What's new

Paying Full Price for Content We Already Own?

Would you pay full price for a product whose content you already own?

• Total voters

Samsara

Resident Cynic
So we all know by now that KP2 includes Bo Rai Cho, Xenomorph, TriBorg, and Sindel Leatherface. Also comes with a new stage the pit. It also comes along with some "extra" content when you purchase.

Goro: pre-order bait character that consumers may already own.
Apocalypse Pack: genuinely new content in the form of skins for Takeda, Erron, and Dvoh
Brazil Pack: previously available DLC skin pack for Johnny Cage, Kung Lao, and Liu Kang that consumers may already own.
Kold War Pack: previously available DLC skin pack for Kano, Sonya, and Subby that consumers may already own.
Kold War Scorpion: previously available DLC skin for Scorpion that consumers may already own.

Did you notice a theme or pattern? Much of this "extra" content contains products that consumers may already own. Which begs the question: Would you pay full price (or be willing to do so) on KP2 even if you already own the previously released DLC? Do you think you would be receiving the same value as someone who hasn't bought the previous DLC? Will there be a discount for us fools who already bought these items a la carte?

How do you feel about NRS's DLC practices in KP2? Will PC see some of this content?

Discuss. Please no bully.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
I said it in the thread it depends on the pricing is gonna go if I can buy the character plus apocalypse pack cheaper separately or KP2 is straight up cheaper than kp1 then it's fine if not that's bullshit.

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
I'll probably buy one character, maybe two, 30$ is a rippoff for all that shit, its too much imo, I could buy other videogames for that money.

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
To your last question, it's most likely that PC will see the content but later on. (2 weeks after Xb1 and PS4 most likely)

And to the main question, they aren't necessarily making people pay twice for anything. Goro being a preorder bonus and the skins a non KP1 option, this gives a chance for people like myself who didn't feel the need to purchase the Kold War and Brazil packs to own them and not pay anything seperately.

Edit: too tired to read super close, but no I don't think it would provide the same value for people who own all of the dlc to buy KP2 for $30 or whatever asking price they decide on. But that's why you have the option to buy seperate pieces I guess.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
KP1 was $30. Being that KP2 has 4 characters as well, but virtually everything some of us already have outside of a stage and a skin pack, I'm betting this pack will be $20. If it's $30 like KP1 was while offering almost all the same things we already bought then it would be absolute bs and I'd just buy the two characters I want separately.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
To your last question, it's most likely that PC will see the content but later on. (2 weeks after Xb1 and PS4 most likely)

And to the main question, they aren't necessarily making people pay twice for anything. Goro being a preorder bonus and the skins a non KP1 option, this gives a chance for people like myself who didn't feel the need to purchase the Kold War and Brazil packs to own them and not pay anything seperately.
But what about my value as a consumer, who has already purchased said products? Is it fair for me to pay the same price as you given the circumstances. I'm paying potentially 30USD for 4 characers and the all new skins while you are paying 30USD for 5 characters, 7 previously released skins, and all new skins.

Last edited:

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
But what about my value as a consumer, who has already purchased said products? Is it fair for me to pay the same price as you given the circumstances. I'm paying potentially 30USD for 4 characters and 3 skins while you are paying 30USD for 4 characters and 10 skins?
I edited my post just now read it again.

ZYZZBRAH

The rain falls where it may.
Well i want the four of 'em specially bo and leatherface, so i guess i'll have to pay for everything again :'(

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Hopefully PC sees the characters so I can try them out.

Wouldn't dare buy the KP2 if I bought one thing from before. That just seems like dumb spending to me. And I should know what dumb spending looks like . . . :oops:

Samsara

Resident Cynic
But you're not paying for the previously released stuff. Unless this pack is going to $40
Let's say I spent 20$ (figuratively speaking) on Kold War Scorpion, Kold War Skins, the Brazil skins, and Goro. KP2 comes out and I decide to spend 30$ to get it and it contains items I've already purchased. I essentially spent 50$ on DLC

Enter some other fan who hasn't spent any money on DLC and decides to get KP2 for 30$ and gets all the stuff I spent 20$ on as a bonus.

What's wrong with this picture?

Last edited:

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
My completely unbiased opinion is that I have no issues with KP2 being the same price as KP1 if that's what they choose to do.

One character having 3 variations takes triple the work anyway, chuck on the fact you have 4 characters and that's a lot of post release content. People can't work for free, especially when the content is new.

I'm assuming the skins/goro add on is only really aimed towards the people that didn't really buy much of the cosmetic DLC. I'm also assuming KP2 may come with a new wave of different skin packs anyway. The apocalypse pack may only be one. We know that every KP1 character had a skin pack release along side them.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
But what about my value as a consumer, who has already purchased said products? Is it fair for me to pay the same price as you given the circumstances. I'm paying potentially 30USD for 4 characters and 3 skins while you are paying 30USD for 4 characters and 10 skins?
So why not buy everything separately??

EMPEROR PRYCE

My completely unbiased opinion is that I have no issues with KP2 being the same price as KP1 if that's what they choose to do.

One character having 3 variations takes triple the work anyway, chuck on the fact you have 4 characters and that's a lot of post release content. People can't work for free, especially when the content is new.

I'm assuming the skins/goro add on is only really aimed towards the people that didn't really buy much of the cosmetic DLC. I'm also assuming KP2 may come with a new wave of different skin packs anyway. The apocalypse pack may only be one. We know that every KP1 character had a skin pack release along side them.
Following NRS consistency with kp1 and injustice. Did the second wave of characters in Injustice come w a skin pack as well? I can't remember.

If that is the case then yeah I'm sure we will see more skins.

If not then, idk its a 50/50

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Following NRS consistency with kp1 and injustice. Did the second wave of characters in Injustice come w a skin pack as well? I can't remember.

If that is the case then yeah I'm sure we will see more skins.

If not then, idk its a 50/50
I can't remember much about the Injustice DLC at all really.

EMPEROR PRYCE

It's the principal of the thing. Besides, if you preorder you got access to the characters faster than if you bought them separately.
If having access to the characters early is a benefit of kp2 then I totally understand you. 100%

If not, then I don't understand especially if they offer everything separately anyway.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
If having access to the characters early is a benefit of kp2 then I totally understand you. 100%

If not, then I don't understand especially if they offer everything separately anyway.
Again, I'm not trying to sound like an ornery stick in the mud, if they offer some kind of markdown/discounted price to compensate for my previous purchases I'd be A-OK with everything.