What's new

General/Other Overreacting to Deathstroke part 2

Sorry it took so long to upload part 2...

We made part 1 and 2 at 4am after being told about the "Deathstroke Rules Injustice" thread and was asked to make vids showing how lex luthor gets around the zoning. We did not have time to upload the more in depth video so we made a quick part 1 just dispelling the rumors of Deathstrokes guns being safe or advantage.

We were traveling all day and night yesterday and this was our first chance to upload the more in depth vid. If this makes us "bead community leaders" then you have our most sincere apologizes.

Dapman

Currently playing as Lex Luthor.
I appreciate the work you and Reo both did for the community, Mr. Brady. However, I would've liked to see you do a less scripted 'get-in' sequence with Luthor. Is there a chance that you could have REO try his best to zone you with Deathstroke while you attempt to get in on him with Luthor? This wouldn't be a full fledged match, I would simply like to see how you'd approach this match-up with the supposed 10-0 that people claim.

Good stuff though, I learned a good bit from your video.

axeman87

Noob
As far as I'm concerned, if players that are hopelessly better than me at fighting games and IGAU in particular that tell me that its NOT broke, then thats good enough for me.

This tells me that there isn't a problem with the character but players skills.

Justice

Noob
Sorry it took so long to upload part 2...

We made part 1 and 2 at 4am after being told about the "Deathstroke Rules Injustice" thread and was asked to make vids showing how lex luthor gets around the zoning. We did not have time to upload the more in depth video so we made a quick part 1 just dispelling the rumors of Deathstrokes guns being safe or advantage.

We were traveling all day and night yesterday and this was our first chance to upload the more in depth vid. If this makes us "bead community leaders" then you have our most sincere apologizes.

I can't Like this shit enough! Great explanation guys! I hope this inspires more people to just SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PLAY!

thats the thing though, you have to do the right reads...If your not your fucked.
Kinda like how you're fucked if you misread anyone else? :p

A couple interesting things about this video. A good Deathstroke will use low shot, mb low shot, and jumping shot only. You guys were talking about the low shot frame trap which is good, but mostly Deathstoke's will be using low shot constantly while building meter. Then the opponent will have to take risks on dashing and eating the instant air jump shot, or the meter burn low shot. Or even if they do read right and dash forward after a low shot, DS can walk back, or jump back and do air gun shot.

It's also funny that in the video you guys saw the key to what Deathstroke will do once you get close, F3. After it hit twice in a row you guys switched to show Deathstroke using an unsafe special move that is full combo punish.

So once a character has worked his butt off closing the distance to DS' zoning he has to look forward to a F3 that is + on block, 33% damage or more on hit sending the opponent back to full screen, or is pretty safe on whiff. Or the DS will dash forward and throw you full screen, or do his 50/50 which gives you 30% damage and sends you full screen again.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
I think the important thing to realize is that most people acknowledge that he is a very good character, but surely not broken. We just need to learn how to become more patient. Patches should only deal with block infinite's, bugs, and small buffs in my opinion.

A couple interesting things about this video. A good Deathstroke will use low shot, mb low shot, and jumping shot only. You guys were talking about the low shot frame trap which is good, but mostly Deathstoke's will be using low shot constantly while building meter. Then the opponent will have to take risks on dashing and eating the instant air jump shot, or the meter burn low shot. Or even if they do read right and dash forward after a low shot, DS can walk back, or jump back and do air gun shot.

It's also funny that in the video you guys saw the key to what Deathstroke will do once you get close, F3. After it hit twice in a row you guys switched to show Deathstroke using an unsafe special move that is full combo punish.

So once a character has worked his butt off closing the distance to DS' zoning he has to look forward to a F3 that is + on block, 33% damage or more on hit sending the opponent back to full screen, or is pretty safe on whiff. Or the DS will dash forward and throw you full screen, or do his 50/50 which gives you 30% damage and sends you full screen again.
I know he can use mb shots...

1. That takes meter so he cant abuse it non stop

2. Hes a zoning character... thats his strength. God forbid a zoning character has options too... yup, has to go

are you saying I have to take chip as long as he has meter? if he has meter I can't jump guns, and if i get hit by guns he gains meter really fast and im full screen again. to an extent he can abuse meter nearly none stop with gun conditioning alone

Dapman

are you saying I have to take chip as long as he has meter? if he has meter I can't jump guns, and if i get hit by guns he gains meter really fast and im full screen again. to an extent he can abuse meter nearly none stop with gun conditioning alone
Out of curiousity Mash, which character/s do you play? Stroke seems to be giving you heart failure. I'd assume by your avatar that you're a Raven player, but.. I could be mistaken. Who do you play?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Thank you Pig I didn't lose my respect for you but I DID hope you would see the light. I'm happy you did.

And as for this video:

I have a ton of haters in top player department that want to see me blown up and fail and in all areas of players

End of the day fuck EM, I'm use to it

Out of curiousity Mash, which character/s do you play? Stroke seems to be giving you heart failure. I'd assume by your avatar that you're a Raven player, but.. I could be mistaken. Who do you play?
The only character that I play that has terrible trouble with DS is Shazam. I honestly have no complaints with most MU against him. I find that characters that can't punish gun shot from mid screen can't win this mu because of how many safe and damaging options DS can use on you at mid with ease because you have to anticipate another gun to actually guarantee a safe way in. And once you get in he is still no pushover. shazam can not return fire on his zoning, and ds can blow up his teleport with his multiple shots

Now this is the Tom Brady and REO I know. :) Good stuff guys. This video was much better and more informative than the last one.

And you know what? You're right. All characters have some cool dirt in this game. It's just up to the players to find it and share knowledge and tech.

I'm really looking forward to see how sick all the characters can be at high level. I don't want some characters to lose their potential and die before they even had a chance to develop.

Dapman

I'd figure Shazam would be about as bad a match up as Luthor vs Stroke, though I don't think Shazam's mobility is as good as Luthors. I could see most Captain players pulling their hair out over this one for sure.

There's always the off chance that we're all horribly wrong and these match-ups aren't even as bad as we seem to think. Again, the game IS only about a week old. Just need some more time..