What's new

Patch 1.05 WC hit box

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
So I really don't see a difference. What exactly did they mean by altered hitbox. It still grabs from all distances I used pre-patch and doesn't grab any higher vertically

If someone found something out please inform me

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

We're talking about his Walking Corpse move. But I am interested if anyone notices a difference with Grundys D2.
I tested it out in training mode and the forward range didn't seem any better. He still gets blown up by cross ups because his hurt box extends higher than the hit box. May have a better u/f range but I'll almost always use a d,f1 in that situation anyway.

WC seemed slightly longer range to me. it definately doesn't grab out of normals that have throw immune frames still. Tried it 3 times in a row against a HG and got blown up each time.

so......walking corpse was a let down....lol range was the only thing given to him. i didnt think that was needed, grundy players needed something against "throw immune" strings or to grab odd hurtboxs such as sweeps :(

edit; and his d2 seems like it hasnt improved that much. batman can still crossover 2 beating out d2 most times when timed properly

so......walking corpse was a let down....lol range was the only thing given to him. i didnt think that was needed, grundy players needed something against "throw immune" strings or to grab odd hurtboxs such as sweeps :(
Ya its a rather odd buff/change. I can't think of anybody who would even ask for it or say that his range wasn't long enough. Still sticking with WCC inputs not crossing up and controllable throw directions on aa grab and/or trait. Maybe buff the hurtbox on d2 so he doesn't get blown up by point blank cross ups.

Ya its a rather odd buff/change. I can't think of anybody who would even ask for it or say that his range wasn't long enough. Still sticking with WCC inputs not crossing up and controllable throw directions on aa grab and/or trait. Maybe buff the hurtbox on d2 so he doesn't get blown up by point blank cross ups.

ya batman is notorious for that braindead jump in set ups. haha. the problem is if you do grundys anti air special too late the inputs come out wrong giving you clever spin, and d2 doesnt hit well above his head. and if you do get your anti air special on the opponent theres another issue; it throws them out of the corner.

this is the only game i can think of that a grappler throws the opponent out of the corner....lol, grundy needs them in the corner especially against zoners imo, a directional throw would be nice. :(

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
If you do defense chain in corner, your opponent ends in the corner

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Usually if a opponent is cornered they try to jump out, you input aa throw opposite way and throw them back in, if they neutral jump use d2

Owerbart

I miss you
Walking corpse seems to have more of an horizontal range. Now just touching with your fingertips will grab them. As much of d2, I always try to go for safer options with the aa grab.

Usually if a opponent is cornered they try to jump out, you input aa throw opposite way and throw them back in, if they neutral jump use d2

Alternatively, you can usually get away with some kinda derpy stuff by just mashing D2 on their corner wakeups. Depending on the opponent you'll blow up most slow startup wakeups and allow either a full punish off the D2 or just cancel straight into trait and a new hard knockdown and back into the corner mixups. If they block and don't know the setup you can frame trap off the D2 block into a raw trait grab. Most characters can D1 out of it but they'd have to know what's going on to avoid it. Characters like Batman can parry the silly business but if you call it out with a neutral j2 you can actually get an even bigger punish than you would off just the D2.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
yea havnt noticed any big changes about what the move can do, seems pretty much same to me.

More testing last night on d2. It seems like it may have a better hitbox in the u/f area. Its definately not directly in front of him like so many others. I hit and traded with batman jump 2 at times where I don't think I would've hit before and possibly would've missed with AA grab. It felt slightly faster but may have just been me being used to online and playing offline training. Its entirely possible nothing changed because I will almost always use the 5 frame AA grab in that situation anyway.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I don't find any differences after the patch for Grundy :/
Me neither. His biggest problem seems to be WC whiffing on random strings, b3s etc. I wasn't interest in the range as that was fine. It was random misses and getting blown up for it that's the issue. Oh well, he' still fun.

And what the hell is up with Batmans parry beating his MB trait grab??

Me neither. His biggest problem seems to be WC whiffing on random strings, b3s etc. I wasn't interest in the range as that was fine. It was random misses and getting blown up for it that's the issue. Oh well, he' still fun.

And what the hell is up with Batmans parry beating his MB trait grab??

Pretty sure all parries beat his trait and throws in general. Maybe not wonderwomans haven't tested that one.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
from what i've found

The hitbox prevents people from backdashing it after a string, or on wakeup. Which doesn't matter cuz everyone knows to just NJ.

I'm starting to get annoyed with jumping moves having priority. Just takes all the fun out of it.