What's new

Opinion on JIK's in MK11 1.11 patch

How strong are JIK's?

• Total voters

Agilaz

It has begun
@Agilaz i like how you have to ignore the facts that not only can you not cheese them i m mainly practicing, so now youre talking shit about some who labs when the forum is for people who lab the game. No wonder why REO, PL, and sonicfox laugh at this site.
Well, we can ask them.

Hey @REO, do you think that playing against the AI on very hard is equivalent to playing against a seasoned human player?

@MagicMan357 At this point I'm convinced you're a troll. Maybe you don't have an offline scene and that's fine, shit happens. But you're coming in here telling people that you have all the answers when all you do is play against a dumb and exploitable AI, and it's laughable. Take care dude. I do hope you come to PS4 one day, the only career you'll destroy is your own I'm afraid.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Just popped in to say in about 2 hours of casuals MagicMan did not win a single game against me. Oh well :rolleyes:
The god of 150+ ping has arrived to say that he cant debunk me one bit

@Agilaz Oh so now you have to change it to seasoned players while we were talking about online, i wonder why?

@REO is playing online with major lag more legit than offline labbing, practice and AI?

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
My opinion is JIK's can be hard to deal with but are counterable.

Made a thread about JIKs and there is straight up war. What happened in the couple hours I was off?

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Lol this was funny as.

So just to make sure I'm reading this right. Dude only plays towers and labs but doesn't play against other humans.

MagicMan357

@LawAbidingCitizen Its this simple. After i posted something that was factual, one of the butthurt brigade got mad and started talking trash. As usual theyre just mad that they have to use online laggy matches to feel good. Now they want to convince other people that practice mode isnt legitimate.

The irony is as i stated i MAINLY do labbing but i have friends whose pings are 80 and below.

LawAbidingCitizen

Lol this was funny as.

So just to make sure I'm reading this right. Dude only plays towers and labs but doesn't play against other humans.
Nah I don't think he said that. He said he labbed alot and plays low ping players but doesn't consider loses with ping above 150ms relevant.
I kind of understanding that. Online with anything above 100ms/WiFi is nothing compared to offline competitive play.

I have no stake in his fights but what he is saying doesn't sound crazy to me. I guess some people are pretending labbing isn't important and jump kicks are impossible to AA which is far from true.

I play locals and offline and learn more from running those sets than I do from playing online. Online has so many variables and for the highest level to be played requires very solid connections on both ends with very low consistent ping 30-50ms.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Nah I don't think he said that. He said he labbed alot and plays low ping players but doesn't consider loses with ping above 150ms relevant.
I kind of understanding that. Online with anything above 100ms/WiFi is nothing compared to offline competitive play.

I have no stake in his fights but what he is saying doesn't sound crazy to me. I guess some people are pretending labbing isn't important and jump kicks are impossible to AA which is far from true.

I play locals and offline and learn more from running those sets than I do from playing online. Online has so many variables and for the highest level to be played requires very solid connections on both ends with very low consistent ping 30-50ms.
ahh ok. Just read his last post. From what I have played they are a bit op. Not broken but strong. To me it seems a bit silly for nrs to say they are focusing on footsies and have jiks strong. Without a move like a dp that is a dedicated aa it seems like d2 should be the universal aa tool. In open play if spaced right they are easy to trip guard but at particular jump in angles it seems like the best option is to do nothing

LawAbidingCitizen

ahh ok. Just read his last post. From what I have played they are a bit op. Not broken but strong. To me it seems a bit silly for nrs to say they are focusing on footsies and have jiks strong. Without a move like a dp that is a dedicated aa it seems like d2 should be the universal aa tool. In open play if spaced right they are easy to trip guard but at particular jump in angles it seems like the best option is to do nothing
I agree not broke but strong is a good way to put it. I don't think D2 would be the best universal tool though with how shitty some are. I actually like how s1's where in MK9 but we don't need them that OP somewhere between would be nice. As for the best option now I'd say FB launcher is a very good universal tool, cost heavy but consistent and get at least 20-25% instead of 14%. But I normally use broken AA's like Terminators D3 and Cassie's B3 which have near Hurtboxless attacks giving me the adv. Not every character has these so I use things like trip guarding.

I've found that to beat strong AA's it requires the attacker to do their jump late to get more plus frames on block and follow up on hit. But if they JIK late they are easier to AA. But yes if they time it early its near impossible to AA but they will only get +1 to +3 on block instead of +10.
I think the jump ins that are kind of ridiculous are ones like my former main Kabal having +20 off his Hurtboxless JI2 with mad range.

Agilaz

It has begun

Just because I feel he's pulling the wool over your eyes, I'll also add this:

He refuses to play anybody who challenges him, automatically assuming they play on 200 ping and therefore if he would lose, its not his fault.

He doesn't play in tournaments, so he can't prove that his method of doing things is as effective as he claims.

Yet he comes in here and trash talks everybody who disagrees with him, like he has all the answers.

He has unironically claimed that the AI on very hard is superior to a human player. Which I guess is fine if you're talking about input reading, but that wasn't the case.

He plays on PC only, where competition is pretty much non-existent.

This is what you're defending, just so you're aware. A very bad DSP wannabe.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Jumpkicks are strong but i honestly dont think they are overpowered.
The ones that are hard to AA like shangs, theres always option to FB or even low profile if you dont wanna block.
In the brazil tourney they where FB that shit like crazy.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
@Evantabes is a tournament level player whom I regularly run sets with and get my ass handed to. I win little less than half the time, in a ft5 he'd pack me up and mail me to hell. He's on Pacific time, I'm on Central European Time, we have a steady 200ms yet our sets are mostly flawless somehow. I can literally properly anti-air him and vice versa. Our poke wars are lagless.
MagicMan failed to touch my Jade at 100ms in any capacity or avail other than banging on my block and landing a few projectiles when I didn't use glow in footsie range (because glow is fucking suicide) and he never won a single round against Evan.

He plays on wifi and complains about the connection.
He also regularly comes into the Jade forums to share his wisdom with us, which is usually "lol git gud Jade is top tier".
This guy is a joke.

LawAbidingCitizen

@Evantabes is a tournament level player whom I regularly run sets with and get my ass handed to. I win little less than half the time, in a ft5 he'd pack me up and mail me to hell. He's on Pacific time, I'm on Central European Time, we have a steady 200ms yet our sets are mostly flawless somehow. I can literally properly anti-air him and vice versa. Our poke wars are lagless.
MagicMan failed to touch my Jade at 100ms in any capacity or avail other than banging on my block and landing a few projectiles when I didn't use glow in footsie range (because glow is fucking suicide) and he never won a single round against Evan.

He plays on wifi and complains about the connection.
He also regularly comes into the Jade forums to share his wisdom with us, which is usually "lol git gud Jade is top tier".
This guy is a joke.
Like I said before I have no interest in your war between each other just generally curious why you all are doing it in the JIK thread instead of a thread dedicated to which one of you is the better player?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Like I said before I have no interest in your war between each other just generally curious why you all are doing it in the JIK thread instead of a thread dedicated to which one of you is the better player?
This is where it came up. I have no grudge against him other than the fact that he's talking out of his ass like he's some sort of top player, talking down at others and acting like he knows it all about characters he obviously didn't lab.

Fair point though.
I'm not here to argue.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
This thread is already a grease fire covered in diarrhea but I'll chime in: it's not that JIKs are unbeatable and there's no answer, but it feels inconsistent enough that there are times when it's not even worth it to try. It almost feels like "just take the throw" in SFV, if I'm in the corner I'm not trying to fucking eat a 35% combo for daring to anti-air my jumping-ass kangaroo opponent. I'd rather block a JIK and take a mixup.

You can't argue with the statistics either: I love how many people like to either forget or disregard the data REO compiled on how few jump ins are even being contested by pros.

However hard or easy you think it is (which has a lot to do with your main imo), it's bad fighting game design to have the risk/reward skewed in favor of someone jumping in on an opponent who's effectively doing nothing or even waiting for the jump-in.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Back on topic, then. Anti-airs are what's shit, like I said. And the fact that you can just jik-9f advancing mid launcher if you're Liu / Cassie

MagicMan357

And of course i come back to find people bragging about playing laggy ass online, what a fucking joke