What's new

Optimal Button Layout for Stick in MKX?

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
So I'll be playing MKX on stick. This will be my first time playing MK with a stick so I was wondering, what will be the ideal layout? I'm mostly curious where to map the block button so it doesn't feel awkward. As well as where to map Xray, Run, etc. Thanks to anyone who can help, if you believe the default to be good that also helps.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I was actually gonna post a thread asking the same question, I will be very interested in what layouts people will be using. I tried mk9 on stick and just could not get used to it gonna give it a second go with MKX though.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I was actually gonna post a thread asking the same question, I will be very interested in what layouts people will be using. I tried mk9 on stick and just could not get used to it gonna give it a second go with MKX though.
Yeah I've always played MK games on pad cause it just felt awkward on stick but since I'll be playing on PC and don't have a controller for it I'm gonna try learning it on stick. Just not sure where to start in terms of remapping and whatnot.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Yeah I've always played MK games on pad cause it just felt awkward on stick but since I'll be playing on PC and don't have a controller for it I'm gonna try learning it on stick. Just not sure where to start in terms of remapping and whatnot.
Same here I am gonna be playing on PC also and only have a Xbox pad which I wont be using. If I really don't like it on stick I will just pick up a cheap ps3 controller from CL if I have too.

Monox1de

Noob
1 blk 2 stance........... 8button layout
3 grab 4 anything

or

__1___2
____bl
__3___4 if you're on a MK layout fightstick
grab

Last edited:

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
I assume there is no dedicated interactables button right? Probably just Down + Run at the same time yes?

If so, I might go with the same layout I used in Injustice:

1, 2, 4, Throw
3, Block/MB, Run, Switch Stance

For MK9 I used

1 Stance 2 Throw
3 Block 4 Tag

I needed to have block in the center to feel comfortable doing EX moves, and I just used 1+3 for throwing. Stance is center for easy X-Rays (Sub main, so X-Ray is actually useful).

For MKX, i'll probably keep it basically the same

1 Stance 2 Interactible
3 Block 4 Throw

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
The layout I used for MK9
Top row, from left to right = 1,2,3, throw
Bottom row = blk, 4, tag, stance switch

(so for MKX just switch tag with interactable)

Last edited:

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
Prob gonna do 1 blk 2
3 throw 4
On my hitbox. Hopefully I can get used to it quickly.

Been doing the standard
1 2 mb
3 4 x
For igau...

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I'm gonna go with my MK9 layout and put Interact in for tag. 8 Button layout.

1 2 3 4
Blk Int Thrw SSw

This gives you four resting fingers on the attack buttons, and thumb for block and interact. I use 1+3 for throw and ignore the Throw and Stance Switch buttons.

Monox1de

Noob
I changed my post to what i had originally. I saw some one else post a run button and thought if that was a choice i would use 1+3 for grab instead of having a dedicated button for it. The 8 button setup i use in MK9 will work for mkx then which is exciting.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
That's exactly what it means. Where have you been?
Playing League, playing HS, on Reddit, far far away from any fighting game or MK related sites. On /r/Kappa every now and then. Why? Is there a problem I don't know all this info? Literally just came back to this site for the first time since Injustice was released. Haven't even thought about MK until this last week. So I've been out of the loop. I do know who the prettiest girl in MKX is though and what are the poopiest variations. If that helps.

Playing League, playing HS, on Reddit, far far away from any fighting game or MK related sites. On /r/Kappa every now and then. Why? Is there a problem I don't know all this info? Literally just came back to this site for the first time since Injustice was released. Haven't even thought about MK until this last week. So I've been out of the loop. I do know who the prettiest girl in MKX is though and what are the poopiest variations. If that helps.
Nope, no problem. It wasn't really a rhetorical question. Just thought it weird you'd have been into MK9 enough to know what dashblocking was, but hadn't been following the development of MKX for a year.

But at least you know now that Jacquie Briggs is terrible and Tanya is white.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Nope, no problem. It wasn't really a rhetorical question. Just thought it weird you'd have been into MK9 enough to know what dashblocking was, but hadn't been following the development of MKX for a year.

But at least you know now that Jacquie Briggs is terrible and Tanya is white.
The power of playing a lot of genres and games, upgrading my PC and moving from consoles opened up a lot of stuff to do. I also didn't want to think about the game cause it makes the wait longer, which is what I'm feeling right now. These last few days are gonna feel so long now that I'm actually anticipating the game.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
This is what I'm doing. I can re-map them if need be but since it was announced that the MK9 PS3 fight sticks were going to be compatible with MKX, this layout should work find for all game functions, just like the MK9 stick...