What's new

Online Tournaments Abroad Have Begun to Ban Jacqui

Should Jacqui be banned from online tournaments?

• Total voters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You did say most notably Sooneo, and then quoted Kolosseum results that don't seem to exist. That's why I asked.

I just think that it's important that we get the facts straight on results if we're going to use them to support talking points. That was my entire point.
I assure you that my intention was not to accentuate Sooneo's results but rather his use of variation 2 Jacqui. He is one of the few, if not the only, players who has placed with V2 Jacqui while many others have placed with V1 and V3 and hence the words "most notably".

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I assure you that my intention was not to accentuate Sooneo's results but rather his use of variation 2 Jacqui. He is one of the few, if not the only, players who has placed with V2 Jacqui while many others have placed with V1 and V3 and hence the words "most notably".
Regardless of sooneo:

Since you brought up Kolosseum, it seems important to point out that not one of the Top 20 players was a Jacqui main. Regardless of how good she is, this notion that she is inundating Top 8s but just doesn't win at the end is demonstrably false since the initial Upgraded nerfs.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Regardless of sooneo:

Since you brought up Kolosseum, it seems important to point out that not one of the Top 20 players was a Jacqui main. Regardless of how good she is, this notion that she is inundating Top 8s but just doesn't win at the end is demonstrably false since the initial Upgraded nerfs.
It is also important to note that some high level players, namely Deoxys, Kombat, and Rewind, have no main characters and rotate between various top tier characters, of which Jacqui is one.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
It is also important to note that high level players, namely Deoxys, Kombat, and Rewind, have no main characters and rotate between various top tier characters, of which Jacqui is one.
Deoxys and Rewind could both be considered Jacqui mains. Kombat mostly plays other characters.

So you have two guys who mostly play Jacqui out of how many top players? Which is about the same as every other top tier character. Thus I don't understand this notion that Jacquis are overrunning Top 8s.

Can you point to the specific results you're talking about? That would help us stop discussing in generalities.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Deoxys and Rewind could both be considered Jacqui mains. Kombat mostly plays other characters.

So you have two guys who mostly play Jacqui out of how many top players? Which is about the same as every other top tier character. Thus I don't understand this notion that Jacquis are overrunning Top 8s.

Can you point to the specific results you're talking about? That would help us stop discussing in generalities.
I neither claimed nor implied that she was "overrunning" top 8s. If I recall correctly, my precise words were that she was prevalent in the top 8, meaning she has had an impact on the meta and the online tournaments, albeit less than characters like Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, and even Kabal recently. Not only do I oppose the ban but also any changes to the character so you may want to save your energy in order to argue with people who disagree with you and not argue semantics with the people who agree with you.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I mean, he was once a top competitor and at the same time a top contributor to TYM, along with Pigofthehut and others. I'm not sticking up for his recent actions by any means, but how many top players do we have posting combos and setups and tech here now?
Someone told me Tom had another meltdown on Twitch a couple of hours ago. LOL. Allegedly, he lost a series to Jacqui player and threatened to quit playing the game unless she was normalized in the next patch.

So the usual Tom drama, I guess.

Edit:

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I neither claimed nor implied that she was "overrunning" top 8s. If I recall correctly, my precise words were that she was prevalent in the top 8, meaning she has had an impact on the meta and the online tournaments, albeit less than characters like Johnny Cage, Liu Kang, and even Kabal recently. Not only do I oppose the ban but also any changes to the character so you may want to save your energy in order to argue with people who disagree with you and not argue semantics with the people who agree with you.
Yeah I hear you. Prevalent literally means "widespread" though, so maybe that's where some of the misunderstanding is coming from.

Anyway, we agree on the important issue here. I just find of people saying that Jacqui is all over top 8 when if you look at the Top 8's post-Upgraded-nerf, she's used less than most of the other top characters. When you ask people to post these tournament results, instead of making generalizations, they can never find them.

If people want to talk results, let's post them and then there's a basis for informed discussion.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I’m done with Tom, unfortunately. I donated $50 to him specifically to travel to an event last year, and subbed to him on Twitch for over a year, and I recently found out he was straight up lying. What a disappointment. He’s a grown man, not some misguided 20 year old kid making a mistake.

I’ve defended him, backed him, and been a fan for so long, but this just crossed the line for me. Wish him well, but I won’t even give him the clicks.
Tom is a moron. He threw a fucking FIT when I said he was one of the best Sub Zeros on here he just randomly blew me up going on this tirade about how he was THE best and how insulted he felt. Insecure as fuck man child that only streams and makes content so other people jerk him off for the 12 man MK Deception tournaments he was winning in Walmart parking lots. Liar and a thief, the video of him screaming at the top of his lungs while getting spanked on stream about how he can't see the bottom of his screen, but only because he is a psychopath and broke his monitor. He doesn't "tell it like it is" or "keep it real", nothing he does seems genuine, its all too little too late. You can't throw fucking fits like a toddler then talk about how sensitive the community is and how much people hate him.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Yeah I hear you. Prevalent literally means "widespread" though, so maybe that's where some of the misunderstanding is coming from.

Anyway, we agree on the important issue here. I just find of people saying that Jacqui is all over top 8 when if you look at the Top 8's post-Upgraded-nerf, she's used less than most of the other top characters. When you ask people to post these tournament results, instead of making generalizations, they can never find them.

If people want to talk results, let's post them and then there's a basis for informed discussion.
I feel like the same thing happened with Deadshot in Injustice 2. Outside of 1 tournament, Deadshot didn't have that strong of a presence in Top 8. He was certainly in there, but not any more than Black Adam.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Someone told me Tom had another meltdown on Twitch a couple of hours ago. LOL. Allegedly, he lost a series to Jacqui player and threatened to quit playing the game unless she was normalized in the next patch.

So the usual Tom drama, I guess.

Edit:

So... he will now go back to steal money from people? :) No idea why people even talk about him, he is not even a good player on top of being a thief.

As for the topic, baning is pretty much never the answer unless the character just brakes the game. She needs some normalization but not baning.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I feel like the same thing happened with Deadshot in Injustice 2. Outside of 1 tournament, Deadshot didn't have that strong of a presence in Top 8. He was certainly in there, but not any more than Black Adam.
Haha yeah, that's true. in reflection There was definitely a "deadshot phase" where everybody was picking him up because the risk/reward was so out of wack. But yeah, it was fairly short-lived, they nerfed him, and some people never really stopped complaining about it.

At the end of the game's life, the archetypes seemed to be pretty well-balanced, but you still had people saying that it was a nonstop zonefest. Good point.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
While we're on the subject: it really bothers me on a personal and spiritual level that there was a time I really looked up to Brady and wanted to compete just to fight him. Complete fucking waste of my time and imagination on my part. Let him stay mad literally every other major Sub player there's been since has accomplished more than he has, and PLEASE let us be placed in the same pool when tournaments start again so I can send him back to Texas or wherever the couch he's living on now is located myself.
I called him out in 2017 for about a month straight after he spoke out of his bitter pocket about Madzin, which somehow got morphed into my getting called out by Pig, who had FUCK ALL to do with the situation but I guess the Clique has to stick up for one another, on some "if you can't beat me, you have to drop the subject forever" shit, when I'd been adamant that I'd wanted to fight Tom and ONLY Tom since NEC 2011. Made me literally never want to pick up a fighter again. But it's cool. Karma's a bitch, I got sober and sane, he's still crying like the world owes him anything, and there are plenty of great players out there I'd be happy to get bodied by when this pandemic crap is over now that I live in Tennessee.

Also, I owe @CrimsonShadow a retroactive apology for trying to do the Brian Pillman back then and build up the dramatic tension by going totally nuts, but really only accomplishing the latter. I promise I had a really, REALLY good idea planned out for all that that was going to give me the drive to train my ass off and put on a good fight, but to no avail.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand.
The longer this argument goes on, the more I realize it'd be better to bump everyone up to Jacqui's level of crazy rather than knock her down.
She wouldn't seem nearly as oppressive if everyone else could be oppressive, too. And we have plenty of new patch builds that have yet to stretch their legs, my main included.

Unfortunately I don't agree with you on that boxy, I like the footsies and nuetral aspect of the game too much and prefer to be able to focus on things like flawless block, gaps, punishes, frame traps, rather than 50/50 guess games.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
MK9: We didnt ban Kabal, Cyrax, Sonya, Kenshi.
MKX: We didnt ban vanilla Raiden, pre-patch Tanya, Alien, LK, JC and HQT Predator.

But yeah, lets ban Jacqui.

SMFH with this community man. Some people really need to check on their definition of broken.