What's new

Question - Summoner Oops..did I break him? Summoner insane corner game with Dink!

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I was about to post here a video of this 52% 1 bar combo off his f4 to make @STB Shujinkydink sorry that he didn't tag me in a Summoner tech video , but I am even more glad that people like you noticed that 1 bar combos using this progression are optimal)
Also: do you feel we should post the MB throw stuff into separate thread, now that it is a 25/25/25/25 guess) or wait so that nobody starts crying to nerf Quan for like 100th time!?))))
Wait, definitely wait lol.

I'm gonna hold off a little while before I post any ground breaking stuff, Summoner is still looking pretty good and I don't want him to be killed in a hotfix.

omooba

fear the moobs
After one day of the patch coming out?
yup just looking at everything that changed and the gameplans that were improved in the new meta i think he's the best in the game.
1) he's basically the best zoner
2) people keep saying shit like sub zero is still playing mkxl because of his corner game and i'm like bruh quan chi is still playing vanilla mkx
3) they buffed his dmg... breh
4) they nerfed everyones armor making his weakness not that far of everyone else's and lastly
5) no more armored launchers... just realize what this means with regards to ex rune and the armor spell. just look at the risk reward

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Guess I should take the time to finally start learning Summoner. After playing Warlock/Sorcerer for months, controlling a bat feels weird to me. :(

yup just looking at everything that changed and the gameplans that were improved in the new meta i think he's the best in the game.
1) he's basically the best zoner
2) people keep saying shit like sub zero is still playing mkxl because of his corner game and i'm like bruh quan chi is still playing vanilla mkx
3) they buffed his dmg... breh
4) they nerfed everyones armor making his weakness not that far of everyone else's and lastly
5) no more armored launchers... just realize what this means with regards to ex rune and the armor spell. just look at the risk reward
You're not taking consideration on the fact that the entire cast got changed. He may be strong but that doesn't mean hes top 1 lol.... you can't just scream who's top and who's not after ONE day of the patch coming out. There's so many changes rn that it'll take some time before people start deciding who's top and who's not.

omooba

fear the moobs
You're not taking consideration on the fact that the entire cast got changed. He may be strong but that doesn't mean hes top 1 lol.... you can't just scream who's top and who's not after ONE day of the patch coming out. There's so many changes rn that it'll take some time before people start deciding who's top and who's not.
Dude it's my opinion I'm not screaming who's top one for sure I'm saying say the moment with everything we know he's top 1 to say he is for sure I need match up experience but yeah taking into consideration everything everyone has and the new meta and match ups I believe quan is best in the game

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg

Keep in mind I recorded this without labbing. But shows the changes to all Quan variations
hey do you even think the tech is broken or shoud it stay? honestly? they have kinda tryed to take HTB's out, with double hitting armor now everyone has a way out of them, well Cyraxs ones are easily breakable with it. how many frame do we have to input armor from Quans?