What's new

Patch Notes for Cyborg Now Available!

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
When they released Lobo buffs, I thought it was kind of cool.

Now after around 5 characters this is just fucking aggravating. They dont even give us the full patch notes. Just wait until they are all done and release them for fucks sake.
I never tought it was cool...

7Cole

Noob
I just want a black character to get normal damage like all other characters can, that's all. Instead we get responses like, just shut up and be thankful nrs did anything for you at all.

Really?

Then people wonder why some say nrs is racist.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Bane may have to wait. Cyborg is officially the next member to ride the "juicepouch character crisis" carousel!

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Cyborg didn't really need buffs. I am starting to get the feeling they are over-reacting a bit with all those upgrades.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I just want a black character to get normal damage like all other characters can, that's all. Instead we get responses like, just shut up and be thankful nrs did anything for you at all.

Really?

Then people wonder why some say nrs is racist.
Seriously?! You are going to play the race card?! Get out of here with that nonsense. You are the racist.

My guess is that 'regenerates health twice as fast' means that the start-up before he starts regenerating health is halved. ATM it takes 65 frames to begin recovering health, so if my assumption is correct, with this new match he'd start regenerating health after either 32 or 33 frames.

Which would make the trait a fuckload more useful if this turns out to be true.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
What he needed was an EX sonic cannon for a stunning special, for more mid-screen damage and actual combos outside of the corners without f3/b3 cancelling.

I know he's a hard zoner, but it's not like there aren't other zoning characters who have stunning attacks for combos.

Sinestro, GA, Superman, Luthor.

And making target locked come out faster would have also been nice.

That said, this is much better than nothing, i've been subbing Cyborg for a while, I forget where he is in my character rankings but I know he should be around number 3 or 4 most used for me.

They seem to not understand that his trait is so bad because he cant use it in almost every match-up. Just about every character can clear the screen or send out something that can, in less than a second. He doesn't have anything that can keep opponents at bay enough to use it.

Maybe if he had something that tracked, or a slow moving projectile, or a mine.

Espio

Kokomo
I've been playing Cyborg a lot more the last couple weeks and it's nice that he's getting some adjustments, they might not seem like much to some, but every little bit helps and we also should remember Cyborg is a mid tier character, he's good at what he does and we shouldn't expect massive changes for characters like him...at least NRS is being careful not to overbuff characters that are generally decent overall.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
lower-mid.

I wouldn't say he'd decent overall, but he is decent in most parts, excels in others, and just plain bad or "meh" in few areas.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
lower-mid.

I wouldn't say he'd decent overall, but he is decent in most parts, excels in others, and just plain bad or "meh" in few areas.
If played right, Cyborg is very viable and honestly needed no buffs.

He is meh in a few areas because great zoners should also no have good rushdown.

Cyborg doesnt need midscreen combos, his combos knock the opponent fullscreen which is what he wants.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Do you really think that his trait didn't need any buffs? Really?

So what? There is nothing wrong with zoners having mid-screen combos, in fact, every zoner beside Cyborg has mid-screen combos, they give you something besides one-dimensional/flowchart zoning.

Espio

Kokomo
lower-mid.

He sounds balanced/decent to me based on your description of him.

Characters should excel in some areas and be weak in others...that's good balance and makes characters unique too.

Edit: By decent overall I mean as a character design he has good tools, but weaknesses behind them.

Also whether mid, low mid or high mid is still mid tier, that's something totally minor.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Do you really think that his trait didn't need any buffs? Really?

So what? There is nothing wrong with zoners having mid-screen combos, in fact, every zoner beside Cyborg has mid-screen combos, they give you something besides one-dimensional/flowchart zoning.
I dont see how they can make his trait usable without it being broken.

Cyborg is the best keepaway character in the game. He may take good execution but man once you have that down and when to grapple out, he is a force to be reckoned with. Him doing 30-40% combos would be wayyyy too much.