What's new

Question Patch notes (The F1 buff). Is Back2 now officially useless?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Ok, so with the new May 2013 patch, Catwoman's F1 will now be an OVERHEAD.

This is a pretty big buff, as her other overhead starters F3 and B2 were 23 frames and could be fuzzy guarded. F1 is 16 and previously hit mid. This means that she now has a 16 frame Overhead, and a 14 frame Low.

The range on F1 is very good. It's also +2 on block, and can be used to bait D1's which your D1 will punish into CatClaws.

Back2 is neutral (obviously worse than +2), and Back2 3 is +3 on block with huge pushback (obviously worse than keeping them close).

So I ask, is Back2 now officially useless?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I don't used Catwoman and I don't know much of her, but can she get 50% off of f1?

maxter showed me a 50% combo off of her b2, so if she can get that type of damage from that, then I'd keep it around.

But You're right, f1 does seem like the better option.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I don't used Catwoman and I don't know much of her, but can she get 50% off of f1?

maxter showed me a 50% combo off of her b2, so if she can get that type of damage from that, then I'd keep it around.

But You're right, f1 does seem like the better option.
Catwoman only does 50% is you use a bar of meter and use her full trait, which is a waste, because her trait is to be saved for a free invincible wakeup attack or possibly guaranteed 5% chip. Trait combos won't happen in high level eventually. F1 will likely lead 37% Hard Knockdown combos, into her now much improved mixup game.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Catwoman only does 50% is you use a bar of meter and use her full trait, which is a waste, because her trait is to be saved for a free invincible wakeup attack or possibly guaranteed 5% chip. Trait combos won't happen in high level eventually. F1 will likely lead 37% Hard Knockdown combos, into her now much improved mixup game.
She has 41% unclashable with no meter already too, and ends in a set-up.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I guess... b2 will be for if you want it to be unclashable?

B2 > B3 > F3 > F3 is unclashable but F1 doesn't have that option.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Well technically only the last 17% is unclashable. :)

But I'm doing jp2, B12D3 Dash, B3 F3 F3 and getting 39%. Where are you getting 41%? Interactable?
B12D3 claws, B3, F3, F3, 1F2. You can actually clash the end, but having unclashable damage in there is always a plus.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I guess... b2 will be for if you want it to be unclashable?

B2 > B3 > F3 > F3 is unclashable but F1 doesn't have that option.
Just to clarify, Chef means that Back2 landing as the FIRST HIT of the combo will allow you to immediately enter the unclashable B3 F3 F3. Back2 itself is not unclashable if used after a Jp attack or in mid combo.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Oh i didn't know you were including the clashable ender. My bad. :)
Also, here is a new one that I started using.

F+2 D+3 1, j3, 112 mb dash, b3, b3. 41% and ends in a set-up. Always good to know you have more low set-ups. Specially now that we have an overhead F1. :D

SLy

Noob
Nah. B2 is still viable. I find it good for going over normals and some moves that would stuff or beat out f1. B2 also has its uses for setups. the more variety the better I guess.

I was really happy with f1 being an overhead now! I am not sure if u guys watched any of my tournament matches but I used the b2 a lot in tournament and some players were able to block it on reaction. I personally think that I won't be using b2 as much because b2 b3 timing is very strict so i tend to use b2 then mb cat dash... Then again not sure yet as I haven't played the game since grand finals on Sunday...

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I was thinking the same thing, b2 serves hardy any purpose now, f1 will be so much more easier to combo into and it won't require a bar to get decent damage.

webreg

Noob
Yeah, I sometimes use it after a jump in when the opponents dashes forward.
Ok, granted I wanted to do F2 but landed on the wrong side but that still counts, doesn't it? :p

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
So now she has a safe low and overhead starter that is a true 50/50 and a safe launching special........ Damn

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
What we have here is a true embarrassment of riches. F1/B1 true 50/50. 1F2 vortex/anti wake up setup. Double F3 setup. Trust me...B2 is hardly "useless". It takes her off the ground (I land it a lot when I sense they will try to poke) and is great for when you kind of want to be random. Better than Harley's F2 overhead.... ;)

Edit: Plus I love her B2~Cat Stance(3)...