What's new

Opinion: Sareena Deserved to be a Playable Character

Raider

Noob

With only 7 playable female characters (6 confirmed so far) it's such a shame that this version of Sareena ended up being kameo only! I think that she looks way too good and detailed to be kameo only and that she has some chances to be playable DLC in KP2 or KP3 BUT Sareena deserved to be in the main roster because this is something that MK1 needed. She would end up being one of, if not the most unique female character in the game. Her finally having a demonic form is amazing and they could've done so many creative things with her gameplay. I think that it's a huge disappointment that Sareena ended up as kameo only because they pretty much nailed everything about her finally!

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Yeah, of course ! Love her design , lore , everything about her ! :)

She is underused by NRS, and I was expecting her to be already playable in this game , however, NRS decided to put her as a glorified kameo only, oh my ! :D

She deserves to be, and I hope she ending being, in KP2 or a possible KP3 ..... ;)

If not, so, in the next game , MK2, she will be playable , there is no way this is not gonna happen , hehe :p

Last edited:
I love her too and I really wish she makes it in future KPs. I'm actually very hype with all of the MK characters we're getting in KP1, but KP2 onwards should focus on adding more women definitely, they often deliver movements with much more flair and choreography, and I'm all about that.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I'm a big fan of Sareena, but hate this stupid demon form so if she's gonna keep that, then no thank you. I wish there was a skin where she didn't transform, but her animations make me think there definitely won't be.

I'm a big fan of Sareena, but hate this stupid demon form so if she's gonna keep that, then no thank you. I wish there was a skin where she didn't transform, but her animations make me think there definitely won't be.
I like the idea of the demon form, but it really did turn out a bit generic. As a full character she would likely have much more of her human form through normals though, which is great!

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
She totally did, but there's only so many roster slots. Just in general I'd like to see more female characters, but especially more new female characters.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I like the idea of the demon form, but it really did turn out a bit generic. As a full character she would likely have much more of her human form through normals though, which is great!
I never liked the idea of her having a demon form in the first place, but I never expected it would look so bad. She's the most generic demon ever. Otherwise she would be one of my most used Kameos, I would love to pair her with Bi Han.

xRantex

Rante Inferno
It's funny cause I told Ed Boon at EVO that Sareena was my favorite and that same night the trailer dropped! Lol

When I told him he had a blank look (probably cause she was in the trailer later) but I did say I hope she makes it in the future :D

I said I play Mileena now and he seemed hyped about that lol.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I think she’s as good or better than a lot of the characters that are kinda “on the fence” for making it. I think she could be a pretty cool addition. I wonder if Bi Han has anything to do with her in this game like in the old timeline. I’d have rather seen Cyrax and Sektor the a few of the ones we got. But this is the second best one we have at launch after MK9. Still wish Sonya made it.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
Well, I'm definitely dying for it, of course.

My only fear is I can't really see NRS making a character like Sareena playbale and having her as kameo too. She's not that "important", compared to characters like Kitana, Mileena who have no kameo version.

She would be amazing but please, no generic demon form. It's the only thing that I hate about her. I would make her my main kameo except of that.; it looks terrible. I'm not against her having a demon form, but please... make it less generic. Human form 10/10. Demon form 0/10.

Show the biggest fan of Sareena a screenshot of the demon without context, and he wouldnt know it's Sareena at all.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
She will definitely be KP2

And i really hope Jataaka and Kia are Kameo at the very least, because every Ashrah's sister has just the potencial, since they were never explored, they are essentially brand new characters waiting to happen.

Even Kajin, the original firegod before "Luis Krang"

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
If it were up to me every single female character in the franchise except for Cassie and Jacqui would be in the game, but there are definitely a couple of them I'd rather see before Sareena.

I think she has a decent chance of being DLC later on. It's a shame that we keep getting, like, 7-8 female characters max as base roster every game.

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
Yes. More so than any other female character imo. I'd have her base roster in MK1 but hoping for KP2.

Art Lean

Noob
She's been reportedly dropped from base roster at the last second so many times it's infuriating. Why can't they finally give her a chance to shine in a proper MK game and at least just see how the fanbase takes to her?

Considering how impactful she was on Bi-Han's backstory, portrayed by a legacy MK actress in live action FMV no less, with the Brotherhood of Shadow female assassins even being readily represented in Conquest (admittedly it wasn't the exact same trio from Mythologies, but it's effectively the same group of characters), I'm dumbfounded why utterly lifeless characters like Cetrion, Jacqui Briggs, Darrius, Dairou, Hotaru, Kira, Kobra, Jarek, Hsu Hao, Mavado etc. got trumped over her time and time again.

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
She looks fucking amazing in MK1! I’ve been advocating for her return since MKX, and I will hope that she can at least make it DLC! She deserves a spot in the main roster!

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
My point is that it feels like a waste to make this version of Sareena kameo only. Did you read my post?
most of it.. all I am saying is that everyone has their favs and every single character has people going on about the kameo version. I mean personally I would want a full playable Motaro and Striker and they both had their own versions of this thread on various socials ... I could write a 10 page post as to why they deserve it if I could be bothered. I mean there was a massive 1000s posts thread at MKreddit about Darrius!! lol... and that one basically has an op almost identical to your one. I havn't looked but I am sure there would be one for Shunjinko.

but yeah... I would play her if she was in it, but the truth was I always stanned for Ashrah over the sisters anyway... so I'm happy : )

And no, not every MK character deserves to be playable.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I'm somewhat torn on Sareena in MK1. I would really like her to finally be playable again, but I also want to see a difference between the playable roster and the kameo roster, so part of me feels like just turning the kameos into characters (and vice versa) is a bit of a waste. I wouldn't object to her on the main roster, but I hope we can get a slew of new kameos to make up for the roster/kameo doubles.