What's new

Question Patch notes (The F1 buff). Is Back2 now officially useless?

Belial

Noob
First, this buff was totally uncalled for. She already have 2 good overheads, dont start with fuzzy guard thing, nobody does it at this point of the game.
A better forward dash would be welcome and a good buff.
Second, f+1 is not +2 on block. Frame data is so very wrong on so many of her moves.
f1123 for example is around -5 (-1 on frame data)

f+3 is -1 though.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
First, this buff was totally uncalled for. She already have 2 good overheads, dont start with fuzzy guard thing, nobody does it at this point of the game.
A better forward dash would be welcome and a good buff.
Second, f+1 is not +2 on block. Frame data is so very wrong on so many of her moves.
f1123 for example is around -5 (-1 on frame data)

f+3 is -1 though.
I guess if "nobody" is fuzzy guarding it in the first month then it won't ever be fuzzy guarded. Right?

And yes, F1 is plus on block. If you block it, and I d1, I will interrupt you.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
The timing is extremely strict..everytime I land it it feels accidental.
Yeah, I'm pretty good with execution, but I don't like how strict it is. With adrenaline in your system, pressure, and who knows the monitor speed, I wouldn't rely on it in a real match.

Pho Cubic

Sérieusement Sabrewulf peut aller en enfer.
B2 is still good. If you do crossover 1 after ending a combo in 1 2 2, you can then do b2 3 and leave yourself at +3. That puts you in range for cat stance 2, cat stance 3, b3, or f2. There is a window between the crossover 1 and the b2 where they can do a reversal attack, but I believe it has to be 13 frames or less to come out. Some low specials over 13 frames (i.e. Deathstroke low shots, which is 14 frames) will still come out, but your overhead will beat them.

Also I love this buff. Before I was using b2~cat dash MB, b3, f3, 1 2 2 (38%) for the overhead mixup, but f1 being an overhead saves meter.

P.S. Not a good idea to use crossover 1 after 1 2 2 against a knowledgeable Doomsday...he will fuck you up with wake-up Air Snatch or Supernova :)

Reactions: SLy

Belial

Noob
First try. :p
I think the launch is different on ducking opponent. Can you conect it still?

I guess if "nobody" is fuzzy guarding it in the first month then it won't ever be fuzzy guarded. Right?

And yes, F1 is plus on block. If you block it, and I d1, I will interrupt you.
Yep, disregard previous post, I've re-checked the frame data and it seems correct. Either its fixed with the patch or I wasnt very good at executing stuff before.
Also regarding my comment about fuzzy guard - I meant it wasnt yet a problem, so basically, her core gameplay hasnt been buffed. f+1 helps but her main problems remain.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I think the launch is different on ducking opponent. Can you conect it still?

Yep, disregard previous post, I've re-checked the frame data and it seems correct. Either its fixed with the patch or I wasnt very good at executing stuff before.
Also regarding my comment about fuzzy guard - I meant it wasnt yet a problem, so basically, her core gameplay hasnt been buffed. f+1 helps but her main problems remain.
I have a local team here, and the fuzzy guarding has already begun. And 16 Bit tells me about how Slips fuzzies the mixup every time at this point. So I'm sure I'm gonna see a difference here. And others will over time.