What's new

Patch

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
It'll come when it comes. The game is still viable. After Evo is a good time to release it. Plenty of time for them to get it right and not go overboard with what they choose to do. Be patient and relax.

It'll come.

Nah bro we need at least 10 years to figure out Geras has too many easy KBs. Just get good and lab it, add on that another 15 to figure out fatal blows are absolute cancer and that the downpoke meta is an atrocity.
It's such a shame because the potential for an amazing game is there. Just small subtle changes could make a massive difference, shit, if they add +5 more to d1s on hit I'd be happy.
Actually they also need to nerf pokes on block, if they only touch on hit people would mash d1 until they hit it

Afumba

Noob
Nah bro we need at least 10 years to figure out Geras has too many easy KBs. Just get good and lab it, add on that another 15 to figure out fatal blows are absolute cancer and that the downpoke meta is an atrocity.
It's such a shame because the potential for an amazing game is there. Just small subtle changes could make a massive difference, shit, if they add +5 more to d1s on hit I'd be happy.
You forgot something about the d1s... "make d1 on block more negative (-6/7)"

Last edited:

Jbog

Noob
Agree

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Tbh the game isn’t anywhere near as broken as other entries in the series or most fighting games. I think they’ll play it safe for EVO, why risk making potential gameplay changes that could ludicrously impact the game? It’s safe and wiser to wait to patch it. Doesn’t mean I’m happy about it.

Last edited:
This game is very balanced and just needs fleshed out. Some characters have 6f or 7f pokes that are only neg 4 or 5 with 11f mids, while some characters have an 8f poke as their fastest poke and their mid combo starter is 20frames (dvorah).

Some characters have crushing blows up the wazoo (geras, jax) and some characters have next to none.

Some characters best shit whiffs on female characters but thats all fine and good shit. Get gud

I would actually appreciate it to hear more often from nrs about how things are and what they want to do. Post launch of the hame there was a lot of them, but since the gsme released like nothing. Communication is almost zero at the moment and boon stupid trolling starts to get old and tiring especially with the game in its state right now snd so many complaints snd stuff all around since launch.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
It's funny how so many people say "MK11 is great, except insert a list of 426 things to change".

Guys, it's not bad to say you don't like a game or most of its parts. It's a matter of tastes. Personally, I dislike more things about MK11 than the ones I like. After having tried it some months to make sure, I'm probably dropping soon.

Even outside of the issues with the general mechanics and balance, I'm surprised people are not talking more about how the game is tremendously lacking of content. I remember modes like chess kombat, motor kombat, konquest mode, and I wonder where all that creativity ended up. If you are offline, you literally can only play vs mode, story mode and classic towers. Not even living towers or krypt since they are linked to online. Kombat League was supposed to be that groundbreaking mode that would blow people's minds, and it has ended up being simply a ft2 mode with ranks.

Last edited:

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
They really need to fix KL quitting bs. I havent started it yet (cause i dont wanna break my PS4 just yet) but from what i ve read thats utterly bs.

Regarding balance issues i believe the best time for a patch is after EVO. Does the game need it sooner? Yes, but it will effect the current meta and the players wont have time to adjust.

Some people say that 1 month is enough to adjust to changes. No, its not.

Afumba

Noob
It's funny how so many people say "MK11 is great, except insert a list of 426 things to change".

Guys, it's not bad to say you don't like a game or most of its parts. It's a matter of tastes. Personally, I dislike more things about MK11 than the ones I like. After having tried it some months to make sure, I'm probably dropping soon.

Even outside of the issues with the general mechanics and balance, I'm surprised people are not talking more about how the game is tremendously lacking of content. I remember modes like chess kombat, motor kombat, konquest mode, and I wonder where all that creativity ended up. If you are offline, you literally can only play vs mode, story mode and classic towers. Not even living towers or krypt since they are linked to online. Kombat League was supposed to be that groundbreaking mode that would blow people's minds, and it has ended up being simply a ft2 mode with ranks.
As far as content goes... i am actually still waiting for that "omg i cant believe they did that, this is so much content"-stuff that one guy was talking about. Cant be anything we had so far.

To your other point, its fine to like something but dislike things in it, even lots of things. I love Witcher 3 for example but my list of things that could have been better is anything but short.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
I just want them to patch the game so we can find something new to bitch about and call the game or character broken or trash over. It's an endless cycle.

Honestly, I'm glad they're taking their time and am ok if they wait till after the tournament season is over, like how SF has been doing it. Gives them more time to really look at the game and fix what really needs to be fixed and adjust what needs to be adjusted. Also prevents them from over working their employees like we heard about them when mk11 released

Wigy

There it is...
They really need to fix KL quitting bs. I havent started it yet (cause i dont wanna break my PS4 just yet) but from what i ve read thats utterly bs.

Regarding balance issues i believe the best time for a patch is after EVO. Does the game need it sooner? Yes, but it will effect the current meta and the players wont have time to adjust.

Some people say that 1 month is enough to adjust to changes. No, its not.
A month is a long ass time to grind, tough shit. Everyone is on the same time frame. What's worse, the players who adapt quickest winning or being heavily disadvantaged for picking over half the cast.

We're just guna have another top 24 of about 8 characters and the entire community have to play an unbalanced piece of shit.

The pendulum has swung way too far on this 'no hairtrigger patches pls' stuff.

Obviously it's guna be after evo if they haven't done it already, but just don't want to play the game anymore.

Last edited:
This waiting until after EVO/tournament XYZ might be a valid argument for balance stuff but for hitbox fixes and such its just a dumb excuse. There is absolutely no reason to delay fixing stuff like that. I mean cmon they added Shang and he is allowed at EVO.
Yes there is. A valid reason I mean, it costs a tremendous amount of money to implement these. A patch this close to evo would be a bad idea. I really like they are letting the game breath a bit.

There are some obvious things that need addressed though.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
The onllly real gripe I have with this game was the whole "hey guise, we have this super cool customization option that will take the game to a whole other level" then they proceed to show the beta with a fully BALANCED customization option that was actually a lot of fun.

Then nope... we get them taken out off competitive mode and get stuck with these painfully obvious unfinished "ranked variations" Then people here start saying its not that bad and then they try to pass it off as "guiiiiise you dont know nottthiiing. peoples thought that gerass 5krushing blows per round were automatic top one at the beginning of the game. Nows its automatic top 3.. See guissssee you dont know nothing.."

Fuck outta here. Stop enabling these bafoonish comments by them and hold them accountable.

DarkSado

Noob

Chess kombat? Just go play regular chess then

thlityoursloat

kick kick
The onllly real gripe I have with this game was the whole "hey guise, we have this super cool customization option that will take the game to a whole other level" then they proceed to show the beta with a fully BALANCED customization option that was actually a lot of fun.

Then nope... we get them taken out off competitive mode and get stuck with these painfully obvious unfinished "ranked variations" Then people here start saying its not that bad and then they try to pass it off as "guiiiiise you dont know nottthiiing. peoples thought that gerass 5krushing blows per round were automatic top one at the beginning of the game. Nows its automatic top 3.. See guissssee you dont know nothing.."

Fuck outta here. Stop enabling these bafoonish comments by them and hold them accountable.
All the characters claimed to be top tier week 1 are still top tier today kek. The only thing that changed was their exact numbering in the tier list just like you said.

Bro are you really expecting people not to shill on an mk FANsite lol.

You are basically doing the equivalent of screaming at a brick wall.

I don't get the whole waiting until after Evo thing. There's a few hundred people who register for that event and they sold about a million copies of the game, so impacting the tournament doesn't seem like much of a big deal as compared to giving the updates to all the rest of us. Even if it is something that matters, a month is more than long enough for professional players to adapt to any changes.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
If there was a patch it would be like the emergency Tanya nerfs in MKX but I don’t think that’s needed tbh

Afumba

Noob
Yes there is. A valid reason I mean, it costs a tremendous amount of money to implement these. A patch this close to evo would be a bad idea. I really like they are letting the game breath a bit.

There are some obvious things that need addressed though.
As said i would get behind this if we would talk about balance patches.

Fixing hitboxes and these kind of things dont qualify as balance and there is nothing that needs breathing here just stuff that doesnt work properly. They should have addressed these issues awhile ago already.

I agree that it probably isnt cheap and they might also not have enough peoples working on fixes. But those arent acceptable reasons to justify the delay for those things.