What's new

Out of the revealed roster movesets which one style sounds the scariest?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Currently we have a decent amount of characters each sporting 3 styles of movesets a piece. This had me thinking to myself ...just which style out of all the cast scares me the most to face?

Storm Lord Raiden with his Martian Manhunter orb placing?
Blood God Kotal Kahn and his ability to boost damage, heal, parry and buff defense?

Feel free to discuss any and all styles here as more get announced and state what's so awesome in them that makes you particularly fear facing a certain one.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hellfire Scorpion, he probably has the most versatile universal moves so far, can cancel teleport, can track at will and can untrack at will.

Hellfire can boost damage output everytime with a cooldown of 6 seconds between uses, that damage boost not only increases all his damage output, also increases chip, and you're forced to stay away from him while he is on fire, because you will take damage every second you stand near him. Besides, he can throw projectiles, has unblockable specials in this variation too.

Then is Blood God Kotal Kahn, the power to Scap damage, Scap healing, is pretty legit.

Then i would say tempest Kung Lao, free pressure bro, free pressure with that circling hat that blocks projectiles, block physical attacks, i think Hellfire Scorpion might be a good counter pick to this variation.

Raiden isin't scary, his lightning traps doesn't work until he connects them.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
all Kung Lao's variation seems quite useful and proper to a such combo feast ..... :D

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Top 3 in no particular order for me

• Blood God Kotal Kahn-2 damage buff moves for 55%+ damage 1 bar combos and huge healing potential? How about no...
  • Raiden's displacer-obvious reasons, potential +frames for days and crazy mixups, also argueably the best anti-zoning tool in the game.
  • Goro-he plays like doomsday? Instant top 1 in the first month of release...

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Ya this is what I was afraid of. Im pretty sure that entire variation is useless... come to think of it I'm pretty sure his first variation is useless too... hopefully displacer Raiden can make up for that...
Not to be mean or anything here, but how do you think anything is "useless" in January of 2014, three months before the game comes out?

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Not to be mean or anything here, but how do you think anything is "useless" in January of 2014, three months before the game comes out?
It is January 2015. Have you seen the duration/activation of them? It takes, no shit, 3 special moves to activate a trap. That is pretty insane. It is not like they do anything while they are not activated (at least not in any current build that has been shown) and the start up on them is long as fuck. Then to top it all off they need ANOTHER special to activate them... picture ANY senario where you would be able to pull that off vs a person who knows that your entire character is based around those. I can forsee that variation being zoned out hard. Why would I want to give up teleports for those? Seems pretty useless to me.

Fractured_Shadow

Because apparently seeing under 5 minutes of anything even remotely close to decent gameplay is enough to qualify the legitimacy of something.
Im looking at the overall theme/usefullness of each presented character and variation. So far Raiden has the worst looking three. What exactly does his firt variation do? How about the orb variation?

It is January 2015. Have you seen the duration/activation of them? It takes, no shit, 3 special moves to activate a trap. That is pretty insane. It is not like they do anything while they are not activated (at least not in any current build that has been shown) and the start up on them is long as fuck. Then to top it all off they need ANOTHER special to activate them... picture ANY senario where you would be able to pull that off vs a person who knows that your entire character is based around those. I can forsee that variation being zoned out hard. Why would I want to give up teleports for those? Seems pretty useless to me.
Cyrax confirmed bill because he has to open his chest to throw bombs. Who's gonna sit there and wait to get hit by a bomb? Bombs are pretty useless

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
The Raiden variation with those electric orb traps, seems to rely strongly in corner set-ups, and when Raiden has the health bar lead ..... since these traps can catch and paralyze the opponent, could work more or less like Sub-Zero ice clones, in a way that limits somehow the opponent's mobility through the screen, so, I think people will sooner or later find out some usefulness for that .... nothing tricky

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Im looking at the overall theme/usefullness of each presented character and variation. So far Raiden has the worst looking three. What exactly does his firt variation do? How about the orb variation?
His first variation increases his damage output and combo ability due to the increased stun/launch from his special attacks. His orb variation creates traps. We have no idea if you can cancel into them, what normals he has to help set them up, or what variation from another character it would counter well. Not to mention how it may work in tandem with his non-variation specific specials. It's just entirely too early to assume a variation is a shitter.

Fractured_Shadow

Cyrax confirmed bill because he has to open his chest to throw bombs. Who's gonna sit there and wait to get hit by a bomb? Bombs are pretty useless
Cyrax bombs do somthing after being thrown. They control space and force the opponent to move. Picture if cyrax had yo throw two bombs and then do another special for them to detonate.... as of rifht now compairing cyrax bombs to raidens orbs is stupid.

Fractured_Shadow

His first variation increases his damage output and combo ability due to the increased stun/launch from his special attacks. His orb variation creates traps. We have no idea if you can cancel into them, what normals he has to help set them up, or what variation from another character it would counter well. Not to mention how it may work in tandem with his non-variation specific specials. It's just entirely too early to assume a variation is a shitter.
Launch from special attacks? He has no launching special attacks except his full body electric move (which already launches). Has anyone confirmed he gets any new strings? I know it is too early for frame data but I doubt that will be affected. Cancel into an orb tosd seems pretty useless. That is like Noob canceling into a portal throw. On srcond thought the animation looks almost the same (up orb). You will still most likey be able to poke him out of it. I mean seriously guys watch all the footage of that variation and the duration of the orbs...

My point is that Raiden will lose arguably his best tool and given... what exactly? I doubt he will be a pressure character with fast normals AND a teleport... so take away his teleport and he seems rather lackluster.

Last edited: