What's new

One thing I noticed about MK players..

Y'all are mad protective of your mains.. hahah.. I have noticed while reading the past couple of days that the die hard mains HATE when someone does well with their characters because they fear EVERYONE is gonna start using them more... lolol.

I get the "I am trying to be unique" aspect .. but come on, there are only 31? characters.... eventually you are gonna run into another Stryker player.. well maybe not Stryker..

And your point is? whe have all our character where we are good with, but mad protective is a little overwhelming don't you think?

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I love watching Chris G play but I won't lie I kind of wanted Tom Brady to beat him at CEO. I've been using Reptile in all the MK games and for a while he was kind of underused in MK9 until Chris G won CEO. So yeah, I'm guilty of being one of those, "STOP WHORING REPTILE PLEASE!" guys.

Back when the game was just a month old people sent me nice messages about my Reptile. Now I get, "LOL USING A CHEAP EASY CHARACTER"

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
I'm the same, I hope to see few Kitanas....but when i do see them I'm going for em. It's crazy.

Konqrr, 16Bit and every other Kitana I saw (besides male MK2 Kit :bad:), I was hoping for them to win at EVO

Massive Kano

Black Dragon
This is why I envy Nightwolf fans the most. Power and obscurity indexes are both off the charts. A pretty unique situation. :)

ELC

Scrublord McGee
I main Scorpion so ... meh: don't give a damn what they say about him anyway. As long as I can use him and be good with him, that's all I need.

Reedoms

Noob
I've played maybe a total of 2 Noobs in the past 3 months I've had this game.
Feels good to be one of the select.

redeyes

Button Masher
I've played maybe a total of 2 Noobs in the past 3 months I've had this game.
Feels good to be one of the select.
i feel the same way about mileena. but i feel i will play ALOT MORE after REO taking 2nd with mileena :/

doomfarmer

unorthodox
i feel the same way about mileena. but i feel i will play ALOT MORE after REO taking 2nd with mileena :/
Yeah i've seen wayyyyy more Mileenas already. In the last few days, she's either the number one or number two most picked character i've seen.

IT HAS BEGUN

redeyes

Button Masher
Yeah i've seen wayyyyy more Mileenas already. In the last few days, she's either the number one or number two most picked character i've seen.

IT HAS BEGUN
God damn it! oh well most people will drop her for kung lao sooner or later.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Eh, I think most players are all unique anyway in that no two Mileena's, two Raiden's, Kabal's etc are the same....

The only character's I've noticed that seem to play the exact same way or similar are KL players, ground hat, ground hat, 12 mix up, repeat lol

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
yea im sort of that way. I dislike mirror matches but if I see a good Shang Tsung player at a major, then I'll be supporting them 100%. The myth that Shang is "hard" to use is a bonus. Keeps all the mouthbreathers away from making him the Flavor of the Month.

Theme

Noob
yea im sort of that way. I dislike mirror matches but if I see a good Shang Tsung player at a major, then I'll be supporting them 100%. The myth that Shang is "hard" to use is a bonus. Keeps all the mouthbreathers away from making him the Flavor of the Month.
Yeah I agree. I voted for Valle and Detroit.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Well, as a Sonya player, I actually encourage people to main her!
There are like 5 GOOD Sonya players out there (Me, WonderChief, LeoBrZ81, GamerBlake90 and Morty of course LOL). All of the other Sonya players I've met are some random guys who have yet to understand Sonya's mechanics.

I REALLY wish there was more Sonya players in the community.

Eight

I am the salt
I have an unnatural hatred for people who play the same characters as me. I don't know why.

I am one of these 'mad protective' people. It is why I'm generally unhelpful in the SZ forums lol.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I'll put it simple: we love our game. e love the blood. We love th gore. We love the story. We love everything about it.

Theme

Noob
Sure people do take it too seriously sometimes. Look at Hardwire. That guy has issues..... like I'm talking big anger issues regarding Smoke. Its just a videogame, christ sake.

I dont personally dislike someone who uses my character, mainly because I have many many characters to choose from. I absolutely hate mirror matches though, so usually when someone picks a character I was going to pick, I just switch it up. Sometimes, I do get the occasional " THIS IS HOW A REAL *insert character name here* SHOULD PLAY!!!" but besides that, Im fine with it.

I also hardly care about people discussing nerfs regarding my character. Most of the time, it is just speculation.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
I understand the whole" its just a game due" stuff, but you know this, MMA, and analysing/creating art and life are my passions. I dont rank them, categorise I just love them all, and try to balance them and let them co exist in harmony and relatedness to an extent. I will say I need and have more use for MMA compared to say playing video games in general tho.

Reedoms

Noob
I dont personally dislike someone who uses my character, mainly because I have many many characters to choose from. I absolutely hate mirror matches though, so usually when someone picks a character I was going to pick, I just switch it up. Sometimes, I do get the occasional " THIS IS HOW A REAL *insert character name here* SHOULD PLAY!!!" but besides that, Im fine with it.
For real.
Noob mirror matches are possibly the worst matches I'll ever play in this game.

Subby

Frost Warrior
Becuase once in a fighting game series its fans would all like to live the "Balance dream". :D

Ankaku

Noob
I've never understood why people dislike people playing their chars either. The way I see it, when I love a character I enjoy seeing other people come to love them aswell. Then again I don't really have a main, I play whoever I find tickels my fancy that day. If I were to have one, it would probably end being rain or kenshi since I enjoy them the most, and they were 1st chars I have ever gotten and went straight into training for without looking up combos. Is it people playing them, or people picking them up for a win button?

dmnc011m

PSN: KomboDrop
I don't mind others playing my characters. I encourage people to. The more people to play my characters, the more we discover.