• Raiden

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • Quan Chi

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Goro

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Tremor

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I'm still using the same one dammit!!!

Votes: 38 27.0%

• Total voters

Eminent

Forum Lurker
I dropped Cassi. They just kept taking away all her good stuff. She's not really intimidating anymore

Out of like the 10 fighting games I played and mastered I've never switched my main, always been a character loyalist. Until mkxl that is. Mained Tanya since I got the game but dropped the whole game when she was nerfed. Came back like a week n a couple days ago and now I main Covert ops Sonya. Finding a lot of success with her, she fits my style perfectly :)

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Started off using Sun God Kotal, and only recently got to using Blood/War God, so I haven't dropped my main. As for my secondaries, I can't seem to stay on one, went through Kenjutsu, Necromancer, Commando, Stunt Double, Cyber Sub and I'm currently on Shaolin.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I dropped balanced kenshi for lasher takeda, it was really hard to break away from kenshi, it was the worst break up ever. Lots of tears, lots of calling back, lots of trying to make it work. But I just couldn't. And now with lasher it fits my playstyle perfectly, and I think they lasher is secretly one of the best characters in the game.
Yeah I've tried to go back to kenshi over and over during the year. No. Just. No. Rip Kenshi

TheGangstaFace

I dropped Goro, a bit too slow for my taste. Dropped Jason because I just get frustrated when I use him. Dropped Johnny because fisticuffs sucks and i lack the dexterity to do nonstop crispy cancels. Dropped Cassie after the last major patch where she got nerfed.

Yeah ive gone through alot lol.

Now I just play wrestler jax, kotal and boneshaper shinnok.
Why would you drop Cassie? I play crazy steady all the time and Cassie's cartwheel I still fast and if she trades you get launched so high she still gets a combo and brawler got nice buffs. Brawler is dangerous

TheGangstaFace

Started off using Sun God Kotal, and only recently got to using Blood/War God, so I haven't dropped my main. As for my secondaries, I can't seem to stay on one, went through Kenjutsu, Necromancer, Commando, Stunt Double, Cyber Sub and I'm currently on Shaolin.
I started off with sun god but I don't see the point honestly. Sun God has an okay wakeup and if he whiffs the command grab its ggs. War God gets better mixups and better pressure. Blood God to me is only good in some mu's

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Committed to Takeda and had a bunch of side hoes:
Ermac, Reptile, Tremor, Predator, and Erron.

Now it's Takeda and an awkward threesome with some robots.

Eminent

Forum Lurker
I haven't played Brawler since the most recent buffs but I have been playing Cassi (hollywood) since the beginning of the game. I'm comparing her now to the beginning. She used to be a monster. Relearning how a character is fundamentally supposed to play is really annoying.

Edit: I understand that maybe I just need to adjust and re-learn things. I see a lot of people have been dropping Erron Black in this thread... which is funny, because I've picked him up since the patch and have been really enjoying him. His new command grab is awesome.

Last edited:

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
The Cassie profile pic says otherwise lol
Well, truth be told I just picked her up, her undercover costume in hollywood is too cool looking for me not to play her, besides I have Mileena to fall back on when things get tough for Cass.
Before this I played Mileena and Johnny Cage a bit, and was on and off w/ Sonya.

Why would you drop Cassie? I play crazy steady all the time and Cassie's cartwheel I still fast and if she trades you get launched so high she still gets a combo and brawler got nice buffs. Brawler is dangerous
Nothing changed with brawler except she got armor on her takedown. It doesnt lead to anything and is full combo punish on block. If im gonna risk full combo punish on an overhead like that ill take jaxs which send them to the corner for 35% or armor break setups.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Only character who could possibly make me switch mains now is Kabal.
i would freak if Kabal made it in.

just scared, how would he get in and not get the nerf hammer.

look at Cyrax, MK9 visions dictated patch notes better safe then sorry they said.

And how would they make Kabal work in this game with Stamina?

imo if he didn't have NDC/NRC at least 2 before Stamina drain. then how would he feel like the Kabal we all know and love/hate.

i loved playing with kabal. in this game he would have to have quick IA gas and Nomad Run Cancels into mixups to be close to what he was in MK9.
and quite honestly i don't think others will allow that.

to me if he was what this community calls normalized out of fear, he would fall short of the Kabal i know and love.

in short i say id love to see him in here but fear the nerf hammer making him equivelent to Cyrax or CSZ.

id also like to see Sindel, Jade, Noob, Fujin, Shang Tsung, and maybe Chameleon(Male or Female version)

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Dropped Displacer Raiden, never went back.

But if I were to pick up Raiden, it would be with the Thunder God variation this time.