What's new

Other M Discussion - NEW Metroid Game out for the WII: Sequel to Super Metroid!!!

Ok, the moment you've all been waiting for from me. Combos!!!

This is going to be a very long post, so i will just to it. Just keep in mind that i started doing combos yesterday, and it was done on Hard Mode during ONE ROOM of the game. It was vs 3 Zebesian Pirates (the ones the Galactic Federation were experimenting on). There is a ledge you can climb where you can keep one pirate on there. Every combo in this thread except one or 2 is done on multiple enemies.

*all combos have been recorded already and are credited to myself*

I will start with the combos that need explanation on various high level strats first

1) Dodge~Accel Reset- At any time when doing a dodge and holding your attack button down to charge your beam, it will instantly refill to the top for a double or triple Charge Beam combo. So theres one combo for now:

Charge Beam~Dodge+1~Charge Beam etc

Key to doing this combo is waiting till the end when the enemy's wave beam is about to hit you. Simply release the one you have prior to dodging, then dodge (hold 1), release, and if theres another enemy's attack/beam coming at you, dodge that and hit him a 3rd time.

2) Overblast~jump cancel - Jump canceling can be done as you are falling from stiff animations such as Overblasts or being hit while airborne. As you are falling, simply tap the jump button and samus will go into her standard "spinning jump". By doing this allows:

1) an extra half of second of elevation for Accel Charge
2) the ability to move in any direction for Multiple Overblasts without landing
3) the ability to Hit Recover in air after being hit, then land on a enemy as you are still falling
4) after firing your charge beam in the air, you can jump cancel for multiple blasts (You need 4 Accel Charges or more for this to happen)

A few examples of these would be

1) (in air) Charge Beam, jump cancel, Charge Beam
2) (from top ledge) Overblast~jump cancel, Overblast
3) (from top ledge) Overblast~jump cancel~Charge Beam~ jump cancel, Overblast. THIS ONE IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!

3) Charge Beam, Dodge~Charge Beam (Stun), Lethal Strike - There is a stun mode similar to Street Fighter when after a certain amount of hits, they become stunned long enough to input a Lethal Strike or Overblast. Theres really not much more to say about this, but it is a combo, even though there is a landing sequence.

4) Charge Beam, Counter, Overblast - Here you are hitting an enemy right as you are about to be hit by another enemy. You can reverse their attack by pressing 1, the attack Samus does is different for every enemy. Sometimes she'll popup, sometimes she'll do a hurricane kick type move, etc. Vs the Zebesian pirates, she does a kick mentioned above. This move is strong and sends them in stun mode briefly, allowing an attack of your choice. Even Overblast stuns briefly, so at the right angle you could initiate a Lethal Strike on the same enemy.

The possibilities are endless, but these are the 4 you should definitely start em off with, or variations of. I have recorded about 20 or so combos. It should be up by today. I was having so much fun with this that i didnt even have time to edit.

Next up im doing a run on normal mode so i could get accel charges. In hard mode they give you nothing.

Lastly, if you exit 2 rooms, then come back, the enemies will always reset themselves. If you dont kill any, you can just exit the room (walk out a step or 2) then come back in.

If i can remember any others i will post them. The rest will be up after i look at the videos. One thing i might have left out is the single enemy combo. Its actually a wall combo. Here it is

5) (stand near ledge) jump, Charge Beam, jump cancel, Overblast.

^^ i have a feeling once i get space jump and all my accel charges itll be possible midscreen.

I tried using my save that i beat the game with, but screw attack/plasma beam just destroys everything LOL. and from what i hear you cant even fight the optional final boss after you beat hard mode. lame :(

Hope you all enjoyed my post! I had a fun day yesterday.

Videos soon.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Damn, you're a hardcore Metroid fan huh Check? So I take it your two favorite series are Metroid and MK?

Thanks for the detailed explaination of the gameplay. Definitely want to check out your M vids

Hmm, well ive had the game a couple weeks now, so i just got the same spur of the moment feeling out of nowhere to just say "hey, lets do some combos!" :)

Thanks Pete and everyone else for the support. I uploaded the combo video earlier. I didnt add any cutscenes or anything. I will someday (hopefully ill have more combos then too).

It'll be posted in a minute. Enjoy

Thanks Pete and everyone else who watched. Much appreciated.

I came up with a new find today. This one is awesome! Too bad it didnt make the vid yesterday.

First Person View Charge Beam Animation Cancel!!!!!!!!! LOL

People have complained about Other M in light of the fact you cannot jump in first person mode. But you can! And by doing your charge beam in first person mode creates no pushback animation. In other words:

If i jump towards an enemy in 3rd person mode and do a charge shot, my jump will stop moving forward and i will get pushed back by the force of the charge beam in air.

BUT, if i jump towards an enemy in first person mode and do a charge beam, my jump will keep moving towards them, and allow me to return to 3rd person mode before the end of the jump for an Overblast!

I have tried doing an Overblast in First Person Mode, but no luck, you have to turn the controller back horizontally. This shit is nice! I will get a vid up soon, and hope to do some more of these kind of combos.

Here is the combo that is mentioned above. Very hard to do. Please enjoy.

Samus: Missile~OverBlast combo

It seems as though my combo video didnt really take off too well. I got a lot of complaints about using overblast. lol Oh well, to those that watched it from here, hope you enjoyed it.

Some updated combos. I dont have time to list em all.

Charge Beam~Missile~Overblast~Missile
Charge Beam~Missile~Overblast~Missile~Lethal Strike
Charge Beam~Dodge+1, Morph Bombs 3x~Overblast
Charge Beam~Dodge+1, Missile~Overblast

thats about it for now. im trying my best to get this up before i leave for the weekend.

Here you go Dan, Dontay, and everyone else:

Metroid: Other M Combo Video Tribute II

Enjoy, and please, comment on it. I havent gotten a single reply for it yet :(. First time in a long time not a single person has commented on one of my vids.

Later