What's new

Discussion Overbuffed characters in mkxl final patch

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Discuss which characters/variations were, in your opinion, overbuffed in the final patch of mkxl.

The question is specifically oriented to people that kept playing for a long time after the patch.

P. D: And with "overbuff" I also include the option of meta changes that indirectly benefited a character too much.

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
Liu feckin Kang.

Not that he was OP he just got a bunch of annoying unnecessary changes. If they were guna buff his d1 they should have nerfed his d3.

Honourable mention to the fact that reptiles b2 missed the universal mixup nerf. Not a direct buff.

Sektor could also suck my dick.

None of these were OP or top tier just felt their tools in the final patch were really Salty and some changes I felt unnecessary.

Last edited:

CmC_HAt

Noob
mileena ravenous

mix ups , 36% easy meterless damage, insane meterbuild, free conditioning to dont crouch, and a hyper low profile d3 and a large d4 LOL, insane mileena's universal anti-air (rolll and d1), decent zoning , decent antizoning, ultra staggers, god like neutral game tool (high pounce)

i missing something?

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
The most right answer is Jason. He was definitely followed by Ermac.

I haven't seen anyone mention Shinnok, when the character jumped between Top tier, to mid/low, back to top in like the final 2 patches. Though i'm not sure that was overbuffing as much as just having a strong character not be neutered.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Kitana was overbuffed when she had the throat slice. That was so stupid lol. Glad they removed it. She was fine after that.

But Jason and Ermac.

trufenix

bye felicia
wait, these kenshi posts are real? In a game that has (multiple) variations of way stronger characters that do everything he does better (Quan, Kano, Kitana, Kung Lao, Cassie, Jacqui, probably Raiden, even goddamned Subzero can out zone and out trade Kenshi) you think possessed armed with an entire round of perfect reads (cause lets face it, one fuck up and you're dead in the corner as any Kenshi) was overbuffed?

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
All Kenshi had was the armor and that was only in possessed. Take that away and he wasn’t that great. There was nothing OP about him.

I don’t understand why people are saying Kitana either. She was strong and did get a lot of buffs but there wasn’t anything menacing about her.

Don't really get why people complain about Sektor. He has a lot of tools and a few bad matchups, yes. But he has no dirty set-ups and people that know the mu can shut him down easily, especially with Mileena and HQT Predator.

Damaja325

Stylin' & Low Profilin'
dragon's fire liu kang. holy hell that character is ridiculous. even tho they toned down his insane pressure, he still has the best pressure in the game. they covered up his weaknesses by giving him a 7f d1 and 2 hits of armor on his mid-hitting db2 which is -2 but auto spaces itself to where he can check you with d1 lol. best character in the game imo.

shinnok, mileena, ermac were weakened slightly but weren't impacted much due to nerfs to other characters and meta changes.

kitana, kenshi, triborg, jason were extremely strong during this version of the game.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Mystic Ermac and Tremor feel a bit oppresive in the final patch. Not too much though
Tremor didn't really receive crazy buffs, IIRC he just got a frame shaved off of his D1 and his F1. Good buffs, but he was just always good and really benefitted from the meta shift rather then him getting hella buffed.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
-Shinnok, specially Boneshaper (was given a safe two bar armor launcher for some funny reason).
-Jason (probably the most overbuffed char in the game).
-Kang, specially DF (poke buff and universal removal of armor launchers benefited him a lot, he has less to worry about when pressuring).
-Possessed Kenshi (universal removal of armor launchers again in his favor, plus was given one of the best armors).
-Mileena got soft slaps in the wrist and stayed up there while others fell.
-Kung Lao (buff to his teleport was excessive, should have touched other things).
-Killer Leatherface (under the radar, people were too busy with alien).

Some characters that were particularly benefited by the death of armor launchers imo are: DF Kang, Possessed Kenshi, Kitana, Kung Lao, Gm Sub, Killer Leatherface, Smoke, Sorcerer Quan, Tremor, TG Raiden.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Jason has the best melee kit in the game. Couple that with nil whiff recovery on his command throw and he punishes you anyway for not eating the tick throw.

Meanwhile I whiff a tick throw with Kotal and he recites the Gettysburg Address before he recovers.

And Liu's d3, d1 string seems stupid and annoying.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Fuck Triborg (in general),Jason and Shinnok.There sure are annoying characters in the game but they haven't got as many or as dirty tools are those 3. Whenever I play against those 3 my brain has to be working all the time otherwise I just lose. :mad: