/pander to a group you've already won over.

If however you're having trouble deciding on a purchase you can do what the rest of us adults do and put on your big boy pants and decide for yourself if the product on offer is worth the asking price.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Again, I'm not trying to sound like an ornery stick in the mud, if they offer some kind of markdown/discounted price to compensate for my previous purchases I'd be A-OK with everything.
you paid to have early access to those skins.
this is like complaining for complete editions because you paid $60 bucks while people get DLC+full game for the same price six months later.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
It's a bundled package, they don't even have to give you shit, they could just sell the DLC individually. Instead they throw everything at you AND let you save money on the characters alone, anything else is just a bonus. You ain't paying for shit, this is just entitled gaming #2016 , of all the terrible shit NRS does this is NOT something we should be complaining about

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I dont mind at all. We are technically getting 6 characters with triborg being sector cyrax and smoke. NRS gotta get paid. I already have goro and all the skin packs that come with kp2 but there will probably be extra stuff we will get along the way.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Even if we didn't get any new costumes, this is worth it. Four new characters and new stages too.

TBH though, I would only pay this for a fighting game. Every other game with DLC that has been released in the last 5+ years I have waited and bought the GOTY edition used for hella cheap waaaaaay after it was released.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
for fucks sake, stop complaining.
anyone and everyone that's on this site will buy it.
no point on coming to TYM if you're not that invested in the game.
it's a decent price, they didn't have to bundle it, but they did.
be grateful.
What makes you think I'm ungrateful and why are you being so rude? I already bought the things they are bundling, that doesn't add any value to my purchase. It's not a hard point of view to understand. Just because I'm on TYM doesn't mean I'm gonna gobble everything up NRS is selling me. I'm asking a legitimate question. It's not a decent price for me compared to someone else who hasn't bought the previously released DLC. This kinda stuff wouldn't fly from other studios so NRS isn't getting a free pass from me. If you want to be an ass and say I have no real estate to voice a concern on an internet that's your prerogative, but don't try and act like I'm coming from left field here.

Last edited:

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
I actually deeply annoyed by this.

I presume most people on this website have a lot of disposable income and are fine with it.

When I buy a season pass I should be entitled to extra content released after release date. Look at the fallout 4 season pass on how a company can do business the right way. Warner bros really are the con artists of this gaming generation look at the lego batman dlc for more evidence of how not to dlc.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I actually deeply annoyed by this.

I presume most people on this website have a lot of disposable income and are fine with it.

When I buy a season pass I should be entitled to extra content released after release date. Look at the fallout 4 season pass on how a company can do business the right way. Warner bros really are the con artists of this gaming generation look at the lego batman dlc for more evidence of how not to dlc.
Yeah a lot of everyone is blaming NRS instead of WB for these practices. We the people continue to buy it though, and even when we do try to rebel there's always the group that says "why u complaining? We enjoy getting shat on, so let us get shat on."

Samsara

Resident Cynic
just another fool that doesn't understand economics and thinks he's entitled. You aren't being forced to pay for something you already own, you're being given a choice. It's an incentive for people who aren't spending money on the DLC, NRS doesn't really care about the people who are going to buy it anyway. There's no reason to market/pander to a group you've already won over.

If however you're having trouble deciding on a purchase you can do what the rest of us adults do and put on your big boy pants and decide for yourself if the product on offer is worth the asking price.
Your being rude and its completely unnecessary. My concerns are relevant and my understanding of "economics" has nothing to do with my feelings as a consumer. What they are bundling adds no value to my purchase, so I don't see any merit in preordering at full price when it contains things I already own. Sure it's a great deal to people just coming in, but its not as great a selling point to me. This is the basic crux of my argument, offer me a markdown on my preorder to compensate on my previous purchases that were included in the pack. Not a hard concept in my book

I'm an adult like you and I don't feel the need to belittle others on the internet, so which one of us is the mature one and which one of us still struggles with the big boy pants?

Last edited:

LeoMK29

Noob
Unless they state there will be more new skins/content in KP2, it is best to assume there will not be any. I mean, why would they not mention it to serve as even more incentive to buy KP2? Sure they might release more down the line, but it might not even be part of KP2 just like some of the OLD content in KP2 was not part of KP1. As long buy the new skin pack separately, I will be good.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
It's a bundled package, they don't even have to give you shit, they could just sell the DLC individually. Instead they throw everything at you AND let you save money on the characters alone, anything else is just a bonus. You ain't paying for shit, this is just entitled gaming #2016 , of all the terrible shit NRS does this is NOT something we should be complaining about
What they are bundling doesn't add to my purchase. I already own what they are bundling. This thread is to share your thoughts, not criticizing others for voicing concerns. If they offer a markdown on the preorder price to compensate for previous purchases made on the previously released DLC I'd be much happier. Nothing entitled about voicing qualms.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
you paid to have early access to those skins.
this is like complaining for complete editions because you paid $60 bucks while people get DLC+full game for the same price six months later.
It's clear you missing the point I'm trying to make, but you have a decent grasp on the strawman argument, tends to go far when you want to tune people out.

In my opinion, OP, NRS isn't stupid enough to sell KP2 with KP1 content AND price it so that you're paying the same amount as purchasing STRICTLY KP2 content individually.

I guess what I'm saying is that if you're looking to get all of the new KP2 content, buying the KP2 bundle will save you money.

Also, there will be more new skins aside from compatibility skins and the Apocalypse pack: if I remember correctly KP1 did not tell me what skins I was getting when I purchased it, but what it DID tell me was that I would receive the Samurai skin pack as a sort of immediate compensation. Hence the Apocalypse pack would appear to be the new Samurai pack.

Don't worry. KP2 will be a good value for your hard earned money, regardless of whether it includes some KP1 content to provide incentive for those who haven't yet purchased DLC.

There will certainly be more new costumes. Cosmetic costume changes are incredibly easy ways to generate more revenue, and we know how much NRS likes money.

extremely naive mentality, as consumers we are entitled to discuss the products, to purchase it or not is a different thing. OP does raise a legit question, its normal for every consumers to question the seller, if suddenly they get something similar with less value. And do you know that by selling them individually they will get less money because most ppl wont even buy the costumes. Like this they can place a sale that makes the consumer tempted to buy the bundle with the illusion of them saving money because the price of an individual character is now based on the price of other stuffs as well (increases the price of individual purchase as the result)

But then again if they are going to announce new skin, stage or fatalities later on, the price (if its also $30) is justifiable. The argument of triborg is three different characters is not really good since we havent seen their actual move lists and all three of them share a very similar look

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
What they are bundling doesn't add to my purchase. I already own what they are bundling. This thread is to share your thoughts, not criticizing others for voicing concerns. If they offer a markdown on the preorder price to compensate for previous purchases made on the previously released DLC I'd be much happier. Nothing entitled about voicing qualms.
Am I right in thinking that bundling 4 characters together saves you money on buying all 4 individually? Then you are saving money. Whatever else they throw in is a bonus.

It's like buying a shirt from Target for $10, coming back 6 months later and seeing they now have a bundle including that same ol shirt and 10 other things that you want for $30, and then complaining and kicking up a stink about how everyone else is getting it for free or that Target is forcing you to pay for the same stuff again. And before someone finds some tiny technicality and uses it to justify how this example is "completely inaccurate and misrepresentative of the truth", I see you fam, we know that they aren't exactly the same product, that doesn't completely discount the example tho

And what do you mean, I can't criticize the "concerns" that some of you voiced, I didn't realise this was just a headnodding circlejerk, in that I guess I'll just leave you guys to it then

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Am I right in thinking that bundling 4 characters together saves you money on buying all 4 individually? Then you are saving money. Whatever else they throw in is a bonus. And what do you mean, I can't criticize the "concerns" that some of you voiced, I didn't realise this was just a headnodding circlejerk, in that I guess I'll just leave you guys to it then
It's a bundled package, they don't even have to give you shit, they could just sell the DLC individually. You ain't paying for shit, this is just entitled gaming #2016
What part of "I already own the 'bonus' content so it doesn't add value to my purchase" keeps getting lost on you?

There's a difference between disagreeing with someone and outright dismissing people's concerns as entitled. This thread isn't a circlejerk, people with way more tact and respect than you have disagreed with me without being rude.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Can someone jog my memory in injustice manhunter wasn't part of the season pass?
No. Him and Zatanna came after as individual characters. The Season Pass was Lobo, Zod, Batgirl, and Scorpion, with some STARS Labs Missions and skins packs. Then later on MMH and Zatanna were after, and separate purchases from each other.

If pricing ends up the same as KP1, I'd much rather that model than this. I can't be a part of this lol, it's insulting. I've played games with free DLC Chars, TTT2 for example. SFV is implementing something similar, so all this "they deserve to body your pockets" talk doesn't fly with me. Other fighting games I play usually don't cost $120 for all the content while repackaging things I already bought. So I'll likely just buy the individuals I like and leave it at that, and hopefully I don't have to be punished by being forced to wait a week later than others to get a character because I didn't want to rebuy old content. -.-

Last edited: