What's new

Opinions on December 21, 2012

Superi0rMagik

You only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent
I dont think it will happen I think its a very big marketing scam to get people to spend all their money.

Tolkeen

/wrists
The Mayan Calendar is a circle. It depicts only the current "age", and it's based off of planets aligning in space. There was a calendar before it, and if it wasn't for the Spanish there would have been a calendar after it. The world won't end, and if any crazy Christians try to tell you otherwise, ask them why the settlers murdered all the natives, if the natives had a prior understanding that the rapture was going to occur.

gdf

Noob
The have been people sayong that the translators took leap years into account. Either way I just want how this pans out.

Spletty

Grandmaster
WERE ALL GONNA DIE!!!

But seriously though. The world was supposed to end in May last year, then october last year, oh and y2k, and there was one in the 80s and another in the early 20th century. I wouldn't read into it too much.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
No disrespect to anyone who actually has considered this being more than just a load of crap, but cmon now...

Tim Static

Adminerator
Believe what you want to. The world will eventually end, if not later this year, but at some point between now & the next 5-7 billion years :)

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
I don't believe a word of it. I agree with Espio. I know Lt. Box had a picture of it or something.

If you lived like every day was your last, then wouldn't your last day be like every other day?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This topic makes me feel like an idiot every time it's brought up, only because I ever let it bother me.

Unless the Mayans were psychic enough to predict the rise of Caesar and the invention of the leap year, the day that their interpretations or calculations were created for went by July of last year.
The extra days completely threw off the cycle, and the day that would've otherwise stood as December 21'st, 2012 is gone.

That being said, IF said Mayans WERE in some manner or another able to plan for the leap year (for all the astronomical prowess they were said to have had, it's not impossible to theorize they would've seen the extra change in the planet's rotation and counted it in), then it's going to make for a very interesting day.

I'm not worried about the end of the world.
I'm worried about the impending actions of the widespread crazies who ARE planning for it.