What's new

Opinion: Sareena Deserved to be a Playable Character

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm somewhat torn on Sareena in MK1. I would really like her to finally be playable again, but I also want to see a difference between the playable roster and the kameo roster, so part of me feels like just turning the kameos into characters (and vice versa) is a bit of a waste. I wouldn't object to her on the main roster, but I hope we can get a slew of new kameos to make up for the roster/kameo doubles.
Her Kameo Design was tailored specifically for this MK, original Sareena and Armaggedon Sareena doesn't have any of those moves.

As far as i know, when Steph was breaking her down,"Kia's Ways" is she throwing bladed boomerangs which is a trademark of Kia, and "Jataaka's curse" it's Armaggedon Jataaka's seal which in this game drains meter.

If she becomes a playable character she will definitly be a mixed match, because OG sareena doesn't have any of those, she fires her own Kamas, has a flip kick, and a charged punch, the Armaggedon it's even worse moveset wise but she was broken with those daggers.

Last edited:
I'm definitely going to use Sareena as my main Kameo. I like her design aswell, to bad she isn't a playable character indeed.

I wonder how Mileena and Sareena perform together.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I'm unfamiliar with all MK characters before MK9, but I agree. Swap her out with Li Mei. She's pretty boring. She has the power of pink and her umtimate weapon... the formidable chinese lantern... this demon character looks much cooler.