What's new

Online improvements and features you would like to see for MK10

haketh

Noob
Just do everything ASW did with BlazBlue Chrono Phantasam's online. Seriously best suite of online features I've seen.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
For those of us who actually enjoy ranked to a certain extent throwing a new opponent at you every match.
A league matching system like starcraft. new, bronze, silver, gold, diamond leagues ect.

I can't tell how many games I play in ranked where I fight a TS 30 or higher then an opponent that has 5 times as many losses as wins right after. So inconsistent and the matches against noobs are extremely boring and i learn nothing from them.

So once you get your TS past a certain point or points ranking for PSN wise you move up a league. You lose enough to rank down you go back to the previous league. So it's never like you get stuck in a league where you either can never win or always win but still keeping it challenging.

TS 0-15 new mostly noobs or lousy players.
TS 15-20 bronze average players
TS 20-25 silver slightly above average players
TS 25-30 gold decent players fighting decent players
TS 30+ diamond

No it won't fix the problem, people are complete fucking douchebags, and will always be that way.
Still, any little bit helps, and there is no reason to show w/l ratio for a casual environment like player match.

How does Smash handle it? It's been a long while since I played any of them. All I remember is Brawl's perplexing insane online community. The games netcode was so bad, it drove them all crazy.
I disagree. They should keep the w/l ratio, just remove the rankings.

The reason I want it there is because its easier to find the "player you want", meaning a player on your level. I mean imagine a really good player in a lobby of 100+ players, searching completely random for another good player...it's going to be really frustating! At least with w/l ratio you have better chances of finding a player on your level.

Get rid of challange tower modes. I don't think anyone appreciates them or particularly enjoys them as much as a Konquest mode. I think a modern NRS take on a fighting game campaign mode with tutorial-usk features and mini games would be more interesting than mundain challenges. I think it's fair to say NRS story mode are particularly high tier, especially with juggling so many characters. It would be cool to see these characters interact in a new state of the art more open world environment.

Also seriously I wanna play Goro! I love Goro! He's supposed to be a half dragon prince, he needs more development. My first MK was MK1. What's the first thing you see? It's Goro! Watch the movie. Goro is the main monster more lines than scorpion and subby combined! You owe it to Goro to at least have him playable

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Those racist motherfuckers
Speaking of racist, did you notice that in "The Dark Knight", the Joker kills almost exclusively black people on screen? 4 out of the 5 you see him kill personally, I mean. The "bus driver" is the only one who isn't black. Weird.

A system like Tekken and SF where ranked matches level you up grades depending on skill levels.

In mk and Injustice the"best" on ranked are just the ones who play the most so it makes the whole system a joke really.
Well it's mostly the same thing really. I'm not even a strong Tekken player but I was able to get a high rank because I played TTT2 a lot. And in AE and SFxT BP is pretty easy to grind. Only the PPs matter I'd say. It's much harder to sustain a high PP than a high BP.

But from my MK9 online experience I thought the true skill rank system was a decent representation of skill. Because it wasn't just about wins vs loses, you had to beat strong players with high TS to get higher ranks. If someone had a 500-10 record but had a low TS you just knew he was a fraud. But 80% of players with 35-45 TS always offered a good challenge. At least when I still played MK9 the top 100 consisted of guys like Foxy Grampa, mygod, wound cowboy and Forever King. The other 20% were rage quitting boosters of course. But that's always going to be around no matter what system you try to implement.

But yeah they should definitely improve it for sure. I hope they have a better match making system and a way to filter searches by connection, region, TS and character mains to practice matchups.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
But from my MK9 online experience I thought the true skill rank system was a decent representation of skill. Because it wasn't just about wins vs loses, you had to beat strong players with high TS to get higher ranks. If someone had a 500-10 record but had a low TS you just knew he was a fraud. But 80% of players with 35-45 TS always offered a good challenge. At least when I still played MK9 the top 100 consisted of guys like Foxy Grampa, mygod, wound cowboy and Forever King. The other 20% were rage quitting boosters of course. But that's always going to be around no matter what system you try to implement.

But yeah they should definitely improve it for sure. I hope they have a better match making system and a way to filter searches by connection, region, TS and character mains to practice matchups.
Sucks that PS3 completely does not have TS rankings for any game.

ProudDisciple

Average at Best
Just do everything ASW did with BlazBlue Chrono Phantasam's online. Seriously best suite of online features I've seen.
I'm on the fence about importing BBCP, would you mind elaborating on the features? I love me some BB but didn't play the last version, so I'm really interested in starting fresh with BBCP.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
look at sf4 and copy everything they have. i mean really how is that not the industry standard?

-lifelike netcode
-endless lobbies (koths)
-ranked
-player match
-private match
-replay save feature with ability to see inputs
-ability to share replays and see replays from others as a standard, viewable by character
-default double blind
-INSTANT FAST REMATCH ABILITY
-SKIPPABLE WIN SCENES

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
look at sf4 and copy everything they have. i mean really how is that not the industry standard?

-lifelike netcode
-endless lobbies (koths)
-ranked
-player match
-private match
-replay save feature with ability to see inputs
-ability to share replays and see replays from others as a standard, viewable by character
-default double blind
-INSTANT FAST REMATCH ABILITY
-SKIPPABLE WIN SCENES
^^ This x1000