What's new

Opinions on the PDP mk stick

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
I'm thinking of buying the PDP MK Stick, its on offer for USD 59.99, Thats like 37 GBP which is about the same price as a new control pad, how is it for comboing ect?

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I use one it's not bad. If you like I want to sell my Xbox one since I no longer use it. I'd sell it for like $30 bucks. It's in good conditions pretty much Ike new.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Not bad. It does have a circular gated stick, so diagonals are harder to feel than a sanwa square gate. The one thing that isn't arcade authentic even when compared to American arcade cabinets is the distance between the stick and the buttons; it's much further apart on this stick than an MK arcade cabinet. I suppose this was done for comfort reasons. If you get the "Klassic" stick then it will have cherry swithes installed already, but if you get the MK9 one, you might want to swap in some better parts.

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
Im struggling to get any better with my xbox 360 control, and the madcat controller i bought is no better tbh

I have the MK9 one. I could never get used to it personally. greguu bought his the same day as I did and I'm pretty sure he feels the same way. The buttons are... eh...

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I guess i'll just have to get a ps2 converter then

What I did with my pdp stick was I changed all the buttons and I took the stick part and did a little cutting and turned it into a box shape instead of a circle shape and that made the stick good.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Thats all? including shipping?
umm maybe 5 bucks for shipping I normally ship stuff priority mail since its cheap and always arrives fast ( I have no clue why everyone doesn't use it). If shipping costs more I tend to pay it myself. It's just collecting dust in my room.

The only issue is its missing the clear covering for the inside. But I planned on just taking off my ps3 one and slapping it on the Xbox one.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
If you like pads, but are finding the XBox one troublesome, buy a PS2 to Xbox converter and use a PS2 controller, way better Dpad.

I don't really get the point of the PDP MK sticks. It's like cool and all thinking "sweet, classic MK layout!". Then you realise the classic MK layout is shit for anything that's not classic MKs. So if you're going to get a stick then you're way better off getting a stick with a normal 6 or 8 button layout.

I own a SF4 TE2 stick and love it, it was definitely a worthwhile investment. I use it for every other fighting game I play and definitely prefer it for those games, however I play MK on pad (I'm on PS3 so DS3 is perfectly fine), I just find pad much more comfortable for MK. There aren't any difficult inputs in MK, the only trouble I've had so far using pad was when I tried to learn Kabal's NDCs, really cramped the hand up lol!

So yeah, I think it's always a matter of preference, even in games like SF that a lot of people will tell you stick is better, but I think it's even more so in MK. You can get away with using whatever you're most comfortable with in this game. I don't think not owning a stick or hitbox would harm your progress at all.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
What I did with my pdp stick was I changed all the buttons and I took the stick part and did a little cutting and turned it into a box shape instead of a circle shape and that made the stick good.

which bit did u do the cutting too? the square bit that around the bottom of the joystick shaft?
if u could take a picture that would be awesome,cool if cant
yea the buttons have a weird echo to them alright,im more used to the sanwa ones

You should try all types of controllers, I personally use a Qanba Q4 Street fighter layout, and it's perfect for me. I hated using a dualshock 3

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
The main problem with the pdp te is that its oddly tall. The idea to make it a storage box was well intended but makes for an awkward thing to carry around or hold in tour lap. I personally like all of the parts in the madcatz te sticks so much more, the sanwa stick and buttons are noticeably better. Everything I'm saying is personal opinion so just try stuff until you find what you like.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I like the PDP stick. My only problem is that I really don't like the fact that its gonna be a bitch to dual mod it.

Tim Static

Adminerator
yea take a pic lol
umm maybe 5 bucks for shipping I normally ship stuff priority mail since its cheap and always arrives fast ( I have no clue why everyone doesn't use it). If shipping costs more I tend to pay it myself. It's just collecting dust in my room.

The only issue is its missing the clear covering for the inside. But I planned on just taking off my ps3 one and slapping it on the Xbox one.
hmm we'll figure something out. :)

aj1701

Noob
I think aj1701 uses an mk stick
Aye, I do.

I have an aiab stick with mk layout and I love it. For me I feel it made me a beter player, even when I use pad rarly. My hands are a bit bigger, so I kept fat fingering the buttons. I dont play other fighters, so mk layout is fine, but you should probably avoid it if you want to play other fighters.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Aye, I do.

I have an aiab stick with mk layout and I love it. For me I feel it made me a beter player, even when I use pad rarly. My hands are a bit bigger, so I kept fat fingering the buttons. I dont play other fighters, so mk layout is fine, but you should probably avoid it if you want to play other fighters.
PDP's sticks are nice, but AIAB made the best MK sticks Ive ever used. And you dont have to take my word for it. Dark_Rob Shock 9.95 summoning would all agree too. Sucks AIAB doesnt make sticks anymore

But the problem i have with the PDP's is just the distance from stick to buttons. Its a little weird. Usable, but not for me. @Jeremiah uses PDP's, and I know there is others, just no one is ringing a bell lol.