What's new

One thing I noticed about MK players..

King

Sig Maker
The reason that people hate when people hop on their character's bandwagon is because all those people who hop on the bandwagon generally do all the spammable and annoying shit with the character. Then, word gets around that character X is cheap and unskillful because you can just spam moves Y and Z.

For example, I main Sub Zero and Noob. Whenever I play another Sub online, they typically play in a very flowchart way of just throwing out random clones, iceballs, and slides to just have them all punished. However, real Sub players know that to be effective with Sub, you have to put in a lot of work and make some good reads - especially now with Sub's damage being shit.

I don't think I even need to explain why Noob players don't like when people just keep picking Noob. Clone, clone, clone, clone, clone. No baiting, no resets, no black hole setups, nothing. Just spam clone.

Eventually, when people see enough of things like this, they'll think the character is "easy to play" and "unskillful." This makes the people WHO ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE CHARACTER mad. I know it makes me mad.

Reedoms

Noob
I don't think I even need to explain why Noob players don't like when people just keep picking Noob. Clone, clone, clone, clone, clone. No baiting, no resets, no black hole setups, nothing. Just spam clone.
Then they have the gall to tell me I'm shit when I call them out on spamming clones all day.
Noob v Noob is worse than fighting Smoke in my opinion.

I played cage since day one, i love the cocky humor he has and i learned alot about mk9 itself just using that character. I dont play online so idk wats going on in that world, i play at casuals and tournys and the only thing i heard about cage was 'johnny no skill cage' doing the same move over and over.

thats kind of annoying when u hear ppl bag on your character especially if that isnt the way you play... I dont even wanna know wats going on with cage in the xbl/psn world.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I think it has something to do with the fact that its really hard to come up with technology for certain characters but its really simple to copy someone once they've laid out the blueprint in this game.

That being said I've played Johnny Cage from day one because I thought he was hilarious. I thought people were going to hate me because hes a silly character not because hes good. It's frustrating getting so much unwarranted hate when I feel like he's one of the better characters in this game that has to work really hard for his wins once people understand the match up.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The reason that people hate when people hop on their character's bandwagon is because all those people who hop on the bandwagon generally do all the spammable and annoying shit with the character. Then, word gets around that character X is cheap and unskillful because you can just spam moves Y and Z.

For example, I main Sub Zero and Noob. Whenever I play another Sub online, they typically play in a very flowchart way of just throwing out random clones, iceballs, and slides to just have them all punished. However, real Sub players know that to be effective with Sub, you have to put in a lot of work and make some good reads - especially now with Sub's damage being shit.

Eventually, when people see enough of things like this, they'll think the character is "easy to play" and "unskillful." This makes the people WHO ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE CHARACTER mad. I know it makes me mad.
Funny thing is... if they can't do anything about it... why stop? There is a block button.
In any case. I don't mind other people using the same character... I tend to learn better watching other people, whether they are good or not.
Adapting to the uniqueness of the player is part of the game.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I hate when people achieve success with a character I play because I cringe at the thought of potential nerfrage that success may cause.