What's new

Overwatch Discussion Thread

Wigy

There it is...
I love the game. Up at masters on PS4 now but they need to sort out the Saudi Arabian problem.

Game becomes a roulette of if you're guna get Arabs on your team or not. Why they're not locked from Europe servers is a mystery.

Anyone on the same servers will know what I'm on about. 'ksa-moody-_-827278288' only goes dps. Will pick pharah when they have 3 hitscans and yell abuse at the rest of the team. The odd occasion you don't get that they just barely speak English or disconnect cause their connection.

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Soldier is useless against brig.

He doesn't have the damage to focus her down.

You need burst damage.

Doom pharah and junk are the only dps that really beat her. Zens good cause the discord.
^^

But then it's like, when you really gonna have a Zen this meta? Cya zen, you've had your time in the sun. It's Ana/Lucio/Brig time to shine :(

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Soldier is useless against brig.

He doesn't have the damage to focus her down.

You need burst damage.

Doom pharah and junk are the only dps that really beat her. Zens good cause the discord.
This is not true IF you can aim, though. So obviously as Soldier I’m keeping my distance from the main skirmish. When she rolls in I hit her with a rocket; and then when she drops her shield to shield bash someone or swing her mace, I hit her with a quick series of headshots. Takes her health down quickly and effectively.

Wigy

There it is...
This is not true IF you can aim, though. So obviously as Soldier I’m keeping my distance from the main skirmish. When she rolls in I hit her with a rocket; and then when she drops her shield to shield bash someone or swing her mace, I hit her with a quick series of headshots. Takes her health down quickly and effectively.
What's your SR cause that scenario sounds like you're fighting a bad brig.

Soldiers main issue vs brig is his damage becomes absolutely garbage after her ult on the whole team.

Soldier cannot burst through the shield. He gets maced out his healing. At close range he really struggles unless her shields already broke.

You can't 'just grenade her then headshot'

Flowchart for the fight goes like

If close-up brig wins or if she's about to loose can mace you and fuck off safely.
If far away can't burst her down fast enough and she can get away safely.

I follow this game closely, soldier is considered awful vs brig.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
What's your SR cause that scenario sounds like you're fighting a bad brig.

Soldiers main issue vs brig is his damage becomes absolutely garbage after her ult on the whole team.

Soldier cannot burst through the shield. He gets maced out his healing. At close range he really struggles unless her shields already broke.

You can't 'just grenade her then headshot'

Flowchart for the fight goes like

If close-up brig wins or if she's about to loose can mace you and fuck off safely.
If far away can't burst her down fast enough and she can get away safely.

I follow this game closely, soldier is considered awful vs brig.
That’s a positioning issue, though. Soldier is not a skirmisher — he functions best on high ground where he can chose targets from a distance. If you’re in brig’s face, you’re likely positioned wrong.

Zen likewise should never be that close to Brig or he’s a goner. The best advantage you have is distance, and she’s going to have to drop shield at some point if she wants to swing.

Last edited:

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Game is really fun for me but I just play it casually and almost the whole cast is fun. I just try to learn someone new every time I go back to the game and binge it for a while.

Wigy

There it is...
That’s a positioning issue, though. Soldier is not a skirmisher — he functions best on high ground where he can chose targets from a distance. If you’re in brig’s face, you’re likely positioned wrong.

Zen likewise should never be that close to Brig or he’s a goner. The best advantage you have is distance, and she’s going to have to drop shield at some point if she wants to swing.
You're setting a very very ideal situation where you're just able to sit high ground and shoot her without being contested.

You're very rarely guna have a situation where you get to burst Brigs entire shield down and then kill her while she walks towards you unless you're in like plat or lower

He doesn't have the burst to actually be effective against her at range. He's useless once her ults out.

Soldier is a bad place atm. Brig is one of the main reasons

Also skirmish? You mean brawl?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Zens still good.

Zen goats is apparently the best comp for goats vs goats
Aye, Zen didn't change. Just the characters around him. Just saying he's not really meta anymore afaik.

Zen in goats? I've never heard of it before. Sounds interesting, just increasing one teams offence and weakening their defence. Seems risk to me but what do I know lol

Wigy

There it is...
Aye, Zen didn't change. Just the characters around him. Just saying he's not really meta anymore afaik.

Zen in goats? I've never heard of it before. Sounds interesting, just increasing one teams offence and weakening their defence. Seems risk to me but what do I know lol
Goats is all about sustain. When an enemy takes 30% more damage. With coordination you can actually burst down characters goats vs goats.

Ana is great for healing denial but the grenade is very hard to get out with shields and matrix. Morias orbs all get matrixed. Zen can heal through shields, provides huge dps for himself and the team.

Ana and moria would need to consistently do over 30% more healing consistently to level out a zen who discords targets properly and lands shots.

Also having transendence is massive. Completely denys any kills on grav and shatters aside from rein charge on Squishies and dva bombs

Also zen with 100 armour is actually ridiculous, gotta kill 150 Regen shields before you can dent him.

It's easier to run Moira though. Zens prolly the hardest but best.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
You're setting a very very ideal situation where you're just able to sit high ground and shoot her without being contested.

You're very rarely guna have a situation where you get to burst Brigs entire shield down and then kill her while she walks towards you unless you're in like plat or lower

He doesn't have the burst to actually be effective against her at range. He's useless once her ults out.

Soldier is a bad place atm. Brig is one of the main reasons

Also skirmish? You mean brawl?
The Brig isn't just waltzing up to the soldier on high ground unless something is drastically wrong. You can obviously see her coming a mile away -- but generally she's walking toward your teammates, who are on the ground and close to the rest of the deathball or ground zero. If you're in position where the Brigitte is somehow close enough target you first without going through your teammates, that position is wrong :)

Even if you're in a siuation where you have to be on the low ground, he should still be sitting fairly far in the back behind your teammates, at comfortable distance to burst her before she has to engage his team.

And if she's swinging in someone's face, presumably that person isn't just sitting there -- so while they're embroiled in the fight you burst her down.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
The Brig isn't just waltzing up to the soldier on high ground unless something is drastically wrong. You can obviously see her coming a mile away -- but generally she's walking toward your teammates, who are on the ground and close to the rest of the deathball or ground zero. If you're in position where the Brigitte is somehow close enough target you first without going through your teammates, that position is wrong :)

Even if you're in a siuation where you have to be on the low ground, he should still be sitting fairly far in the back behind your teammates, at comfortable distance to burst her before she has to engage his team.

And if she's swinging in someone's face, presumably that person isn't just sitting there -- so while they're embroiled in the fight you burst her down.
If she's waltzing about and you're not getting at all pressured on high ground literally any character is good vs brig.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
If she's waltzing about and you're not getting at all pressured on high ground literally any character is good vs brig.
If you jump off the high ground you're still going to stay in the back and shoot her in the face from afar. Distance is a hitscan's best friend.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
If you jump off the high ground you're still going to stay in the back and shoot her in the face from afar. Distance is a hitscan's best friend.
In the face? You mean her shield. While you hit for like 10 damage a bullet and then she just moves into cover.

What is your SR where you're countering Brigs with soldier. I can't even comprehend.

You can make the same argument youre making for soldier vs rein but it still doesn't work out at all in the real game.

Sorry if this is coming off scathing. Like soldier is not on the list of brig counters at all by the community and her armour is a colossal issue for him. Mcree and widoa both do better call brig.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
In the face? You mean her shield. While you hit for like 10 damage a bullet and then she just moves into cover.

What is your SR where you're countering Brigs with soldier. I can't even comprehend.

You can make the same argument youre making for soldier vs rein but it still doesn't work out at all in the real game.

Sorry if this is coming off scathing. Like soldier is not on the list of brig counters at all by the community and her armour is a colossal issue for him. Mcree and widoa both do better call brig.
Her shield is only 500 HP, less than even a Winston bubble. If she's holding shield and she's not swinging when the teamfight starts then she's barely healing, not doing damage, and not building ult charge. In that case she is not an immediate threat.

When a team pushes, whether or not she still has her 500 HP shield, she is going to have to swing. It's the only way for her to get utility, do damage and make use of her passive. And when she swings and starts fighting your teammates, you headshot her. You either use the helix to help break shield beforehand or use it to burst her once shield is down.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Her shield is only 500 HP, less than even a Winston bubble. If she's holding shield and she's not swinging when the teamfight starts then she's barely healing, not doing damage, and not building ult charge. In that case she is not an immediate threat.

When a team pushes, whether or not she still has her 500 HP shield, she is going to have to swing. It's the only way for her to get utility, do damage and make use of her passive. And when she swings and starts fighting your teammates, you headshot her. You either use the helix to help break shield beforehand or use it to burst her once shield is down.
In that really ideal scenario where it's target practice basically, everyone counters her.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Oh boy, visiting this thread after 2 years.

Zen is meta. Always was, always will.

Soldier is useless, straight up. Multiple reasons for that, he's sucked for a very long time.

The concept that you're gonna kill brig with soldier is a complete joke, her heal is aoe and heal over time btw, can trigger off of almost anything. You're not bursting her down, nor does she care about anything you do since it's a team game and they're going to have a main tank + d.va.

Unless this is bronze or sth.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Oh boy, visiting this thread after 2 years.

Zen is meta. Always was, always will.

Soldier is useless, straight up. Multiple reasons for that, he's sucked for a very long time.

The concept that you're gonna kill brig with soldier is a complete joke, her heal is aoe and heal over time btw, can trigger off of almost anything. You're not bursting her down, nor does she care about anything you do since it's a team game and they're going to have a main tank + d.va.

Unless this is bronze or sth.
In an ideal situation where a teamfight never happens, Brig sits behind her shield, rein always has shield and D. Va always has matrix, then Brig is always safe.

In reality though, there’s going to be a teamfight at some point. Which means that Rein’s shield will eventually break, or he’ll start swinging backed up by main heals. D. Va will mix it up depending on what the other threats there are at the time (and her matrix lasts only a couple seconds), and Brig has to reach melee range at the frontline so that she can actually stun people, hit them with her mace and do damage, and grant the team her passive. At that point is when you focus her (really on whatever ranged DPS you’re playing).

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
In an ideal situation where a teamfight never happens, Brig sits behind her shield, rein always has shield and D. Va always has matrix, then Brig is always safe.

In reality though, there’s going to be a teamfight at some point. Which means that Rein’s shield will eventually break, or he’ll start swinging backed up by main heals. D. Va will mix it up depending on what the other threats there are at the time, and Brig has to reach melee range at the frontline so that she can actually stun people, hit them with her mace and do damage, and grant the team her passive. At that point is when you focus her (really on whatever ranged DPS you’re playing).
Nah, the ideal situation is what you're trying to pass off as reality.

What you're saying is ideal scenarios that don't really happen anywhere outside low to mid ELO, where everyone plays like a bot and you can get away with suboptimal things.

In high ladder + scrims/tournaments, it's a different world.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Nah, the ideal situation is what you're trying to pass off as reality.

What you're saying is ideal scenarios that don't really happen anywhere outside low to mid ELO, where everyone plays like a bot and you can get away with suboptimal things.

In high ladder + scrims/tournaments, it's a different world.
Dafran does the same and he’s sitting around the highest ELO it’s possible to have. Show me this match where Rein’s shield is never down, etc.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Dafran does the same and he’s sitting around the highest ELO it’s possible to have. Show me this match where Rein’s shield is never down, etc.
Lol, dafran does it, the very few times he plays soldier btw, because he's dafran. A top 3 hitscan player in the world, playing against ladder players.

Just because one of the best players in the world does it doesn't mean it's a thing. There's a reason no serious team has picked soldier in the last 1,5 year. Since you're claiming it's a thing, you show me proof then. Find me a pro match with soldier killing brig.

I feel like you play in a low elo and don't follow the competitive scene of this game at all.