What's new

Strategy - Erron Black Outlaw Vs Marksman?

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
I personally enjoy using Marksman the most. Here are a couple of matches messing with the gun cancels:

And a bonus clip for lulz:

Erron Black is Awesome :D
Lol, soooo glad you included that last clip vs m2dave. In your experience do you have gun cancels interrupted often? I sure don't. I love you're marksmen, especially the preemptive anti air sand. I rarely use it. Now I have a better idea of how to implement it in my own gameplay. You held down the corner so well. Great shit. LOVED the whiff punishes vs GM sub. If anyone out there wants to see the potential of marksmen, they just need to watch you're matches man.

xGunShow

Toronto, Canada @GunShowXO
Lol, soooo glad you included that last clip vs m2dave. In your experience do you have gun cancels interrupted often? I sure don't. I love you're marksmen, especially the preemptive anti air sand. I rarely use it. Now I have a better idea of how to implement it in my own gameplay. You held down the corner so well. Great shit. LOVED the whiff punishes vs GM sub. If anyone out there wants to see the potential of marksmen, they just need to watch you're matches man.
Thanks man, the kind words are much appreciated! As for the gun cancels, it's a huge guessing game. Once you realize that the opponent likes to try and poke out often, that's when you start utilizing the EX sand shot (which is +7 on block and launches on hit). The gun cancels should mainly be used when your opponent starts respecting you. Once they do, you can follow up with tick-command throws or 50/50 mix ups.

Last edited:

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
@xGunShow no problem, and thank you for the tips. I hope to someday be on that level. Your execution is crazy! The guys you were playing are good players, and a lot of times during GC pressure they were absolutely lost. Best marksmen gameplay I've seen yet.

-side note: how the eff do you connect 21122 after normal rifle swing? I've had to go to f13 because i just can't connect 21122 consistently.

Last edited:

xGunShow

Toronto, Canada @GunShowXO
@xGunShow no problem, and thank you for the tips. I hope to someday be on that level. Your execution is crazy! The guys you were playing are good players, and a lot of times during GC pressure they were absolutely lost. Best marksmen gameplay I've seen yet.

-side note: how the eff do you connect 21122 after normal rifle swing? I've had to go to f13 because i just can't connect 21122 consistently.
You have to do a slight run cancel, otherwise it'll whiff. It becomes much easier when you MB the rifle swing because then you can do f1 2 dbf2 for the ender instead of 21122.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.

There you go, right from the horse's mouth. Interesting how Gunshow basically said the same exact thing as I did. I get accused of being condescending for pointing out where you were wrong, but when he says the same thing its suddenly a great tip? Not looking for props or anything, I just find this hilarious.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
There you go, right from the horse's mouth. Interesting how Gunshow basically said the same exact thing as I did. I get accused of being condescending for pointing out where you were wrong, but when he says the same thing its suddenly a great tip? Not looking for props or anything, I just find this hilarious.
Look man, to be honest neither of you told me anything I didn't already know. The difference is he was cool about it, and you came off condescending telling me shit I already know. I think what started it is my use of hyperbole without explanation. I said GC is always safe.. Because it CAN be with OS and other options and its power in online play. You said the opposite.. That in higher level play it would ALWAYs be punished.. Which just isn't true. I'm not trying to prove anyone's right or wrong. I think we are both just spinning our wheels telling each other things we both already know. Text is misleading. I'll just leave it at that and say sorry for the misunderstanding.